Another second amendment victory!!!

gsvol

This one spent ten years in court.

Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit marked a milestone in Second Amendment history by ruling that the Second Amendment limits state and local government infringements on our right to keep and bear arms through the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“The historic Heller decision was a major victory for law-abiding gun owners and recognized that the federal government could not infringe on our right to keep and bear arms,” said Chris W. Cox, NRA chief lobbyist. “Today’s decision, which applies to the states in the Ninth Circuit, ensures that the fundamental freedoms affirmed in Heller are not just limited to the residents of Washington, D.C.”

Good news, though we're going to need to prepare for the mother of battles on this front here soon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

from one of the Tea Parties:

Attachments

• MortgageTeaParty94.jpeg
    MortgageTeaParty94.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 4
I think I'd very much like to subsidize her ammo, among other things.

Anyway, Heller really threw a wrench into the plans of the hoplophobes. That the majority opinion specifically cites personal defense as a reason to bear arms was simply enormous. Keep a sharp eye out for contols (as draconian as they can make them) on ammunition. Can't get an assault weapons ban to work? License and limit use of "military caliber" ammunition. (many countries outright ban the use of anything that uses such calibers, even if the arm itself does not fit any military description) Maybe some "reasonable restrictions" on how much ammo you can possess. You get the idea.

They'll have to clamp down or reloaders of course. Keep a sharp eye on Article IV of the Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials.

Aren't they already "limiting" the ammo manufacturing?

To the best of my knowledge no. There has been a tremendous buying run on ammo and components due to fears that such legislation may come to pass however, which has led to shortages. Many online retailers (Cabelas, Midway, etc) are taking backorders so the stuff is being produced but it's literally being "sold" before it hits the warehouse.

One would think there'd be some kind of saturation point (Yep, this 5,000 rounds should hold me awhile) but I'm not sure when that will kick in. And if Obama/Holder/Pelosi et al keep looking like they're leaning that way it may yet be awhile.

I've told yall once already. C'mon but bring your whisky. I've got plenty of room at the ranch.

from one of the Tea Parties:

Definately subsidizable!!! :good!:

Aren't they already "limiting" the ammo manufacturing?

The only thing proposed in that area was the defense department directive to cease selling used shell casings to reloaders but that program was derailed even before it was started.

Beware of the confirmation of Koh, everyone should not vote for any senator who may be thinking of confirming him and should let them know so now.

The thing is Koh wants to incorporate US law with international law and the UN for a long time has been trying to figure out how to restrict small arms ammo.

I've already got some friends and relatives down there. What's the beverage o' choice if I need room and board options? :)

To stay with the wife and I you'll need some shine if practical, otherwise, just some quality sippin whisky. I'll provide the Shiner Bock. If you cant swing either, bring a sense of humor and be yourself. We pretty damn hospitable.

To stay with the wife and I you'll need some shine if practical, otherwise, just some quality sippin whisky. I'll provide the Shiner Bock. If you cant swing either, bring a sense of humor and be yourself. We pretty damn hospitable.

I got hooked on SB while visiting down there. Was soooo happy when I rolled into Krogers one day and found it sitting there.

Nectar of the God's my friend. Allright gsvol, I'll quit sidetracking your thread. You can come too, but we're not sure you can tell us stories. That may take too long.

VN Store

Back