'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

I think it is embarrassing that we would take him on

He has a LONG, LONG rap sheet from not just his team but his city and anyone around him will tell you that. Whether it is constant fights, threats, missing meetings, etc....nothing new, by the way

The fact that Richt cut loose completely so early says something when they keep on people like Odell Thurman and others.

and if he doesn't behave, he's off the team. I see nothing wrong with letting a guy try to play football.

He has a LONG, LONG rap sheet from not just his team but his city and anyone around him will tell you that. Whether it is constant fights, threats, missing meetings, etc....nothing new, by the way

The fact that Richt cut loose completely so early says something when they keep on people like Odell Thurman and others.

IMO Kiffin knows what he is doing, and has proven if you don't follow the rules, you are gone. In Kiffin we Trust!:thumbsup:

If he doesn't behave, he's gone. Who cares about his rap sheet? He'll either behave, play football here or flip burgers.

What makes me concerned more than UGA letting him go is why UF or Bammer hasn't sniffed at him since he was let go... They both were after him before, why not now?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Moody, who earned All-America honors last year at Emanuel County Institute, said he has had contact with several schools, including Florida, Memphis, Central Michigan and Troy, since breaking ties with Georgia last month."

i agree if he doesnt work out let him pump gas somewhere. here where i'm at i have seen alot of people with bad rap sheets but i have also seen alot of people turn there lives around when you take them away from there comfront zone like there home front. and give them boundries to live by.

I have never read or heard anything like that about this kid. Where are you finding it?

“Dexter is like any other 17-year-old student-athlete that has remarkable athleticism,” [Boyd English, the principal at Emanuel County Institute] told me. “Our job as educators is to prepare Dexter for the future, for life after high school. Dexter’s a great kid and I don’t want things portrayed negatively about one of my students. Dexter’s not a trouble-maker and he’s going to have some other great opportunities.”

Moody’s recruitment, release a mystery | UGA Sports

how talented of a player would we be getting in this kid?

Very talented. He was a high school All-American. I read an article recently that said Moody was a little underrated by the scouts and was projected by some to make a better college player than Washaun Ealey, who was his high school teammate and was rated higher than Moody. Ealey broke the Georgia State record for most TD's scored in a season. It was previously held by Herschel Walker with 45 and Darius Walker with 46. Ealey had 58 his junior year. So, for Moody to possibly make a better college player than Ealey, that is saying something. This kid could really fill a gap for us at the LB position.

"Moody, who earned All-America honors last year at Emanuel County Institute, said he has had contact with several schools, including Florida, Memphis, Central Michigan and Troy, since breaking ties with Georgia last month."

I stand corrected... Did they not offer him before this fiasco?

I stand corrected... Did they not offer him before this fiasco?

I don’t know that you need to be corrected. The kid said that he has had contact with several schools, including Florida,……

It could be that he called them to inquire about their interest and they said “No thanks!” . I was just providing his quote; take it for what it is worth.

I have never read or heard anything like that about this kid. Where are you finding it?

“Dexter is like any other 17-year-old student-athlete that has remarkable athleticism,” [Boyd English, the principal at Emanuel County Institute] told me. “Our job as educators is to prepare Dexter for the future, for life after high school. Dexter’s a great kid and I don’t want things portrayed negatively about one of my students. Dexter’s not a trouble-maker and he’s going to have some other great opportunities.”

Moody’s recruitment, release a mystery | UGA Sports
He's right. Moody has a history of behavioral issues. This isn't his first run-in with authority. If you dig enough, you should find out more.

Heck, I am for him coming up here and straightening out a couple of our liberal professors. I would bet if Jan Kemp was still at UGA the athletic department would turn him loose. Experience counts.

Again, the issue I have with taking either him or Hood, is that we had the same position with Hornsby but didn't give him a chance.

Hood's situation is different from the other two in that he isn't going to receive a scholly right off the bat and that his incident happened a while back.

Let's just hope he's not the next Willie Williams....I'm all about giving people second chances...unfortunately, most of these guys don't take advantage....ahem, D-Morley. I guess we'll see!

Very talented. He was a high school All-American. I read an article recently that said Moody was a little underrated by the scouts and was projected by some to make a better college player than Washaun Ealey, who was his high school teammate and was rated higher than Moody. Ealey broke the Georgia State record for most TD's scored in a season. It was previously held by Herschel Walker with 45 and Darius Walker with 46. Ealey had 58 his junior year. So, for Moody to possibly make a better college player than Ealey, that is saying something. This kid could really fill a gap for us at the LB position.

They play single A ball at ECI. Darius Walker played AA. Herschel played single A. You're not gonna see those 58 td seasons coming from anyone in AAAAA in GA. Not the best competition in single A

They play single A ball at ECI. Darius Walker played AA. Herschel played single A. You're not gonna see those 58 td seasons coming from anyone in AAAAA in GA. Not the best competition in single A

I agree with you. Also, I read another article recently on Ealey and they said he could hit the hole pretty quick in high school and then run over people, but they said he didn't really have the ability to make quick cuts and he didn't exactly have break away speed, and this might be a problem for him at the next level. This is why they thought Moody would make a better college player, especially in the SEC.

If he came to UT, would he be eligible to play in the Fall? I know he had some trouble when committing to UGA, and then UGA released him...was it for academic reasons or something else?

Again, the issue I have with taking either him or Hood, is that we had the same position with Hornsby but didn't give him a chance.

Hood's situation is different from the other two in that he isn't going to receive a scholly right off the bat and that his incident happened a while back.

well im pretty glad we didnt give him a chance since he got in trouble there about an hour after they signed him

Don't think it would change our recruiting rankings, since the signing period is over.

Not sure on that, though.

Why did the professor threaten to give him homework...are we sure we want him with us. He might get a little upset and choke someone on the field.

How good would you say this guy is on a scale from 1-10?

He is a 8-9 ! An animal on the field, he said it would be nice to play against Georgia yearly. Thats enough for me! Watch his highlight tapes,looks a little like Luc! Tackles all the way to the ground. I hope Marlon enjoys the concussions coming his way,maybe granny will get to watch him gettin pounded by "O's" beasts. This kid has the frame to carry 240-250 easy! GO GET HIM KIFF!

VN Store

Back