The Rich Get Richer

i was just going to post something on this. looking at espn's 150 for next year the regular sec teams seem to be thriving again while we are stuck at 1 commit. i sure would like to see these o lineman and Qb kiffin talking that we need commit soon. it is already starting to look ugly next year. i know it is early, but this is what we paid them the big money for. i was very happy with the recruiting class this year with the time he has, but we have to start getting the big line talent. anybody else even mildly concerned.

I am anxiously waiting to see production as well, but Kiff has still only been on the job for 3+ months. This will be his defining class, either way. We need talent, and we have plenty of space. He needs to fill this class up with the best of the best. But it does suck to still be playing catch up with all of our rivals.

Leon "Earthquake" Orr commits to the Univeristy of Florida, Huge pickup at OT or DT

As this year proved just because they commit dose not mean that's where they end up.I think CLK still needs time to look at each players tapes as well as what they do this year to properly judge the best talent for this team..Could be wrong,but the better that we perform and higher that we are ranked the early talent will increase....Build it they will come.

They are tearing it up early right now but they have been starting of early for a while.

I think that we will start rolling in some recruits shortly.

Now if we go 8-4 this year.....thats when they will roll in....holy cow just think about it.

......Kellen Williams, Scout.com three-star offensive tackle from Brookwood High School in Snellville, Ga., is another Tide commitment who took his visit to Tuscaloosa.
'The best part about the trip was finally getting to know the coaches a lot better,' Williams said. 'They are always on a minute-to-minute schedule during the season. You have a lot of conversations with them during the official visit. It just solidified everything. I know I am going to get great coaches and great opportunities at Alabama.' ........

I found this update interesting. I cannot believe the AJC would publish any criticism of Saint Richt.

Recruiting Rewind: Alabama-bound Kellen Williams didn’t get same ‘family feeling’ at UGA

Recruiting Rewind: Alabama-bound Kellen Williams didn’t get same ‘family feeling’ at UGA | AJC College Sports Recruiting

On Wednesday evening Randall Telfer, Rancho Cucamonga's 6-foot-4 tight end, made his commitment to Brennan Carroll and the Trojan Family public knowledge.

"I just realized that there's no other school that can compare to USC and I was ready to end the process. I called up Brennan Carroll and let him know," Telfer said. "He told me to come by practice on Sunday, watch practice and talk with Pete Carroll.

"I got all my USC gear laid out for practice on Sunday. I'm ready to go."

Q. What was the best single experience you had on any of your recruiting trips?

A. During my official visit to Alabama, they let us put on a jersey and walk through the tunnel. There was no one in the stands but the highlight films were playing and it made me ready to play at the next level.

Isn't this against the rules? Playing highlight tape on their jumbotron?

Just coming off a NC win, I'd expect nothing more than the Gators to haul in some great recruits.

Quentin Hayes from Lancaster just committed to OU after picking up his offer. He was in Norman this past weekend.

VN Store

Back