'10 CA QB Nick Montana

prolly put at least simms, bell, and heaps before him. i think we will land one of them. and if we offer NM, he may commit and scare off the 3. just a thought

"Montana said he and his legendary father met with Georgia coach Mark Richt for around 30 minutes. “We learned a lot about [Richt] and the spiritual development, how he develops the players in the football program to be better men. That made a huge impression on me and my parents.”

Sounds like Richt used “GOD” as a recruiting tool again. That seems to be his MO.

"Montana said he and his legendary father met with Georgia coach Mark Richt for around 30 minutes. “We learned a lot about [Richt] and the spiritual development, how he develops the players in the football program to be better men. That made a huge impression on me and my parents.”

Sounds like Richt used “GOD” as a recruiting tool again. That seems to be his MO.

St Richt the Pious. Whatever.

Well there goes CMR's ace-in-the-hole.

What do you know about Georgia coach Mark Richt? A. He’s a great coach, and has done great things with the program. I heard from one of my high school coaches that he is really strong with his spiritual beliefs. I think that’s great. He’s a positive influence on his players. I was raised Catholic, so [spiritual matters] are a plus. However, while it’s important on [a personal level], it’s not going to be a big influence on my college decision.

QB Nick Montana talks about UGA, Alabama, Southern Cal and Tennessee | Inside College Recruiting: Michael Carvell

Your QB coach in high school is former Tennessee QB Casey Clausen. What’s the latest with Tennessee? A. Tennessee hasn’t offered, but I’m still thinking about them. I haven’t really heard from them in a while. We send emails back and forth every once in a while, but I haven’t talked to them on the phone in more than a month. I couldn’t tell you what’s really going on. I don’t know. All I can say is that I’m really concentrating on schools that have offered me, like Georgia, Alabama and some others.

QB Nick Montana talks about UGA, Alabama, Southern Cal and Tennessee | Inside College Recruiting: Michael Carvell

Good ole CMR, wearing his religion on his sleeve and using it to his advantage. Guess everyone needs an angle.

We are holding out for Heaps or Bell it sounds like.

Richt and his connections with Jesus really is helping him land some recruits.

Jesus is going to smite Richt down. Once he is the recruit's coach, it would be one thing to be spiritual guidance. Using religion as a recruiting strategy seems weak

VN Store

Back