'10 GA DB Alec Ogletree

He's a big safety. Does he have any interest in UT because he doesn't even us listed?

It seems like Richt is quick to pull GOD out as a recruiting tool.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2009/03/26/newnan-db-alec-ogletree-to-see-miami-for-the-first-time/

“[Richt] said if I was to sign with Georgia, that I could be a big help there. He said that playing at Georgia and close to home, it would be much easier for my family to watch me play. We talked about staying close to God, and living life to the fullest potential. [Richt] said even if I don’t go there, he wanted the best for me as a person. It really meant a lot.”

It seems like Richt is quick to pull GOD out as a recruiting tool.

Newnan DB Alec Ogletree to see Miami for the first time | AJC College Sports Recruiting

“[Richt] said if I was to sign with Georgia, that I could be a big help there. He said that playing at Georgia and close to home, it would be much easier for my family to watch me play. We talked about staying close to God, and living life to the fullest potential. [Richt] said even if I don’t go there, he wanted the best for me as a person. It really meant a lot.”

For real. These guys need to realize that Richt is only telling them what they want to hear, he doesn't actually want them to sign anywhere but UGA.

Ogletree: So how is UGA's defense gonna be next year?

Richt: Did you know I was in Facing the Giants? Yeah, it's about God. We're God's team. I just want you to be happy, but you'll only be happy if you go to UGA, so it's your choice ya know?

Miami still in front. UF batting 2nd. He plans to see Tennessee at some point and is still hopeful to announce before his senior season per new article.

cPanel®

"I have watched Tennessee play and know some about their program, but not alot," Ogletree said. "I am going to try and visit them unofficially in the next couple of months."

Per Rivals...

I like the kids skill set but it looks to me like he needs some more mean in him. Maybe if he comes the staff will take care of that.

UF is 2nd? Must be the best kept secret in UF recruiting.

We don't hear a breath about Ogletree on UF boards.

the article where he puts UF at #2 is dated 3/30. maybe you would've heard about it if you had the internet way back then, but it seems you just got it.

Thought I'd pass it along to you guys- I talked to my friend who coaches
at Newnan High today and he was talking about all of the coaches that had come through to see Ogletree. He said Thompson and Monte Kiffin had been by a little while back and he said he really enjoyed meeting Monte. He said Monte was "68 years YOUNG" and enjoyable to talk to. Monte said that he coached in front of 70,000 in the Super Bowl and that when Western Kentucky comes to town there will be 107,000 there...just something to think about. He did say he really enjoyed meeting Monte and trust me, it isn't easy for him to do when it involves orange.

As for Alec, I do believe he is going to camp at UT and fellas, don't pay much attention to those films of his soph year on Rivals, the kid is the real deal. One thing Hubbs might want to look into is if his twin brother is coming with him to camp. Newnan also has a sleeper CB named Jamal Ransby who I'm told is related to Eric Berry. He is dang good player with good speed, very good ball skills, and is somewhere in the 5'8 to 5'10 range. I think he will be getting noticed by folks who stop through to look at the Ogletree brothers.

TOS Poster

I guess Ogletree doesn't watch Georgia football, because it's hard to find anyone who's a fan of Willie Martinez. Jawjuh even went so far as to promote the LBs coach to co-coordinator, yet he's still supposed to answer to Martinez.

I guess Richt didn't want to hurt his feelings too much, so he didn't can him, he just gave him a buddy.

Loyalty will not win you games in the SEC----

Richt: The Sequel to Fulmer

VN Store

Back