QB Shaun Kitchens

VolDad

Based on how he’s being recruited, Banneker quarterback Shaun Kitchens believes his next offer will come from Tennessee, Clemson or North Carolina.

Kitchens, whose scholarship offer count climbed to 10 recently when he received an offer from Duke, is a big fan of Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin.

“I’ve met him several times,” Kitchens said. “He’s a young coach and it seems like he meshes really with his players real well.

“He understands where we’re coming from.”

Georgia Tech, which has offered Kitchens, continues to show major interested in the 6-foot-3, 210 pound athlete.

“Georgia Tech is recruiting me pretty hard,” Kitchens said. “They send me a handwritten letter everyday.

“I talk to them when I get a chance and tell them I’m pretty interested.”

Kitchens’ upcoming visits will take him to Kentucky and Duke. He also hopes to attend some of Tech’s spring practice.

Will Tennessee offer Banneker’s Shaun Kitchens? | AJC College Sports Recruiting

It does look a little difficult to project him at QB with just his '08 numbers. I would imagine Kiffin's time analyzing his play and mechanics along with what happens later in '09 would be important to know.

Is this guy related to that awful QB Bama had in the 90's? Freddie Kitchens I think his name was? He was supposedly an athletic QB coming out of HS and turned into a fat drunk by his senior year.

Is this guy related to that awful QB Bama had in the 90's? Freddie Kitchens I think his name was? He was supposedly an athletic QB coming out of HS and turned into a fat drunk by his senior year.

Gonna have to go with no. :lolabove:

What do Billy Graham and Freddie Kitchens have in common?

They are the only two people who can make a sold out stadium of 90,000+ stand up and scream "Jesus Christ" in unison.

He is definitely in the ATH category.

"And Tennessee, I got to meet all the coaches and everything and all of them ripped off their shirts on Junior Day and I was thinking that was pretty cool."

I think I see a family resemblance

SHAWNKITCHENS6_11150.JPG

Freddie "can't stay out of the" Kitchens

New article on scout.

Scout.com: Three standout for Shaun Kitchens

Seems that he is really high on UT. Says that he talks to Kiffin all the time. Tennessee was the first school he mentions when asked about the 3 schools that stand out to him. UNC and Clemson also stand out for him, though he has not been to see either of them. He has been to The Hill several times.

Also says that he has a former teammate that came here, anyone know who that might be?

Says that all of the schools that he has offers from, except Auburn and NC State, are offering him as a LB/DE and that he is only the 2nd string QB at his school. (Auburn and NC State are offering him as a WR)

when i saw the name, that was the first thing that popped into my head

New article on Rivals. Appears he was at the Saturday practice for Ga Tech.

Kitchens is getting looks at several different positions. Georgia Tech has told him they'd like him to play strongside or weakside linebacker.

He also took in a Tennessee practice.

"That was about two weeks ago," Kitchens said. "They had a scrimmage and that was real cool. I talked to the head coach and everything. They seem like they're real interested in me. I think they're close to offering."

I get the feeling that he would be leaning this way if we offered. From what I gather, he really likes Kiffin.

VN Store

Back