Kiffin may get last laugh!

However, from a recruiting standpoint, Kiffin’s comments appear to be calculated and (yikes) brilliant. Think about it for a moment. Where does Tennessee get most of its football recruits? It’s not the state of Tennessee, and never has been. The Volunteers traditionally recruit very well in surrounding states, including Georgia and … yes, you guessed it … Florida, which is arguably the nation’s most fertile ground for college prospects. Maybe there was a reason why Kiffin saved his best shot for Urban Meyer.
From a recruiting perspective, what Kiffin has done with his Q rating in two months is nothing short of spectacular. He’s got “rock star” status. Kids may love him or hate him, but just about all know who he is. And that’s quite an accomplishment for a newbie in a conference full of coaching legends.

Man how frustrating is it to read Bammer/Gator/dawg posts under the article...they are blinded by their anger.

I am new to this posting on VN. I have logged on here daily to read to insightful comments and really find them interesting. Now, I have one of my own. After reading the above article, a notion hit me lke a slap in the face. What CLK has done, purposely or not, is to insure that come game time, our players will feel a sense of "they're out to get us" and I believe that will make them stick to gether and play better. You just gotta know that the kids from Ala. Ga. Fla. and LSU when we play them, will want to beat our jocks off. Can't wait till kickoff!!!

To test our Lane Kiffin-is-smarter-than-you-may-think theory, we randomly called one of the nation’s top juniors, or 2010 prospects. Tailback Mack Brown of Atlanta’s M.L. King High has around 15 early scholarship offers, including Florida, Alabama, UGA, Auburn, Clemson, and Tennessee. He is a candidate to be the state’s No. 1 recruit for next year.

Brown was asked if he knew the name of Tennessee’s first-year coach? “Lane Kiffin, and I talked to him Wednesday,” Brown said without hesitating.
How about Clemson’s new coach? “They offered me yesterday [Thursday.]” Brown paused. “No sir. I talked to the running backs coach. I’m not sure about the head coach. Sorry.”

I really liked this part of the article.

I am new to this posting on VN. I have logged on here daily to read to insightful comments and really find them interesting. Now, I have one of my own. After reading the above article, a notion hit me lke a slap in the face. What CLK has done, purposely or not, is to insure that come game time, our players will feel a sense of "they're out to get us" and I believe that will make them stick to gether and play better. You just gotta know that the kids from Ala. Ga. Fla. and LSU when we play them, will want to beat our jocks off. Can't wait till kickoff!!!

Way to bring it with your first post. Now, don't wait so long to post again! :rock:

I have liked Kiffin's approach from the beginning. Is he perfect? No, but I believe his results in the recruiting and football field will speak for itself next season.

reading the comments below
uga fans are acting like the guy who knows he is about to loose his girl
bama fans think they are never going to loose another fball game or recruit

VN Store

Back