Historians rank top Presidents on Leadership

1.) Although you will never admit it, he provided hope to a country in turmoil.

2.) I would take Bubba over W, Gore, Kerry, Obama and McCain in a heart beat.

1. Most people were hoping he didn't screw things up any more that he already had.

I was alive in those days and I assure you we didn't get our hope from FDR.

Everyone with one eye and half sense could see his domestic economic policies were all failures and after Pearl Harbor, let me assure you, not many people believed the first word FDR uttered, ever, about anything.

2. A fine set you offer to choose from. Even with such a sorry set to choose from I would pick Bubba last.

I know a guy who worked in the White House in an intelligence liaison position, the first day of Bubba's utterly corrupt reign, he and others were packed up and moved out by 10 AM and my firend told me just that, face to face. (such items as you never see printed in the NY Times and the Washington Post, aka izvestia on the east and pravda on the potomac.)

“The problem was with Bill Clinton, the scandals and rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting was leading him in the wrong direction. His closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out."
Louis Freeh, director FBI

IMO, no president ever betrayed America to it's enemies more often and to a greater degree than William Jefferson Clinton.

Clinton's administration was more corrupt than any other in American history, although Obama seems set to try to knock bubba out of that top spot.

"We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past."
Tom Wolfe

1. Most people were hoping he didn't screw things up any more that he already had.

I was alive in those days and I assure you we didn't get our hope from FDR.

Everyone with one eye and half sense could see his domestic economic policies were all failures and after Pearl Harbor, let me assure you, not many people believed the first word FDR uttered, ever, about anything.

2. A fine set you offer to choose from. Even with such a sorry set to choose from I would pick Bubba last.

I know a guy who worked in the White House in an intelligence liaison position, the first day of Bubba's utterly corrupt reign, he and others were packed up and moved out by 10 AM and my firend told me just that, face to face. (such items as you never see printed in the NY Times and the Washington Post, aka izvestia on the east and pravda on the potomac.)

“The problem was with Bill Clinton, the scandals and rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting was leading him in the wrong direction. His closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out."
Louis Freeh, director FBI

IMO, no president ever betrayed America to it's enemies more often and to a greater degree than William Jefferson Clinton.

Clinton's administration was more corrupt than any other in American history, although Obama seems set to try to knock bubba out of that top spot.

"We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past."
Tom Wolfe

1.) Both my parents disagree and they were 1,000% worse off that you were. FDR provided hope...

:hi:

2.) Fine set to choose from? That is what we had to choose from.

:blink:

3.) That would be every president but three.

1.) Both my parents disagree and they were 1,000% worse off that you were. FDR provided hope...

2.) Fine set to choose from? That is what we had to choose from.

3.) That would be every president but three.

1a your parents or grandparents?

Obama is giving hope to some.

1b you have no idea how well off I was or not.

2. you left out Dole in that case.

3. what three?

In the whole 232 years we only had three good ones??
How about some that ran that weren't elected?

1a your parents or grandparents?

Obama is giving hope to some.

1b you have no idea how well off I was or not.

2. you left out Dole in that case.

3. what three?

In the whole 232 years we only had three good ones??
How about some that ran that weren't elected?

1.) My parents, I was an oops child even though my parents would never admit to it.

1b.) Trust me, I know.

2.) That is funny!

3.) Washington because he could have been emporer and turned it down. No one else would have done that. Lincoln.......... do I need to explain? FDR, he inspired hope to a country that needed something to live for and he guided the US through World War II even though he was on his death bed and he felt that it was his duty to see it through. What other president would have done that?

Truman had integrity, backbone, and morals. Try again.

:lolabove:

laugh_out_loud_baby203_203x152.jpg

Any of our modern-day "career" politicians, unencumbered by the two-term limit, would run for a third term...and a fourth.

Jefferson & TR were also better than FDR, fwiw.

FDR was liberal whose programs we are STILL paying for.

Sorry SOB hung Adm. Husband E. Kimmel out to dry.

1.) I will not argue against the FDR spending programs. In fact, I hate him for it, but I cannot overlook what he did for the country.

2.) Truman hung out Douglas MacArthur, Matthew Ridgway, John H. Church, Walton Walker, William F. Dean, O.P. Smith and Edward M. "Ned" Almond.

Any of our modern-day "career" politicians, unencumbered by the two-term limit, would run for a third term...and a fourth.

Jefferson & TR were also better than FDR, fwiw.

Truth be known, which I have made public several times, TR will always be my favorite president.

But know one likes to argue about TR.

:)

1.) I will not argue against the FDR spending programs. In fact, I hate him for it, but I cannot overlook what he did for the country.

2.) Truman hung out Douglas MacArthur, Matthew Ridgway, John H. Church, Walton Walker, William F. Dean, O.P. Smith and Edward M. "Ned" Almond.
MacArthur was the most overrated general in history. He wanted to be a damn dictator.

Your assessments of FDR and Truman are both off base. According to historians more knowledgeable than both of us. Your assessment of Woodrow Wilson is also incorrect.

MacArthur was the most overrated general in history. He wanted to be a damn dictator.

Your assessments of FDR and Truman are both off base. According to historians more knowledgeable than both of us. Your assessment of Woodrow Wilson is also incorrect.

1.) In history?????????? I can name 50 generals who wanted to be a dictator or president.

2.) Right, so the same amount of historians who agree with me about all three are..... irrelevent because you say so?

Wow..... why do you stick up for Wilson?

1.) In history?????????? I can name 50 generals who wanted to be a dictator or president.

2.) Right, so the same amount of historians who agree with me about all three are..... irrelevent because you say so?

Wow..... why do you stick up for Wilson?
1. In American history, yes.

2. Links?

3. Why do you detest Wilson?

2.) Seriously......???????????

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=FDR+Greatest+President&aq=f&oq=FDR+Greatest+Presiden

There are 4,880,000 links.

3.) The man was a self serving egotistical racist maniac who despised liberty!
1. MacArthur was a grandstanding megalomaniac. They had to do several takes when filming his wading ashore in the Phillipines. He wanted it "just right".

2. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=best+presidents+all+time&aq=0&oq=best+presidents

3. Your opinion of Wilson. Not supported by the history books.

1. MacArthur was a grandstanding megalomaniac. They had to do several takes when filming his wading ashore in the Phillipines. He wanted it "just right".

2. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=best+presidents+all+time&aq=0&oq=best+presidents

3. Your opinion of Wilson. Not supported by the history books.

1.) Do you blame him? How many takes did it take Ike meeting the paratroopers?

2.) No, I have plenty of historians/history books who agree with me.

Do you approve of Marshall, Patton, Bradley, Lemay, Ike, etc?
My Dad was not a man given to hero worship.....AT ALL.

He had one hero in his life. Gen. George S. Patton. He was in N. Africa with Patton, and marched across Europe with him, liberating a few million people along the way. Rome and Palermo to mention a couple of cities.

During one intense battle they had heavy artillery bombarding them. They looked up from their foxholes to see Patton riding down the lines in his jeep, saluting his troops as he went. The soldiers were literally screaming at him to please return to a safe position. My Dad used to laugh about the terrified look on the face of Patton's driver.

If Patton had walked in the room when my Dad was on his death bed and said, "Get up. We're going into Hell after Satan." The old man would have reached for his rifle.

My Dad was not a man given to hero worship.....AT ALL.

He had one hero in his life. Gen. George S. Patton. He was in N. Africa with Patton, and marched across Europe with him, liberating a few million people along the way. Rome and Palermo to mention a couple of cities.

During one intense battle they had heavy artillery bombarding them. They looked up from their foxholes to see Patton riding down the lines in his jeep, saluting his troops as he went. The soldiers were literally screaming at him to please return to a safe position. My Dad used to laugh about the terrified look on the face of Patton's driver.

If Patton had walked in the room when my Dad was on his death bed and said, "Get up. We're going into Hell after Satan." The old man would have reached for his rifle.

So the whole MacAurthur, Patton, Wilson, Truman, FDR squabble is about your dad?

VN Store

Back