Je'Ron Stokes

on espn it says that he canceled his visit to penn state. does this mean he's visiting UGA this weekend?

If he is looking at other schools because of he wants to play with his brother then why would he look at UGA because they would be loaded at the QB position.

Hopefully, they will delay their return flight a day or two, rent a car in Athens, GA & drive to K-town for an unoffical visit. :matrix:

Wide receiver Je'Ron Stokes (Philadelphia, Pa./Northeast) has made an official visits to two Big Ten school. He won't visit a third.
Stokes visited Illinois last weekend and Michigan the one before that. Before taking his trip to Illinois, Stokes said he would likely make an official visit to Penn State the weekend of Jan. 30, but he's had a change of heart.

"I'm not going to visit Penn State," Stokes said on Monday night. "In my heart I didn't feel like Penn State is the right place for me. I didn't want to waste their time and they were looking at other people."

With his official visits completed, Stokes' decision is down to Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan and Georgia.

"I'm going to announce on signing day," Stokes said. "I haven't made up my mind yet. It's a hard decision. They are four great Division I institutions with great people. I'm just thinking and praying so I can make the right decision."

Stokes committed to Tennessee last spring. After Lane Kiffin replaced Phil Fulmer, Stokes remained committed to the Vols though he opened the recruiting process back up enough to say he would take official visits to other schools.

Stokes continues to say he is committed to Tennessee at this point, pending his final decision and announcement on signing day.

UGA considers chasing one of Tennessee’s WR commitments
By Michael Carvell | Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:30 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

UGA, after being jilted by two prospects at wide receiver within a 48-hour span, may have found another candidate at the position: Philadelphia’s Je’Ron Stokes, who is committed to Tennessee.

Stokes told the AJC that he talked with UGA wide receivers coach Tony Ball on late Tuesday night about making a last-minute trip to Athens this weekend. Stokes is ranked as the nation’s No. 104 overall prospect by Rivals.

“He [Ball] said he loved my film, and that he definitely wanted bring me in on an official visit,” Stokes said. “He said he had to talk with [UGA offensive coordinator Mike Bobo] to see exactly what’s going on, and he would let me know something for sure by [Wednesday].”

If Georgia invited Stokes for a visit, would he accept? “Yes, I think would do that.”

If Georgia offered a scholarship to Stokes, would he accept it? “I would go there and check things out. And then I would pray about it and see where God leads me.”

Welcome to AJC! | ajc.com

This guy is starting to get to me. Im beginning to wonder if we shouldnt just go ahead and yank his offer. Of course at this point I remend myself that maybe this is just grandstanding and the coaches know what's really going down.

If UGA is waiting to go after him this late, makes me wonder where they think they stand with Marlon.

Hopefully, (if he takes an official to GA) the Stokes' will delay their return flight a day or two, rent a car in Athens, GA & drive to K-town for an unoffical visit.

If UGA is waiting to go after him this late, makes me wonder where they think they stand with Marlon.

I believe they've been rejected by two WR's they've tried to offer in the past week---one was a GA Tech verbal.

TN is going after more WR's than we can get in on the field at once as well, so that's something to consider.

TN is going after more WR's than we can get in on the field at once as well, so that's something to consider.

This really has me wondering if this is a case of getting the best players we can (and they just happen to be WR), or if Kiffin came in and saw more flaws in our WR corp than anywhere else. Other than Jones and maybe Moore, what good receivers do we really have?

I think it's more of a thing where they figure they can hurt our recruiting efforts more than anything. I don't see Stokes coming any further south than UT. Stokes will go to Michigan or Illinois, IMO.

When is CFW going to see him? Today? Tom? I would think it is either today or tom since he is going to GA this weekend. Any one know? Eric, REX?

I am surprised Stokes is visiting Georgia. I don't really get that. I can understand Michigan and Illinois with their style of offense, since he hopes to play with his brother, but I am not sure how Georgia really fits in there. He might as well stay at UT if that is the case, unless something else is going on we don't know about.

VN Store

Back