Worst football program in the state?

mooreaj21

I am an alum of Cocke County High School & i have always supported the athletics there. I went to every single game while i attended from 02-06 & i still make my way over to Hedrick Field for all the home games but i must say & this is now way suppose to be disrespectful to the kids that play football there but we have to be the worse football program in the state of Tennessee.

Here are the records for the past 5 years:

2008: 0-10 - No Playoffs. Closes game a 28-7 loss to David Crockett

2007: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win was against Volunteer 20-19

2006: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against South Greene 14-7

2005: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against David Crockett 34-14

2004: 3-7 - No Playoffs. Wins against Seymour (16-6),
Knox. Carter (27-18), David Crockett (21-7)

2003: 2-8 - No Playoffs. Wins against South Greene (39-0), David Crockett (39-14)

The last time we went to the playoffs was 2001 & we lost to Tennessee High in the first round. They dress an average of 30 kids every year on the team. Does anyone know of a program worse than this?

id say sweetwater. they were asking players to not block them cause they wernt trying. and i think they beat wartburg by 31. so i change that to wartburg

Haha when I read the title of this thread, the first school I thought of was Cocke County. I go to Morristown West, so i am very aware of the struggles of CCHS.

Livingston Academy won the 3A championship in 2005, and were really good for a few years leading up to that, but since then they've gone 1-9 every year.

They've also had as many head coaches since '05 as they've had wins, three.

White county is right in there for the battle to the basement door, Cocke county we wanted on the schedule but the line for scheduling was always busy...

My high school went to camp with RBS in 2002 and their first team was worse than our scout team. The idea was to beat up on them instead of ourselves but they were so bad it didn't help us prepare at all. I just don't see how a team can be that bad for that long.

I am an alum of Cocke County High School & i have always supported the athletics there. I went to every single game while i attended from 02-06 & i still make my way over to Hedrick Field for all the home games but i must say & this is now way suppose to be disrespectful to the kids that play football there but we have to be the worse football program in the state of Tennessee.

Here are the records for the past 5 years:

2008: 0-10 - No Playoffs. Closes game a 28-7 loss to David Crockett

2007: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win was against Volunteer 20-19

2006: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against South Greene 14-7

2005: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against David Crockett 34-14

2004: 3-7 - No Playoffs. Wins against Seymour (16-6),
Knox. Carter (27-18), David Crockett (21-7)

2003: 2-8 - No Playoffs. Wins against South Greene (39-0), David Crockett (39-14)

The last time we went to the playoffs was 2001 & we lost to Tennessee High in the first round. They dress an average of 30 kids every year on the team. Does anyone know of a program worse than this?

question is why didn't you dress out and help change it around?

Reactions: rocytop2624
question is why didn't you dress out and help change it around?

In high school i was about 5'8 120lbs. I was way to small to play! I did go to spring practice my senior year but i had to quit the team to work. I love football & i follow it at all leves High School, College, & Pros but im a basketball guy. That's usually all i do is play basketball when i have free time. But trust me if i had been a couple inches taller & weighed alot more i def would have played!

Reactions: BucksnortVol
It's not even close actually. Red Boiling Springs is on a 60+ game losing streak.They are 18-202 since 1986! Oh yeah, 1 of those 18 wins was a forfeit.

They also had a 63 game losing streak from 1986-1993,and had a long losing streak prior to 1986.

Okay yea you got us their. That is HORRIBLE!

Haha when I read the title of this thread, the first school I thought of was Cocke County. I go to Morristown West, so i am very aware of the struggles of CCHS.

Do you play football at West?? I use to have alot of friends that went there about 3 years ago.

Minus 3 good years under Danny Wilson, who's now HC at Cleveland, Heritage has been the worst team in the Knoxville area.

<<<<------HHS grad here :)

Would love to see that program back where it was in the late 80's.

We won 6 games my 3 years playing.

South-Doyle hasn't made the playoffs since 2001, and has even had a winless season from 2002-2008, not to mention not a single winning season. Went out for them my senior year, but my coach was one of the biggest pricks I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. After I told my pop that my locker had been given away to someone else, and I had to dress in an open space in the locker room, he said, "I'll not have you play for that team anymore."

So, I had to quit. Wanted to stick it out, but my parents wouldn't let me. I still have much love for the Kees, but that doesn't change the fact that they have one of the worst athletic programs in East Tennessee, in every sport but wrestling and baseball.

VN Store

Back