Bill Callahan

UTVOLS79

I read something about bill Callahan being OC. I know he head coached at Oakland and Nebraska but where was he a OC at? I wasn't sure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Everybody should hang out at the airports with shotguns and use them if Calahan shows up in Knoxville.

I don't like Callahan either, I just didn't know where he had been an OC at. I thought he sucked as a head coach!

Perspective. Callahan changed them from a wishbone team to a pro style offense. He was throwing the ball with kids that were better suited to run.

Perspective. Callahan changed them from a wishbone team to a pro style offense. He was throwing the ball with kids that were better suited to run.

Good point. I am not dead set against Callahan. He's got a lot of knowledge when it comes to offense.... BTW, He's with the NYJ this year.

I read something about bill Callahan being OC. I know he head coached at Oakland and Nebraska but where was he a OC at? I wasn't sure.

Callahan was OC for the Raiders under Gruden. He led the Raiders to the Super Bowl his 1st year as Head coach losing to Gruden. He also coached under Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin as an assistant. He was a highly thought of OC in the NFL before becoming a head coach. He is now assistant head coach for the Jets.

I don't see Callahan coming here. Kiffin will run his own offense and more than likely call his own plays. If we hire a coordinator, they will run practices and help game plan.

My heart will break if Callahan becomes a Vol. I've joked about the Callahan hire many a time with my Nebraska buddies. Please don't let karma take hold of me.

He was changing the whole philosophy of their offense at the time. And notice how there was improvements every year.

My heart will break if Callahan becomes a Vol. I've joked about the Callahan hire many a time with my Nebraska buddies. Please don't let karma take hold of me.

He won't be the HC... so I don't see the problem. Coach O failed as a HC too... doesn't mean he isn't a good position coach or coordinator.

Callahan is the prototype of the guy with the 700-page playbook.

And the problem with such a playbook is that it means being able to do a lot of things okay and nothing well. It's like where I was coaching a couple years ago....we had 40+ formations and twice that many plays but we never scored more than 17 a game.

And the problem with such a playbook is that it means being able to do a lot of things okay and nothing well. It's like where I was coaching a couple years ago....we had 40+ formations and twice that many plays but we never scored more than 17 a game.
He's also from the Fulmer school of accountability. With Bill, it's always the players' faults.

You must have us confused with the "other big red" we never ran the wishbone

Good point. I am not dead set against Callahan. He's got a lot of knowledge when it comes to offense.... BTW, He's with the NYJ this year.
You will be soon. good luck. GO BIG RED

We probably should stop worrying about this.... Kiffin said at the presser that our O would be very physical! Callahan's O was finess...

I was under the impression from CLK that he was going to be calling the plays. So, I would assume that if Callahan comes aboard it wouldn't be for OC.

Yep the players spend more time sitting in a chair learning the plays during practice than on the field

VN Store

Back