Best Eats on I-40

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
Leaving in 2 days for my trek back to Knoxville. Anybody know of killer good food places right off I-40 from Arizona to Knoxville?

How about places to eat between the hours of 10:30pm (Nashville) and 3:30am(Johnson City)? Will be driving this stretch in November.

On my I-40 trips back to Tennessee from Oklahoma I'll remind you that there is nothing to stop for between Conway, Arkansas and Nashville, Tennessee...I'd strongly recommend fueling up the car and yourself in Conway, Arkansas. Of course the food is about the same as any you'd find on the highway anywhere, we usually hit the Cracker Barrels they're usually a safe choice.

On my I-40 trips back to Tennessee from Oklahoma I'll remind you that there is nothing to stop for between Conway, Arkansas and Nashville, Tennessee...I'd strongly recommend fueling up the car and yourself in Conway, Arkansas. Of course the food is about the same as any you'd find on the highway anywhere, we usually hit the Cracker Barrels they're usually a safe choice.
And ubiquitous

There's a Marketplace Grill on the North side of 40 at the Easternmost exit in Conway. It has pretty solid food.

OK City has a lot of good eats on the Western (really Mustang, OK) side.

There's a Marketplace Grill on the North side of 40 at the Easternmost exit in Conway. It has pretty solid food.

OK City has a lot of good eats on the Western (really Mustang, OK) side.
Thanks I'll keep this in mind on my next trip.

Did you miss the whole city of Memphis???

How about places to eat between the hours of 10:30pm (Nashville) and 3:30am(Johnson City)? Will be driving this stretch in November.

Popeye's right off of the Watt Road exit. You may see Will Overstreet in there...

Ok am I missing the joke?
Not a big fan of Red Robin. Of course, if that's your thing there's one here in Jackson "right off 40".

I just thought, of all the places in the Nashville area that you could have said, Red Robin wasn't a great one.

Not a big fan of Red Robin. Of course, if that's your thing there's one here in Jackson "right off 40".

I just thought, of all the places in the Nashville area that you could have said, Red Robin wasn't a great one.

You ever tried Cajun Cookers at the Old English Inn, right off Highland / I40? Big Otis knows some BBQ. I'm pretty sure they won the "world championship" at Memphis in May one year. If you haven't it's worth a try. I think they are only open on Fri/Sat.

Order the Redneck Nachos for an app. (not sure if it's on the menu).

On the west side of Nashvegas is the Loveless Cafe. Might be the best country cooking you ever eat, except for granny's house.
It is about 5 miles off of I-40 but well worth it and you just might be sitting next to Vince Gill or the McGraw's. It is a favorite of the country music set.
Have a great trip.

On the west side of Nashvegas is the Loveless Cafe. Might be the best country cooking you ever eat, except for granny's house.
It is about 5 miles off of I-40 but well worth it and you just might be sitting next to Vince Gill or the McGraw's. It is a favorite of the country music set.
Have a great trip.
That is an excellent recommendation. Their breakfast food...:drool:

That is an excellent recommendation. Their breakfast food...:drool:

They also have a small motel to stay in and wake up starving for that sawmill gravy and buttermilks
NVM...I am on my way there!

Stop here in Memphis at Texas de Brazil it's at 150 Peabody Place, #103. Also, you might wanna try Interstate BBQ at 2265 S. third Street.

VN Store

Back