Josh Dobbs (merged)

So I'm guessing you're gonna ignore the fact Tennessee has one of the worst offenses in the nations and statistically the worse offense in the SEC last year?

So I'm guessing you're going to ignore the fact in '08 TN had the nation's #3 defense in spite of having the nation's #116 offense?

Was Butch Jones the head coach?

If not, then please stop trying to compare his ineptitude to other people.

Butch Jones was bad, but he's also won 10 games at other places.

I remember telling you how bad he was. You're using him as a crutch to why Tennessee didn't win the national title. That crutch rationalized why you're wrong. You'll be saying the same about Mike Tomlin soon enough.

Last edited:
Was Butch Jones the head coach?

If not, then please stop trying to compare his ineptitude to other people.

Read what I quoted, really good defenses can still be good despite the offense. There's ample proof of this being true.

And what about you dropping names that you had rated as talents that would lead our defense to such heights?

The highest regarded player we sent to the league this year was Rashaan Gaulden who was drafted #21 in the 3rd round. As for the rest:

Kahlil McKenzie - 6th Rnd, KC already switching to OG
Kendal Vickers - undrafted
Justin Martin - undrafted
Emmanuel Mosely - undrafted

You were ALWAYS deluding yourself this was going to be an elite defense.

Reactions: KBVol
Uh, no. We had a great pass defense on paper but only because we couldn't stop the run.

He was referring to the '08 team, which was very solid against the run and pass.

You are right about last year's squad: they had deceptive pass defense numbers because no one had any reason to throw the ball.

Last edited:
Sports is a marathon not a sprint. If I said after their rookie year that Kirk Cousins would be a starting QB in the NFL longer than RG3, most would have said that was crazy. Now we see that its what happened.

I would still take Kevin Hogan over Jared Goff any day of the week. Very soon the smoke and mirrors that made Goff look good last year will come apart. And he'll be exposed for the scrub he is. And very soon Kevin Hogan will get his shot and prove to be a competent starting QB. And at the conclusion of their careers, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE will agree that Kevin Hogan was the better NFL player.

I'm here to win the marathon, not the sprint.

Marathon winners never use the strategy of camping out at the starting line. Cousins represented when opportunity presented...Hogan nose planted in both (QB friendly) KC and (QB starved) Cleveland. Talent shows itself. Goff showed way more in his rookie year...of course Hogan is pure bottom trash even in Cleveland. 4000 yards isn’t smoke and mirrors you goofy ****...they’re verifiable stats. :lol: Hogan being on a roster is the only string that separates him from another fail on your Hall of Shame roster...Kelvin Taylor.

Sports is a marathon not a sprint. If I said after their rookie year that Kirk Cousins would be a starting QB in the NFL longer than RG3, most would have said that was crazy. Now we see that its what happened.

I would still take Kevin Hogan over Jared Goff any day of the week. Very soon the smoke and mirrors that made Goff look good last year will come apart. And he'll be exposed for the scrub he is. And very soon Kevin Hogan will get his shot and prove to be a competent starting QB. And at the conclusion of their careers, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE will agree that Kevin Hogan was the better NFL player.

I'm here to win the marathon, not the sprint.

I never predicted RGIII to have some huge NFL success. The guy is a tremendous athlete but at QB, you're going to get beat up pretty good running the ball and he wasn't big enough to endure hits over and over. Plus, arm talent wasn't spectacular by any stretch. He won a lot of games off athleticism at Baylor which is fine in college but you have to be a freaking rock to do that in the league and have upper level arm talent. He did not.

As for Hogan/Goff .. no one in their right mind feels that Hogan has anywhere near the same arm talent that Goff does. Hogan needs to keep his hands clipboard ready because he will never be more than a spot start option. Goff on the other hand will continue to be a good to great starting QB.

Reactions: KBVol and butchna
Are you about to argue that Alvin Kamara is a fluke?

There's a difference between calling your HoF prediction ridiculous (which it is after just part way through a rookie year) and calling the kid a fluke. At Norcross, AK was lights out and when he chose Bama, many in Georgia wondered about the log jam at RB (I believe they had about 5 RBs on scholarship at that point with 2 being in Alvin's class). When it fell apart there for him, yes, a lot of UGA fans wanted him there but others didn't because they wanted to see Alvin get carries to show off. At that point, UGA had Gurley and Marshall as juniors and Chubb and Michel as freshman so carries would be split A LOT.

Some of the less selfish liked him going to UT just to see what he could do and for his sake, it should have been a great fit. Well, coach wasn't too sharp in that regard and he very seldom got the heavy workload. Point is, a RB needs carries. AKs 140+ last year isn't going to light up the world because to do what he did over and over again, he needs a similar offense to use him in the passing game and a QB that can spread the ball around. Peyton may not be there much longer and Brees DEFINITELY won't be there much longer.

Are you seriously going to compare Nick Saban to Butch Jones?

Tennessee's program had an anvil around their neck by the name of Butch Jones. Just watch what Jeremy Pruitt does with the same roster.

I have a feeling people will truly understand how bad Butch Jones was when they see Jeremy Pruitt taking this team to the SEC Championship Game in Year 1.

Bets? I mean, can you let the guy have one damn game as a HC? This is why people rag you so hard is because of these over the top, outlandish predictions. If UT wins 6 games, is that not an improvement from last year? It is so go with it and stop trying to make the team out to be a group of Peyton Manning's, Jamal Lewis', Peerless Price's, Reggie White's, Jason Whitten's and Dale Carter's all led by Johnny Freaking Majors. This will be a work in progress for UT and from an outside looking in view point, they have an uphill climb based on what's on the roster now. If it was already so talented, Pruitt wouldn't have been bringing in so many grad transfers in one season.

Reactions: 1 person
Bets? I mean, can you let the guy have one damn game as a HC? This is why people rag you so hard is because of these over the top, outlandish predictions. If UT wins 6 games, is that not an improvement from last year? It is so go with it and stop trying to make the team out to be a group of Peyton Manning's, Jamal Lewis', Peerless Price's, Reggie White's, Jason Whitten's and Dale Carter's all led by Johnny Freaking Majors. This will be a work in progress for UT and from an outside looking in view point, they have an uphill climb based on what's on the roster now. If it was already so talented, Pruitt wouldn't have been bringing in so many grad transfers in one season.

That and he doesn't have the stones to actually put up against them. He's so sure he's right and yet claims he doesn't want to take anyone's money.

Sure...that's it...it can't be that it's easy to just make outlandish predictions each year and brag how right you are and then immediately make excuses and ignore all criticism the next year, then rinse and repeat when you put no skin in the game.

If he actually put up and then lost as we all know he will, we'd never see him again; that or he'd switch to only posting as Nationdom.

And even more help from UGA's secondary.

OUCH! Yeah, Malkolm was being abused all game and on the final play, he didn't get any over the top help from Sanders.

I think what most of us look at regarding the officiating is the fact that while screwing up the offsides call on Simmons, the same guy jacks up the call on an obvious false start on Harris on Tua's game tying TD. The facemask hurt, the tackle on Roquan on another TD hurt but those two just stood out more than the others.

Butch Jones never won anything of significance before coming to Tennessee. He's now working as an intern at Alabama because everyone knows what a joke he is.

Mike Tomlin is a Super Bowl winning coach who has also been to a second Super Bowl.

It's disrespectful that you guys keep comparing him to Butch Jones. Black football coaches with Tomlin's resume deserve more respect.

Screw dis black/white shiz... he's either a good coach or he's not. I don't GAF what his, or yours, or Jonez, or anyones damn skin color is.

D4H wasnt watching in 08. He started watching in 2014.

Doesn't matter what he was/wasn't watching. His contention was that his (predicted) monster defense was undone by a poor offense. It's true a poor offense does a defense no favors but a truly good defense still looks like a good defense regardless. The '08 TN reference was just an example close to home. It's not remotely the only one.

VN Store

Back