The Thread Where We Debate About Healthcare in America

Until the government controls our diets, fat people will continue to be fat.
Ummm no. What if the government controls access to care related to that health condition? When we get to single payer that is exactly what they can and should do. And you better believe I completely understand what a slippery slope that is.

You wanna be fat? You don't get diabetes treatments on the .gov. Smoke? Better worry about your own lungs. Drink? Liver transplants off the table... etc etc etc...

Reactions: 1 person
I think we should treat a lot of things in this country like we did with smoking. that's probably the only successful anti-something campaign our government has run. and it didn't involve making something illegal, or forcing people to pay into something.

Smoking involved both those things. Smoking was made illegal on airplanes, public transport, offices, restaurants, etc. There’s even parks now where you can’t smoke.

And the taxes on cigarettes have gone through the roof in the last 20 years.

I think it’s good less people smoke but you have to think the rules that have made it so onerous and expensive to do so have played a part.

Smoking involved both those things. Smoking was made illegal on airplanes, public transport, offices, restaurants, etc. There’s even parks now where you can’t smoke.

I think it’s good less people smoke but you have to think the rules that have made it so onerous and expensive to do so have played a part.

but its not illegal in and of it self. you don't get drug tested for it.

and people who don't smoke aren't forced to pay for the smokers habits.

so its still a personal responsibility item.

but its not illegal in and of it self. you don't get drug tested for it.

and people who don't smoke aren't forced to pay for the smokers habits.

so its still a personal responsibility item.

Lots of places do test for nicotine now. If it comes back positive they won’t hire you.

Without surcharges for tobacco the non smokers are certainly paying for the smokers. Just like the guy that runs 3 miles a day pays for the chronic medication his 400lb coworker needs.

didn't know where to put this, and didn't think it was worth its own thread. kinda fits in here.

Norway has been taking kids away from parents they don't think raise their children right. why give the government power over you and yours?
Norway’s hidden scandal - BBC News

didn't know where to put this, and didn't think it was worth its own thread. kinda fits in here.

Norway has been taking kids away from parents they don't think raise their children right. why give the government power over you and yours?
Norway’s hidden scandal - BBC News

So, we can expect a wave of liberals to go to Norway to protest separating families?

(how am I the first to bring this up?)

So, we can expect a wave of liberals to go to Norway to protest separating families?

(how am I the first to bring this up?)
hopefully. Governments shouldn't be trusted to make decisions regarding our personal lives.

Surprising poll results coming from FoxNews

Universal healthcare was the end game with the Obamacare installation. Even though changes to the healthcare industry do need to take place, look no further than the VA system to see just how screwed we are if it comes to that. You believe there is a shortage of physicians now? Just wait.

Smoking involved both those things. Smoking was made illegal on airplanes, public transport, offices, restaurants, etc. Theres even parks now where you cant smoke.

I think its good less people smoke but you have to think the rules that have made it so onerous and expensive to do so have played a part.
HUD enacted a new rule, as of August 1, 2018, in which people in public housing cannot smoke in their apartments, common areas, or within 25 feet of buildings. I saw an article in our local paper yesterday that said they have had 16 vacancies since then, and all were due to the new smoking policy. According to the manager, the local authority loses its funding if they don't comply with the Feds.

Surprising poll results coming from FoxNews

Everybody wants free stuff. I wonder if they realize that Medicare is taken out of one's Social Security check, and it is limited in what it pays. Most of us carry a supplemental policy in addition to Medicare. It's not free to older folks.

That will be the straw that broke the camels back. Implement that rubbish, economic collapse will soon follow.
Yep. I was against the stupid Bush prescription drug plan. I have to pay $60.60 for that every month, even though I don't have prescriptions. A small part of that is a penalty every month because I didn't sign up for it when I became 65.

We are so f’d with universal healthcare.

We'll see a lot of elderly passing away once single payer system is in place. It will be wonderful at first but the Gov will see how money it will cost, they raise taxes 1st, then control treatments to save money.

We'll see a lot of elderly passing away once single payer system is in place. It will be wonderful at first but the Gov will see how money it will cost, they raise taxes 1st, then control treatments to save money.

Thinning the herd.

VN Store

Back