Jalen Hurd on Baylor and leaving Tennessee...

This. To me, it looked like Jalen was born to be a power back in an I formation...three steps behind the QB and taking the handout with a head of steam before crashing into the LOS. It made no sense to me at all to have him standing next to the QB and taking the handout with no running start and no lead blocker. Jones tried to force a square peg into a round hole...and, still, this guy would have walked away with the Tennessee rushing record.

How he left and the timing of it all...we will never know how this was handled. He knows it doesn't look good.

I wish this Tennessee kid the best. Hope he becomes the player he's working to be.

So we were giving handouts in the backfield? And here I thought we were playing football. Wonder what we were handing out?

It was an ankle and toe. Ankle was brought on by toe I think. I was wrong. But to compare a college back to a unique rib like George is insane. Average height is way shorter now and always has been.

I am not posting a video. I don’t even have one. I never said hey let’s shoot a video to let volnatiin know you are hurt. Sheesh.

So you think the article was BS then? I mean the article stated that he is a prototypical RB.

You can talk about SC all you want. He quit when IBJ jumped his ass for fumbling in the GA game. It was obvious from day 1 that he wasn't the same back that ran in the bowl game. You may be correct that he was hurting, but I don't believe for a second that he did anything full speed in 2016.

If you go back and look at the replays, he told IBJ to **** off or something similar walking off the field. His problem was desire, not talent, not size, simple desire. This year will be interesting.

So you think the article was BS then? I mean the article stated that he is a prototypical RB.

You can talk about SC all you want. He quit when IBJ jumped his ass for fumbling in the GA game. It was obvious from day 1 that he wasn't the same back that ran in the bowl game. You may be correct that he was hurting, but I don't believe for a second that he did anything full speed in 2016.

If you go back and look at the replays, he told IBJ to **** off or something similar walking off the field. His problem was desire, not talent, not size, simple desire. This year will be interesting.

He did very little at full speed that year.

I don’t disagree.

Eddie George never had a massive knee injury. Pretty sure he never had even a slight injury.

And when did Hurd ever have an injury that led to him having a “hard time walking”? Would appreciate an article or video to prove it.

George never had an injury until the pros. I remember him being on crutches when I met him in 2001.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C8mWXuQS1o[/youtube]

So this guy makes a case for Jalen's pursuit of the position change and I have to admit that while I was upset with Jalen, I'm starting to see where Jalen was coming from and feel for him a little more.

Really thinking about it objectively, I can't hate on Jalen because I do believe that he gave it all when he was here, and I imagine it's disappointing to him to be remembered as a guy who gave up.

And a note on the YouTube author, he's actually made quite a few videos that are actually really good. I'd recommend watching the video about the kid who faked his scholarship commitment to Cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I agree with Hurd here and I liked that he didn’t use this as a chance to air dirty laundry. Hurd was a mismatch against LBs and was barely used as a receiver and never had a lead blocker. That whole offense was a joke. There’s 0 run pass option without a mobile QB and he’s not a shifty guy. Defenses were just T’n off in him.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to criticize the kid. Butch had players in unnatural positions all over the field. It is a miracle he wasn't playing cornerback.

So he was a guaranteed middle 1st round pick according to NFL draft analysts as a RB for last year’s draft, then he decides that’s not his true position even though he played it throughout HS and college? Makes no sense to me, but it’s his life.

He decided he didn't want his body to be banged up and done for after a 4-5 year NFL career. I don't care for what he did but it's his life and his decision to make. We were better without him because the staff did a s*** job evaluating talent which was evident when AK was the #1 and should've been the #1 all along. Not sure what all the hate is for (not from you specifically, but in general).

VN Store

Back