The Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Be precise. They are AFRICAN immigrants.

So proud of the brothas for delivering Africa it's first world cup.

I know you're trying to troll, but Africa is 1B people and you're bragging that it took an all-star team of Africans + some badass native-born Frenchmen to deliver "Africa its [sic] first world cup." Greizmann is their best player, for crying out loud.

Reactions: 3 people
I know you're trying to troll, but Africa is 1B people and you're bragging that it took an all-star team of Africans + some badass native-born Frenchmen to deliver "Africa its [sic] first world cup." Greizmann is their best player, for crying out loud.

Well, Griezman is their most marketable player, at least. But, all the African players are more or less from territories that the French conquered and made a part of their country. Anyway, France finally started playing to their potential and showed how good they could be when everybody bought in and played as a team. White and black. Considering Zidane's led WC championship, their runner-up finish 8 years later and 2 years ago in the Euros, with this WC championship, France could almost be on the verge of a dynasty, depending on the next Euros and WC

Reactions: 1 person
Be precise. They are AFRICAN immigrants.

So proud of the brothas for delivering Africa it's first world cup.

France literally had almost just as many black people on its team when they won in 1998 including well cemented black superstar player Henry. Zidane, a first generation Algerian was also part of the squad (and a superstar). Your racist ignorance never disappoints.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCat and MAD

The irony is he doesn't realize that Africa winning "its first world cup" could only be realized by living in and receiving soccer training in Western Europe....

edit

And for those who dont know anything about soccer every one of the guys on France who were either immigrants or first gen, and this goes for all other countries, are given the option to either play for the country their parents came from or the one they live in/were born in. These guys all chose Europe over Africa.:whistling:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well, Griezman is their most marketable player, at least. But, all the African players are more or less from territories that the French conquered and made a part of their country. Anyway, France finally started playing to their potential and showed how good they could be when everybody bought in and played as a team. White and black. Considering Zidane's led WC championship, their runner-up finish 8 years later and 2 years ago in the Euros, with this WC championship, France could almost be on the verge of a dynasty, depending on the next Euros and WC

Mbappe will become big, the rest of them not so much. Griezmann is nearing the twilight of his career and Giroud is probably done.

Griezmann led Atletico Madrid to the Euro final in 2017 and FWIW, he's their highest rated player on FIFA 18. Mbappe is mos def the future, tho

Congrats to France and Europe on bringing home the World Cup

Kind of sucks that no African teams even made it out of the group stage. Awful showing.

...and Griezmann is German :)

To be fair, almost all of the African guys were actually born in France. France doesn't have birthright citizenship, but it isn't like they are all guys born overseas.

France somehow flipped a switch in the knockout rounds. They absolutely were not playing like a team that could win it all in the group stage, even though they didn't lose a game.

My favorite player in the whole tournament was probably Lukaku. Dude looks like a running back out there.

A pretty good argument could be made that N’Golo Kante is actually their best player. However, his role is never one that’s going to bag him a lot of goals or headlines.

A pretty good argument could be made that N’Golo Kante is actually their best player. However, his role is never one that’s going to bag him a lot of goals or headlines.

Good point. Pogba is still the man too, but as you're suggesting, the goal scorers get all the glory. France is loaded

Anybody here think that despite their loss to France, Belgium was still the most athletic team in the tourney? I don't think anybody in the tournament, including France or Brazil, matched them purely from an athletic talent perspective.

Anybody here think that despite their loss to France, Belgium was still the most athletic team in the tourney? I don't think anybody in the tournament, including France or Brazil, matched them purely from an athletic talent perspective.

Nah. Belgium played a good match, but France still outshot them by 10. It’s boring soccer, but it works. It worked for Italy in 2006.
Hard to argue that France isn’t athletic with the lineup they’re trotting out there every game. It’s not taking anything away from Belgium to recognize them as the second best team in this tournament.

Hazard is as quick as most come and Lukaku is a freight truck, but I don’t think “athletic” is the right word for Belgium. They are great off the counter more through their attacking scheme and Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne’s ability to pass into open space nearly perfectly. But other than Eden Hazards speed and Lukaku’s strength, I wouldn’t say Belgium is nearly as athletic top to bottom as France.

Pogba is an absolute load. Mbappé is arguably the fastest player in this tournament. Even Griezmann would be the fastest player on Belgium minus Hazard (and mertens I suppose). Varane is one of the quickest Center backs in the world. Not to mention Kanté has the stamina of an Ethiopian marathon runner.

That's pretty rich, even by D4H standards.

If white privilege existed in French team selection, why wasn't 100% of the team white? The vast majority of their players come from a non-French background. Surely they could have fielded a team made up of 100% French white people if racial politics was the primary determinant of the team, no?

You're no different from Le Pen and far-right French political figures who have criticized the FFF for years for selecting teams who "aren't French enough."

Griezmann was man of the match in the final. There is more to soccer than assists and goals. Griezmann commanded at least as much attention as Mbappe did (until maybe later in the tournament) and more than anybody else.

Griezmann was man of the match in the final. There is more to soccer than assists and goals. Griezmann commanded at least as much attention as Mbappe did (until maybe later in the tournament) and more than anybody else.

he doesnt understand it because he doesnt know **** about the game. hes played fifa on xbox and thinks hes a guru.

I don’t feel this is accurate at all. Outside of penalty I don’t remember griezmann. I remember Mbappe making Croatian defenders collapse 4 to his side. I remember Pogba’s goal coming from the fact all but one defender was on Mbappe after he tore around the right side. I remember Mbappe’s goal.

Griezmann did have a free kick that Croatia inexplicably put into their own net.

I don’t feel this is accurate at all. Outside of penalty I don’t remember griezmann. I remember Mbappe making Croatian defenders collapse 4 to his side. I remember Pogba’s goal coming from the fact all but one defender was on Mbappe after he tore around the right side. I remember Mbappe’s goal.

Griezmann did have a free kick that Croatia inexplicably put into their own net.

So Griezmann doesn't get credit for his penalty kick or his free kick that was such a dangerous ball that it went in the net?

I was looking at player grades and Pogba got a 9, so he arguably should have won man of the match, but Griezmann got an 8. Not sure what game you guys are watching. Griezmann was graded an 8 in the last 4 games of the tourney.

I know this isn't entirely fair to look at his contribution this way*, but Giroud didn't put a single shot on frame in 546 minutes.

*he's kinda like an offensive lineman for Pogba, Griezmann, and Mbappe.

VN Store

Back