Tim Tebow AA all star

If you guys don’t like Tebow that’s a you problem..The world would be much better off with more people like him.

I agree, but that doesn't mean I can't get irritated when I see him everywhere :)

It actually is pretty impressive that the guy can take years off from baseball, last having played it in high school, and hit .270 against AA pitching. Some of those guys he's facing on a night in, night out basis are top pitching prospects for Major League teams. I can be more critical and also say that while hitting for a decent average he strikes out a ton, hardly ever walks, and hits for no power.

However, clearly it is a gimmick to sell tickets (he isn't a "prospect"), and he's likely taking a roster spot away from a much younger prospect with more potential.

Reactions: 1 person
Aaron Judge had a whopping .255 batting average, 144 strikeouts and a .330 OBP his second season in the minors in 124 games.

Through 75 games, Tebow is batting .270, an OBP of .337, and 95 strikeouts. Let’s just keep ripping the guy though because haters gotta hate.

The big difference is that Judge was a prospect. He was a 20-year-old kid with potential.

Tebow is 31 and is there because everyone knows who he is and sells tickets. As I said above it actually is impressive that he's hitting .270, although I certainly wouldn't call him a good AA hitter.

Reactions: 2 people
No I didn’t. You are denying the real point though

You did miss the point.

Tebow is already close to the average MLB retirement age.

He isn’t a prospect. He is a spectacle.

Good for him that he can play AA baseball decently after taking 10 years off. But to compare him in any way to Aaron Judge is silly.

Like we all know, Tebow is only out there because of his name, regardless of his ability. That’s due to his age.

Reactions: 3 people
hope he gets called up in Sept so he isnt on the SEC N

He's great on TV as an analyst. And almost every national media people will say that. Your hate is because he's a Florida alum. I get that, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

And can you hit .280 in double A ball? I can't. And 99.99999 of the posters here can't either.

Get over the hate. The guy has natural talents that you and I all of the rest of the posters here only dream of having.

ETA - if Tim Tebow was a Vol, the threads here would be amazing, but he's not so let's hate on world class talent.

Last edited:
He's great on TV as an analyst. And almost every national media people will say that. Your hate is because he's a Florida alum. I get that, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

And can you hit .280 in double A ball? I can't. And 99.99999 of the posters here can't either.

Get over the hate. The guy has natural talents that you and I all of the rest of the posters here only dream of having.

ETA - if Tim Tebow was a Vol, the threads here would be amazing, but he's not so let's hate on world class talent.

I hope he succeeds because a fine human and a man of faith....as a gator I hope he fails miserably

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ax every time he jumps.

Reactions: 2 people
Good for him...he was the enemy at Florida but he seems like a legit good person. Hope he makes to the show, can’t fsilt the guy for pursuing his dreams

really thought his baseball attempt was a stunt.....Proving alot of folks wrong, I am pulling for him despite being a gator

I pull for him because of how he was ostracized, being a gator doesn’t matter. I agree, I’m glad he is proving people wrong.

My
Entire
Team
Sucks

That's why they are the Mets...even their minor league sideshow act gets hurt and can't play.

VN Store

Back