Rush Propst could be coaching in college soon

His mistress (now wife) came to his HS games and sat in the stands not too far from his then-wife, but I don't know where you are getting the cheerleader BS. She was definitely of age.

Wasn’t a mistress, he had two entirely different families, wives, kids, etc. His background check at the University of Alabama for an analyst job is where he was found out, they saw two different addresses and did some checking. He was basically hired by Saban out of Hoover HS before this come up, instead UA hired a different coach from Hoover that year, Jeremy Pruitt.

I'm glad you defend him at any level. Correct response from you should have been. No cheerleader was involved, but yes he did many things wrong and was allowed to bc he won games.

Welcome to the South. Where self proclaimed tolerant people want you fired for personal matters that have nothing to do with them.

Welcome to the South. Where self proclaimed tolerant people want you fired for personal matters that have nothing to do with them.

But check that same conviction at the door before entering a voting booth.

But check that same conviction at the door before entering a voting booth.

I dont vote. You guys got some extra marital affairs not worth mentioning? Hes scum. My opinion doesn't matter either. But this is an anonymous free message board. I can say what I would like without repercussions.

Last edited:
Judgement being passed by some self righteous posters in a football forum, I find it comical. Please continue with the lessons of moral superiority.

Reactions: 1 person
Judgement being passed by some self righteous posters in a football forum, I find it comical. Please continue with the lessons of moral superiority.

I see that stuff where I live. Locals here talk about how high and mighty they are, then they end up having intercourse with their sister or a farm animal.

Anonymous free website. My opinion doesn't matter. Nor should you get so worked up. If you have the right to judge me for judging others then you're no better.

Anonymous free website. My opinion doesn't matter. Nor should you get so worked up. If you have the right to judge me for judging others then you're no better.

You are really confused. I am no where near "worked up" and I did not pass judgement. I never said what you said is good or bad, hell I never even mentioned you. But please continue because I am getting a kick out of this.

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." :hi:

What is there to judge? He did what he did.

Why he did it? We all know the answer to that.

It’s safer to pay someone on the books than under the table.

I think Pruitt would have loved to have hired Rush as a coach, but it'd be hard to sale the "our coaches are great coaches and great family men". I think there's a time and place for everything, and 2-3 years from now, with some success, I could see Pruitt hiring a guy like Rush for some offensive roll. Right now, with everything UT has been through, the timing wasn't great, especially from a PR standpoint. The media would love nothing more than to turn a Rush hire into us accepting adultery, no morals, etc....

Reactions: 2 people
Is this a new rule? I know Mizzou hired Michael Porter Sr as an assistant basketball coach and both sons played for Mizzou last year. Not sure how they skirted this rule.

Is this a new rule? I know Mizzou hired Michael Porter Sr as an assistant basketball coach and both sons played for Mizzou last year. Not sure how they skirted this rule.

Rule as of April 2017 according to the link. It applies specifically to hiring someone for a “non-coaching staff position” or a “strength and conditioning staff position.”

Personal opinion, rules aside, we simply can’t afford Propst and his baggage anywhere on our staff. The negative recruiting and negativity in social media would be endless.

Propst is just upset because he made his bed(s) now he is forced to lie in them.

I'm glad propst cant get a job. Hope he stays at the high school level and those parents are happy he's leading their kids. Heykids, cheat your family and you still have a great life. Good model.

My child would not play for him.

There’d be a small list of coaches you’d let your son play for then

Who cares if he had an affair? I don't go to football coaches for moral advice.

My bad on the "cheerleader" mention. I must have gotten confused with the numerous other coaching misdeeds. I knew it was something strange and not just your standard "affair" thou.

OTOH, with the political climate currently on college campuses and at UT specifically, I doubt Pruitt will be able to be allowed to hire the guy. And if you do hire him and he messes up, there will be political hell to pay. There's more proven recruiters and coaches Tennessee should commit money to IMO.

My bad on the "cheerleader" mention. I must have gotten confused with the numerous other coaching misdeeds. I knew it was something strange and not just your standard "affair" thou.

OTOH, with the political climate currently on college campuses and at UT specifically, I doubt Pruitt will be able to be allowed to hire the guy. And if you do hire him and he messes up, there will be political hell to pay. There's more proven recruiters and coaches Tennessee should commit money to IMO.

Propst didn't sexually assault anyone. The university would just write a tight contract. Bobby Petrino is still coaching in the power 5 despite his affair.
We are worried about so many small things with recruiting that doesn't really effect it.

VN Store

Back