The official "Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum" Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stokes had a decent game. Went 4-4. I really think he should get a solid shot this year with someone.

Fellas, hello. Wow. What a hilarious whirlwind the past 30 days have been. Strap in for the funniest month-long summary of your lives. Before we get into it, I know a lot of you all are calling for me to take an L, and I'll address that, I promise--however show me another poster who can take a 30 day absence and still provide this level of material... You can't.

So I guess I will start at the beginning: June 2nd, 2018. I had just opened up a HUGE can of worms in the stagnant and motionless "RPotBT" Thread III the night before by telling Fleece that I'd take Kobe over LeBron, which spawned no less than 8 pages of arguments. I began getting fed up when a certain mod began constantly calling Kobe a rapist. Nobody stood up to the guy and I felt compelled to make a stand. In hindsight 30 days is a long time. But I’d be lying if I said that the following 4+ weeks didn’t provide me with immense entertainment.

^^The post that started it all.

IMMEDIATELY beta Fleece took the opportunity to throw shade. Same guy who wanted to add me on linkedin and was asking for my email address just weeks before. Interesting take, bud. Hold up because I’m not done with you just yet.

It was apparent very early in my hiatus that Ziti was on the cusp of a legendary summer. Keeping me updated on D4H during my absence was a huge power move. It was clear very early that Fleece (even his name is soft) and Big Z were on totally different trajectories, sad.

Also—shouts out to my boys VSF and Vekzy for the love while I was on vacation.

Despite all of the love it really bothered me how petty Fleece was being. At this point even starting rumors. Go through my entire catalog, anyone, I challenge you. I have never taken a leave like this, yet here is a guy who 2 weeks earlier was borderline desperate to be my friend off of volnation playing the role of gossip girl. Again, sad.

I loved the way Yankee used his off-season. He couldn’t make official game threads so he turned the focus to watching for my activity and keeping others informed. I have said it before and I will say it again: When it comes to keeping everyone in the know, there is nobody better than Yank. Total pro’s pro.

I also enjoyed the speculation. Had a boring poster (such as, I don’t know…Flee…ehh…NVM) taken a month off nobody would have noticed. Indy takes a month off and the speculation flies.

Which brings me to my next point—the NDVol2 account was not an attempt at trolling as much as it was an attempt to provide my friends with some entertainment in my absence. And it looked like it worked, so (again) kudos to me. NDVol2…? Who doesn’t find that hilarious.

Also I finally got BTO to address my existence, so I can cross that off the bucket list as well.

I guess what I am saying is: how many posters can make 2 posts from a completely different account and be UNIVERSALLY recognized based on their dialect alone? I don’t think anyone (well, except for me).

So yeah, no L’s here. Only LOL’s.

So thanks to Vekzy and a few of the others who understood the joke.

As my self-imposed suspension moved onward Ziti continued to re-write the record books. Despite a page or two of deleted posts he even got Freak to publicly engage in argumentative behavior. Shouts out to Ziti for trolling the king, which is something very few have done.

Also shouts out to Freak for handling himself in a classy manner as always, even though he’s been giving me the cold shoulder. (more on that later)

Which brings me to the past day or two. My friend Ed voiced concern in regards to my absence when our resident hater, Fleece took yet another opportunity to hate on someone else in attempt to make himself look cool. Middle school approach at best, but hey, if I wasn’t Indy I’d probably hate me too, big guy.

In conclusion, its great to be back. Thanks again for all of the love.

I’m ready to mix it up!!!
Hey I gotta have u for LMU support. The word that jumped out at me in that post was "spawned". Yep, Spawn is s good nickname for you. 😁
Did you catch Emanuel Terry in his NBA summer league debut against the T Wolves Friday night? He got the start and brought the crowd to its feet with 3 monster jams and played solid defense plus set physical picks and went to the floor after loose balls
Really proud of the kid.
His team won by 1 after a good comeback by Minnesota. The T Wolves last basket was a goal tend by E-man.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey I gotta have u for LMU support. The word that jumped out at me in that post was "spawned". Yep, Spawn is s good nickname for you. 😁
Did you catch Emanuel Terry in his NBA summer league debut against the T Wolves Friday night? He got the start and brought the crowd to its feet with 3 monster jams and played solid defense plus set physical picks and went to the floor after loose balls
Really proud of the kid.
His team won by 1 after a good comeback by Minnesota. The T Wolves last basket was a goal tend by E-man.

Very cool Ed. Happy to hear that one of your LMU boys is getting a look in the summer league, I remember you telling us about Eman during the season.

Is McRae playing in the summer league. I'm honestly more shocked that he hasn't made a team. He's currently playing in Spain isn't he?

E-Man got 8 pts and 4 rebounds in 14 min. Tonight against the Raptors. The Nuggets seemed to be giving big man Welsh a chance.
Nuggets head coach praised Terry during an in game interview.
Raptors shot lights out
from 3 in their first SL win
Really proud of this kid and hoping he latches on.

ThickGiftedAmethystinepython-max-1mb.gif

Ziti Watch Day 20.

I really hope everything is okay in real life. God forbid something ever happened to one of us we’d never know.

My personal theory is that BTO wore him down for 10 days in the Mann thread and then he ran a little bit hot and got into it with Freak shortly thereafter, and decided he was done with this place for awhile.

BTO did the same with Dallas in that same thread yesterday. I get that he only uses facts and I think it’s hilarious how he’s able to cause these epic meltdowns, but Ziti and Dal are my boys. I wish he’d choose a different target sometimes.

Obviously I’m all for Beet slaying posters left and right, but when he ruthlessly tears down other guys from the “regulars” crew the place gets weird for several days.

The fallout has already taken place if you look around. Fleece, Bat, Stoked, The Dog, Chris4Vols22, CNChris—none of those guys have been around lately. And I don’t blame them, either.

BTO has been like a shark in the water that smells blood in recent weeks.

I really hope everything is okay in real life. God forbid something ever happened to one of us we’d never know.

My personal theory is that BTO wore him down for 10 days in the Mann thread and then he ran a little bit hot and got into it with Freak shortly thereafter, and decided he was done with this place for awhile.

BTO did the same with Dallas in that same thread yesterday. I get that he only uses facts and I think it’s hilarious how he’s able to cause these epic meltdowns, but Ziti and Dal are my boys. I wish he’d choose a different target sometimes.

Obviously I’m all for Beet slaying posters left and right, but when he ruthlessly tears down other guys from the “regulars” crew the place gets weird for several days.

The fallout has already taken place if you look around. Fleece, Bat, Stoked, The Dog, Chris4Vols22, CNChris—none of those guys have been around lately. And I don’t blame them, either.

BTO has been like a shark in the water that smells blood in recent weeks.

Still lurking. The forum has been much more tolerable lately IMO. I'm just hella busy nowadays. Can't wait for bball season to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back