Josh Dobbs (merged)

AB was just being nice. There's a difference when Lesean McCoy says what he says and when AB said what he said.

Nonetheless, what Mason Rudolph is or will become is IRRELEVANT. Just as Drew Bledsoe became irrelevant when Tom Brady started to play.

Once Josh Dobbs gets on the field this year, it'll be a wrap for all the other QBs on the Steelers roster. He's gonna run away with the job. Expect Big Ben to get traded next off-season.

Lol. Of course you would say that. Anything to fit your narrative.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    93.6 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 person
If I remember correctly, the article you posted was talking about the Steelers drafting Rudolph in the 1st round. I said no chance they take a QB in round 1. And then I cited this article that cites Bob Labriola saying that the Steelers were not gonna draft a QB in Round 1 or 2. Steelers won't use a first or second round pick on a quarterback

And guess what? That's exactly what happened. Steelers didn't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. What happened that no one expected was Rudolph fell to the 3rd round. At that point the Steelers drafted him because they felt he was good value. If Rudolph had gone in the first 2 rounds like every mock draft had him before draft day, then the Steelers would have never had a chance to draft him.

And for the record, Bob Labriola is not just a random blogger. He's probably the most respected beat writer covering the Steelers. His sources are good. And as you can see, he was proven right as the Steelers didn't use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB.

He’s a hack! No surprise that you’re a fan. :lol: And you didn’t highlight the first or second round aspect. You took it as proof that they wouldn’t draft a quarterback...and as usual you were WRONG! :yu:

AB was just being nice. There's a difference when Lesean McCoy says what he says and when AB said what he said.

Nonetheless, what Mason Rudolph is or will become is IRRELEVANT. Just as Drew Bledsoe became irrelevant when Tom Brady started to play.

Once Josh Dobbs gets on the field this year, it'll be a wrap for all the other QBs on the Steelers roster. He's gonna run away with the job. Expect Big Ben to get traded next off-season.

Lol.....I’ll take that as admission of trolling.

No team will take that aging oaf in a trade, unless its for a couple future late round draft picks ---

Roethlisberger has only played in all 16 games in the regular season, 3 times in his 14 year career. The Steelers are not going to cut Jones unless Dobbs shows that he can start and win a game; he didn't in last years pre-season. He'll have to prove that he can be a viable backup starter if he's going to keep a roster spot.

Roethlisberger has only played in all 16 games in the regular season, 3 times in his 14 year career. The Steelers are not going to cut Jones unless Dobbs shows that he can start and win a game; he didn't in last years pre-season. He'll have to prove that he can be a viable backup starter if he's going to keep a roster spot.

This is one of the limitations of the average human. They can't look past what they last saw. So because Dobbs wasn't lights out as a rookie in the preseason, then that means he's done for this year? Do you remember Dobbs as a true freshmen? How differently did he look and play the following season?

Players improve. Especially from Year 1 to Year 2. This is what separates me from ya'll. I can project into the future. I'm not stuck to the past. Its how I was the only one that projected Alvin's success in the NFL last year. I wasn't married to what he did playing for Butch Jones. I knew going to the NFL he would get far better coaching and offensive line play. And it would be those changes that would allow his natural skills to flourish.

Similarly, I'm able to project the success that is coming for Josh Dobbs because I'm not stuck in the past of what happened last year in the preseason but rather I'm looking forward to the monumental improvements he's gonna make this year. Just watch as he becomes the talk of the NFL during the preseason with his stellar play.

We are witnessing the start of a LEGENDARY career this fall. Get ready to enjoy it.

Similarly, I'm able to project the success that is coming for Josh Dobbs because I'm not stuck in the past of what happened last year in the preseason but rather I'm looking forward to the monumental improvements he's gonna make this year. Just watch as he becomes the talk of the NFL during the preseason with his stellar play.

We are witnessing the start of a LEGENDARY career this fall. Get ready to enjoy it.

Does Mel Brooks know about you, this is great comedy! :clapping:

This is one of the limitations of the average human. They can't look past what they last saw. So because Dobbs wasn't lights out as a rookie in the preseason, then that means he's done for this year? Do you remember Dobbs as a true freshmen? How differently did he look and play the following season?

Players improve. Especially from Year 1 to Year 2. This is what separates me from ya'll. I can project into the future. I'm not stuck to the past. Its how I was the only one that projected Alvin's success in the NFL last year. I wasn't married to what he did playing for Butch Jones. I knew going to the NFL he would get far better coaching and offensive line play. And it would be those changes that would allow his natural skills to flourish.

Joey Bosa called...

joeybosa.png

Said you were either a liar, disingenuous, or both, and that you definitely do not have a preternatural ability to see NFL talent in college players.

That being said, will Dobbs improve, probably. He's not the type of person to sit on his laurels. However being better at practice is not going to be enough to keep a spot as he has to show that he can backup Roethlisberger if they are going to cut Jones. Dobbs got zero playing in the 2017 regular season, so his only chance to show game-day improvement, is going to be the 2018 pre-season, and if he doesn't show a sea change of improvement, the Steelers are not going to risk keeping him over Jones.

Reactions: 2 people
That being said, will Dobbs improve, probably. He's not the type of person to sit on his laurels. However being better at practice is not going to be enough to keep a spot as he has to show that he can backup Roethlisberger if they are going to cut Jones. Dobbs got zero playing in the 2017 regular season, so his only chance to show game-day improvement, is going to be the 2018 pre-season, and if he doesn't show a sea change of improvement, the Steelers are not going to risk keeping him over Jones.

Stop talking to me about Landry Jones. That guy is hot trash. Its unbelievable how ya'll have made him out to be some great backup QB this summer. Last year most of ya'll were saying Dobbs would easily pass him up.

I'm not concerned about Josh Dobbs outplaying Landry Jones. THAT IS A GIVEN. I'm concerned about whether Josh Dobbs will be the NFL MVP this upcoming season. That is my concern. That is what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Stop bothering me with such silly stuff. Josh Dobbs is one of the most talented athletes to ever step foot in the NFL. Landry Jones is a below average backup. This won't even be a competition this year. Josh Dobbs will easily outplay him in every preseason game.

Never forget that, according to D4H, Josh Dobbs was supposed to take over for Big Ben LAST year and win the Super Bowl LAST year while winning Super Bowl MVP LAST year

When it doesn’t happen this year, he’ll simply kick the can down the road again and project it’ll happen next year. We’ll be hearing the same thing next offseason.

Stop talking to me about Landry Jones. That guy is hot trash. Its unbelievable how ya'll have made him out to be some great backup QB this summer. Last year most of ya'll were saying Dobbs would easily pass him up.

I'm not concerned about Josh Dobbs outplaying Landry Jones. THAT IS A GIVEN. I'm concerned about whether Josh Dobbs will be the NFL MVP this upcoming season. That is my concern. That is what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Stop bothering me with such silly stuff. Josh Dobbs is one of the most talented athletes to ever step foot in the NFL. Landry Jones is a below average backup. This won't even be a competition this year. Josh Dobbs will easily outplay him in every preseason game.

So, let me get this straight, Landry Jones is hot trash, and Josh Dobbs is an NFL-Legend-In-Waiting, but can't seem to surpass him for the backup QB spot?

Makes complete sense.:crazy:

Not sure why one would “concerned” if what they’ve declared is a virtual certainty. :)

LOL at thinking the Steelers would go with Dobbs into playoffs over Ben they have 2 of the 5 or 6 best players in the league in Bell and Brown and 3 time super bowl qb 2 time winner

You wanna trust in a rookie over a guy who has big bens postseason exp F*** no!!!

Fact is as important as Brown and Bell are Ben is far more important to a super bowl run then either of those 2

D4h shoulda make a “Weekly Dobbs update thread” lol since he’s so convinced it would be important documentation of the Dobbs Prophecy u speak of

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight, Landry Jones is hot trash, and Josh Dobbs is an NFL-Legend-In-Waiting, but can't seem to surpass him for the backup QB spot?

Makes complete sense.:crazy:

He was just as a rookie last year. This is year 2. This is when the greats make their leap to superstardom. See Tom Brady..

You guys will see soon enough what I've seen in Dobbs since the first time I saw him play in 2014.

LOL at thinking the Steelers would go with Dobbs into playoffs over Ben they have 2 of the 5 or 6 best players in the league in Bell and Brown and 3 time super bowl qb 2 time winner

You wanna trust in a rookie over a guy who has big bens postseason exp F*** no!!!

Fact is as important as Brown and Bell are Ben is far more important to a super bowl run then either of those 2

D4h shoulda make a “Weekly Dobbs update thread” lol since he’s so convinced it would be important documentation of the Dobbs Prophecy u speak of

Big Ben nor Le'Veon will be major factors for the Steelers this season.

Josh Dobbs and James Conner will lead them to the Super Bowl.

He was just as a rookie last year. This is year 2. This is when the greats make their leap to superstardom. See Tom Brady..

You guys will see soon enough what I've seen in Dobbs since the first time I saw him play in 2014.

Except Tom Brady secured the backup spot his rookie season, and wasn't going into his second year struggling to beat hot trash to secure the 3rd QB spot.

Except Tom Brady secured the backup spot his rookie season, and wasn't going into his second year struggling to beat hot trash to secure the 3rd QB spot.

The Patriots had Drew Bledsoe. A young franchise QB with no history of injuries. Its like asking who is the backup to Matthew Stafford right now. No one cared.

Only reason Dobbs has competition is because of Big Ben's age and injury concerns. If you notice, teams with young QBs that are durable aren't exactly drafting QBs every year.

Your mistake is you are taking the Steelers actions as proof of what is going to happen. Remember just last year the NFL let Alvin Kamara fall to the 3rd round while I was telling you guys before the draft he was one of the 5 best players in the entire draft. I was right. The 30 NFL teams that let him fall of the 3rd round were wrong.

I'm gonna be right about Josh Dobbs as well. And then the Pittsburgh Steelers will look like idiots for not playing him all a long or for wasting a 3rd round pick on another QB when they had Dobbs all along.

Never forget that, according to D4H, Josh Dobbs was supposed to take over for Big Ben LAST year and win the Super Bowl LAST year while winning Super Bowl MVP LAST year

When it doesn’t happen this year, he’ll simply kick the can down the road again and project it’ll happen next year. We’ll be hearing the same thing next offseason.

I've noted many times how nobody spends more time claiming to be right in the future while being wrong in the present than D4H. He gives David Meade's credibility a run for the money.

The Patriots had Drew Bledsoe. A young franchise QB with no history of injuries. Its like asking who is the backup to Matthew Stafford right now. No one cared.

Only reason Dobbs has competition is because of Big Ben's age and injury concerns. If you notice, teams with young QBs that are durable aren't exactly drafting QBs every year.

Your mistake is you are taking the Steelers actions as proof of what is going to happen. Remember just last year the NFL let Alvin Kamara fall to the 3rd round while I was telling you guys before the draft he was one of the 5 best players in the entire draft. I was right. The 30 NFL teams that let him fall of the 3rd round were wrong.

I'm gonna be right about Josh Dobbs as well. And then the Pittsburgh Steelers will look like idiots for not playing him all a long or for wasting a 3rd round pick on another QB when they had Dobbs all along.

Wrong about Bledsoe. In the 7 years prior to Brady coming on board Bledsoe had only managed to play all 16 games in 4 of those seasons, there was always a chance that Brady would have to play, even in his rookie season.

Dobs has competition because the Steelers didn't have enough faith in him, to not draft a QB in the third round of the draft, because he couldn't beat out hot trash to take the backup position.

As far as Dobbs and Kamara go, there's no transitive property there, regardless of how much you want there to be. Kamara exhibited NFL RB potential while at UT, and unfortunately Dobbs has never had NFL-caliber throwing skills.

Last edited:
Wrong about Bledsoe. In the 7 years prior to Brady coming on board Bledsoe had only managed to play all 16 games in 4 of those seasons, there was always a chance that Brady would have to play, even in his rookie season.

Dobs has competition because the Steelers didn't have enough faith in him, to not draft a QB in the third round of the draft, because he couldn't beat out hot trash to take the backup position.

As far as Dobbs and Kamara go, there's no transitive property there, regardless of how much you want there to be. Kamara exhibited NFL RB potential while at UT, and unfortunately Dobbs has never had NFL-caliber throwing skills.

Kamara was drafted in the 3rd round of the draft. Dobbs went in the 4th round. That's not a big difference in terms of how the NFL viewed them as prospects coming into the NFL.

I was the only person anywhere that had Alvin rated above Leonard Fournette as the top RB in the 2017 draft. Nobody but me said he would be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. So please stop with this lie that everyone saw it coming with Alvin.

I was the only person ANYWHERE who saw Alvin Kamara being the player he turned out to be in the NFL. The only one.

VN Store

Back