The Firestorm thread. Undeniably the greatest

You guys are missing amazing adventures by Firestorm on facebook. I'm actually kinda jealous, Alaska, now chicago. He's had a fun summer, happy for him.

Firestorm, i thought of some new video ideas for you. Similar to your baseball video, you should do one where you throw, punt, and kick a football. Also one showing off some basketball skills.

Basketball isn't a sport I'm great at.
Spin a basketball, pass, dribble are all in the decent area.
I know a area for the Football, and easy to obtain a football for the Football video.

After a long delay because me simply being lazy after the reset I have returned to this thread and VolNation, and the exciting adventure series has become a active 1 for the last several videos with moving animals.

See a Raven in the Vancouver airport that did make noise, and fly.

And he went zip lining today!

It's similar to what Batman used in the rescue scene in the Tim Burton Batman movie when he rescued Vicki Vale in the museum scene even though his device had no safety equipment since he had to hang on to the device or he would fall.

Here is that scene from a famous wonderful successful blockbuster Batman movie.

If you want something fast, off the ground, exciting and still safe and close to flying like Superman that isn't gliding this is something else you could use it's a terrific activity.
I would say Jet Boots or a Rocket Pack if you want the feeling of flying like Superman except those excellent devices still haven't been created in the real world. If someone does and it's high quality the person should win Invention of the Decade, a Noble Prize and other excellent awards.

Reactions: joevol33
Book: The Moneky's Raincoat
9/10
It is a wonderful 1st book in this successful Los Angeles PI series The Elvis Cole PI Series.
From start to the end a entertaining wonderful exciting PI Mystery book with believable 3 dimensional characters and likable flawed good characters which is mostly the style of Marvel characters for both heroes and villains.

He quotes Jiminy Cricket and carries a .38. He's a literate, wisecracking Vietnam vet who is determined never to grow up that is a summary of Elvis Cole the main character and he does have wisecracks along with the other traits.
Praised as a Dazzling First Novel along with it's a winner, and that famous Mystery Author Robert B Parker has some competition on his hands and they aren't wrong also gives you great reasons to read the 2nd book which I have.

It has a simple straight forward plot Elvis Cole is hired by a woman to find a kidnapped kid and a missing father, and you can find out the why after reading the book. He has a partner Joe Pike to help him, and is set in Los Angeles.
Possibly Robert Crais was inspired by the great gritty action movies 48 Hours, Cellular, Red Heat, and Lethal Weapon because it does have that similar style.

The Issues or flaws which aren't much that I have are Joe Pike a badass and other main Character that is Elvis's Partner for the Private Investigator Company isn't shown much in action.
He freakin easily killed a Bad Guy using a knife and that didn't intimidate a other guy to reveal information where is the kid with all he knows, and not to lie otherwise he would be killed the same vicious violent way.
Also Elvis apologizes to a kid which I don't understand why because I don't recall reading what wrong action he used that he would have to apologize to a kid.

From start to the end a great book with flawed believable 3 dimensional characters including Elvis a main character and his Partner Joe Pike, likable good characters and a main Villain with a believable motive for the kidnapping, a cliffhanger ending that likely resumes in book 2 Stalking The Angel, and the whole Elvis gets his PI licence removed in the 2nd book could happen because he disobeyed a lawyer saying he and Joe are off the kidnapping case if he continues the investigation his PI licence will be removed, etc.
This is set in Los Angeles, and does seem similar to the great gritty Action movie 48 Hours.
Elvis does listen to a Lakers game, this is set in Los Angeles.
The 1st 100 pages can be called the build up.
Final 101 pages are terrific with Rated R action, a rescue, memorable lines, a death threat to Elvis by a Ruthless Villain a Narcotics Kingpin that has a syndicate, etc.
Elvis is a wise cracker, can clean up other persons messes as a PI so a moral motive why he is a PI, and has a 9mm Beretta gun with hollow point hot loads that he uses and makes the results damn powerful when he shoots foes it's like steroid bullets.
He shot 2 hollow point bullets picked the bad guy uo that kicked him back off the stool.
Joe Pike gets opportunities to shine including killing easily a bad guy with a knife which coerces another bad guy not to lie.
Elvis has to find a kidnapped kid also his father that he finds out was murdered trying to prevent the kidnapping. That's the main simple plot with his partner Joe Pike helping him.
Elvis will get his hands dirty to rescue a kid, also Joe.
The father wasn't a good husband but he cared about his son so still made a likable character because he attempted to protect his son from ruthless Predators which is admirable because he was outgunned and would not back down showing to be valiant, caring, and selfless putting his son's safety above his own safety risking his life to prevent the kidnapping.
Narcotics were stolen and the Kingpin decides to make a example showing what happens when a person steals his narcotics.
I utterly recommend this book, and will be starting stalking the angel which I assume resumes where the 1st book ended similar to how John Wick Chapter 2 and other sequel movies resume where the 1st movie ended.

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018)
8/10

A Stand alone Feature movie sequel to Unfriended, and is a Great Horror Suspense entertaining movie start to the end with 3 dimensional likable good characters i that is missing from most Hollywood Horror movies for several years, , 3 Dimensional Villains, believable drama, great twists, exciting great climax, logical reasons for the violence no lame for the sake of shock value or some other lame reason, and a unforgettable terrific ending.
What was a fun game night does become disturbing, and the good characters will need to fight for survival after the characters find out a disturbing awful truth, and has a plausible logical intelligent reason for a certain Horror trope.

The Main Villain and his Syndicate wants the Laptop that likely belongs to 1 of the Villains because it has incriminating files which involve videos of a person murdering kidnapped persons, and the Syndicate are able to cover their tracks because dupe Police that AJ using lines from his youtube video that's going to murder persons in a public place so he's killed by the Swat, other persons are murdered, and a Villain writes on the computer he can't live with himself because of what he and friends did with the videos evidence of the videos altered, and is murdered with a Villain able to make it look like a suicide with the classic hung himself. They will die if they
Disconnect or call the Police which is the anonymous message so a intelligent logical plausible reason why they don't call the Police. This is a Horror trope that isn't common providing a intelligent logical plausible reason for why the good characters don't call the Police

The Big Bad is shown with multiple screens for the ending of the movie with this the only scene he is shown,a Villain is able to alter the image on a video with the face of a good character because he has access to the computer which unknown to him has been hacked until it's to late, the good characters have done everything the Syndicate wants which is why they are able to cover their tracks instead of get exposed, and a perfect set up to frame them for the violent crimes along with the set up for a suicide and a plausible why the person committed a suicide.

The Vault of Horror (1973)
10/10
A Terrific horror anthology movie with 5 men telling stories about reoccurring nightmares that have 1 common theme, a great twist, and a great ending with a unforeseeable terrific twist.
From start to the end a terrific entertaining horror anthology movie.

The 1 common theme is each man dies and since they use egregious actions you really don't feel sad when they die which likely is intentional. Also most of these men want to get rich fast with illegal methods, and the twist is that all these dead men will need to tell the same story of how they died every night or they can't leave the Vault.
It wasn't hinted that they needed to tell their nightmares to leave the Vault before the line said by 1 main character, and a movie that earns it's unhappy ending.

Batman Assault on Arkham (2014)
9/10
A great straight forward Animated Super Hero Action movie that has unforeseeable twists which are great and believable, great action including the climax, great drama, 3 dimensional characters, decent dialogue, memorable great lines, and a terrific ending.
The movie lives up to it's literal name which is great because I utterly hate when nonsensical names are used for movies which has no valid intelligent good reason because it's utterly avoidable.

Batman has to prevent Joker from destroying Gotham City with a Bomb he has to find, and a Suicide Squad is sent by Amanda Waller into Arkham Asylum to obtain a device that Riddler has which has files of Super Villains.
While well known characters to non comic book readers are in this Suicide Squad Harley Quinn, Deadshot,Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, the 2 great not well known to non comic book readers that are main characters get the chance to shine in this Animated movie King Shark a Badass Giant Monster that is more than meets the eye, and The Black Spider that has a cool name, great costume, and is a great character that like Green Arrow and Batman has no powers but still has abilities that make him a formidable adversary including a expert acrobat, and shows he is a great fighter.

In a movie Show don't tell and this does do the Black Spider justice of showing that.

Deadshot is a main character in the Tv Show Arrow so really he is well known to non comic book readers after that along with the JL cartoon that was before this movie and that tv show.

The Suicide Squad is a illegal group used by Amanda Waller which is off the books similar to the Marines in The Rock for illegal missions, and she would be sent to Prison most likely if the files about Super Villains that Riddler has a device were released since those super villains were used in Suicide Squad missions.
That's why she wants the device retrieved by this Suicide Squad but doesn't communicate that to Deadshot and others, in a great fight Deadshot fights the Joker and is able to kill him by throwing knives at him that pin him to the helicopter and the helicopter falls to the ground with a explosion so most likely Joker died. Joker likely was counting on Batman to save him like he usually does so logical that he didn't attempt to remove his jacket and jump the hell of the helicopter.
Deadshot shows he is a man of his word killing Amanda since she wasn't straight forward with him with the whole mission about the intent of why she wants the Device that contains files of super villains, and the kill happens off screen leaving it to your imagination with him using a sniper rifle.
Deadshot wants to see his daughter a kid again so the writer did make Deadshot a likable character you root for wanting him to succeed.

Killer Shark has a crush and attraction to Killer Frost so makes him a humanized monster.

The Peacekeeper (1997)
6/10

A straight forward Dolph Lundgren is the main Hero Action movie that is realistic because the main hero A Air Force Major Frank Cross does what is right and just without authorization by dropping sacks of rice to starving Kurds. This is a Die Hard style Action movie.

He has to choose court martial or carry a black bag that contains the launch codes for America's ICBM Arsenal, and 1 decent Mastermind Terrorist that has the intent to use the nuclear weapons to obtain what he wants and a high amount of money, and the Mastermind Terrorist has a crew of Terrorists to help him.
This is a movie that shows realism with a character suffering consequences at their job for the not authorized actions which really isn't common.
A straight forward from start to finish decent fast pace entertaining Action movie.
Also talkshow Host Montel Williams is also a Main hero.

Has 1 filler scene but it's entertaining and decent so really can't call it bad or awful, decent acting from everyone including Montel as the other Main Hero, 3 Dimensional characters including a Main Villain with a plausible motive along with the Other Terrorists, decent action scenes and 1 great action scene, a great exciting climax that has a drawback or con read about that in the spoilers, straight forward story simply told with 3 dimensional characters, some great memorable terrible lines, decent one liners, 2 Likable Main heroes, and a great ending.

The Main Villain Douglas Murphy that is handcuffed to the black bag over a edge with Frank trying to obtain the Black Bag so he can stop the launched missiles, and Douglas after delaying more than 4 seconds decides to give up using the key unlocking his wrist and after falling from a high spot he dies after crashing on the ground. This was a Main Villain giving up which I hated.
Not a original Villain Murphy Douglas a person that worked for the Government he was a Marine that decides to become a Terrorist after something he doesn't agree talked about with a movie, also has a crew of Terrorists, and use weapons of mass destruction to accomplish his goal.
Murphy Douglas was a convincing Main Villain but nothing great or special with this dime a dozen Main Villain that used to work for the Government.
The 1 Great action scene is the Frank driving a car with the black bag, and a group of terrorists driving in a car which moves through the Streets of Chicago to the top of Chicago Buildings.

Reactions: joevol33
Ok I now see that the person is a Volnation member DH4 which I did read that BadJerry20 wants a podcast involving DH4 and Me. Before that I was guessing that he was a youtube entertainer same as Decker Shado, That Long Hair Creepy Guy, etc.

Not what I wanted to see for the 1st game for the Vols except still they were able to make it watchable for most of the game, expected growing pains, a awful game for the Valiant Vols that would not quit, and showed signs that they can play better both defense and offense still need to play effective as a team for most of the game to win which I'm optimistic they can along with possibly be a good or great team since they still have 11 games left.
The Vols are a better team what they showed today, and I don't doubt they'll show it this season by playing effectively as a team and winning games including teams they aren't predicted to win by most persons. I Know the Crimson Tide will be the highest longshot as usual because it's in Alabama along with Crimson Tide are a Juggernaut team with a wonderful Mastermind Elite Head Coach Nick Saban except Vols will have more than 4 games experience with the new system which is why it wouldn't astound me if the Vols were able to keep it a close game for most of the game, have a opportunity to win in the 4th.

A terrific College Football Saturday with other exciting College Football games including Red Raiders Rebels it became a decent exciting close game before the Rebels steamrolled the Red Raiders, Fighting Irish Wolverines a great exciting close game, etc.

Ok I now see that the person is a Volnation member DH4 which I did read that BadJerry20 wants a podcast involving DH4 and Me. Before that I was guessing that he was a youtube entertainer same as Decker Shado, That Long Hair Creepy Guy, etc.

Not what I wanted to see for the 1st game for the Vols except still they were able to make it watchable for most of the game, expected growing pains, a awful game for the Valiant Vols that would not quit, and showed signs that they can play better both defense and offense still need to play effective as a team for most of the game to win which I'm optimistic they can along with possibly be a good or great team since they still have 11 games left.
The Vols are a better team what they showed today, and I don't doubt they'll show it this season by playing effectively as a team and winning games including teams they aren't predicted to win by most persons. I Know the Crimson Tide will be the highest longshot as usual because it's in Alabama along with Crimson Tide are a Juggernaut team with a wonderful Mastermind Elite Head Coach Nick Saban except Vols will have more than 4 games experience with the new system which is why it wouldn't astound me if the Vols were able to keep it a close game for most of the game, have a opportunity to win in the 4th.

A terrific College Football Saturday with other exciting College Football games including Red Raiders Rebels it became a decent exciting close game before the Rebels steamrolled the Red Raiders, Fighting Irish Wolverines a great exciting close game, etc.
I would listen.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back