Basketball Recruiting Discussion II

He showed a nice jump shot and footwork in that short Twitter clip. He’s definitely more than just a fast break dunk, which is what I thought when I first saw his clips.

Yup, exactly my thoughts. I thought he was simply an Uber athletic energy type of forward, but he’s shown a lot more recently and looks like a NBA SF if he can add a bit of weight.

Reactions: 1 person
If that's the case, then he will have a long list of suitors looking to use his services. He showed a nice pull-up jumper from the elbow, which means he isn't afraid to shoot when open besides being labeled a good defender/hustle type 4 man.

E1T1 I believe is 0-4 so far, not sure the exact format but I’m guessing that means their chances of advancing are pretty slim. If that is indeed the case it may be a best case for our chances, if he was to advance to the finals where you’ve got every single school watching because it’s 1 game at a time with 1 court he probably would be leaving July with an offer from multiple blue bloods.

Got to admit that 0-4 record is just weird, with those two guys. Did the rest of the team suck? They only play with 4? Why no Ws?

Got to admit that 0-4 record is just weird, with those two guys. Did the rest of the team suck? They only play with 4? Why no Ws?

They have been very close games, believe they led in 2/4 games maybe more...other than Walker & Mann I’m not sure they’ve got any other P5 players, and they’ve been going against teams with multiple so I would say they probably don’t have quite the supporting cast others do.

They have been very close games, believe they led in 2/4 games maybe more...other than Walker & Mann I’m not sure they’ve got any other P5 players, and they’ve been going against teams with multiple so I would say they probably don’t have quite the supporting cast others do.

Definitely make sense. I didn’t look for other teams rosters but E1T1 looked small compared to what I imagine a lot of AAU teams. Walker was second tallest.

What if Mann commits on the 30th and James wants aboard as well? Ya think CRB would move Mann to the 2 and let James run point? I know not likely to happen just want your alls thoughts.

What if Mann commits on the 30th and James wants aboard as well? Ya think CRB would move Mann to the 2 and let James run point? I know not likely to happen just want your alls thoughts.

He ain’t coming but for S&Gs, UT would make room and worries about any fall back later. Imo

I’m thinking how good a Bone/Mann backcourt would be in a couple of yrs. I can’t even imagine a Bone, James and Mann backcourt.

He ain’t coming but for S&Gs, UT would make room and worries about any fall back later. Imo

I’m thinking how good a Bone/Mann backcourt would be in a couple of yrs. I can’t even imagine a Bone, James and Mann backcourt.

And throw in Walker too. Man that team would be 🔥

Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting: Rick Barnes courtside with Kevin Durant while recruiting at Peach Jam
23tlgmd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Poster on TOS that is familiar with Keon Johnson says Barnes reached out to let him know he’d be in attendance tomorrow...this is notable simply because Johnson plays for a very small program, not even sure where they are playing this weekend, but it’s not one of the big events in Georgia. So Barnes is missing a day at the big events in Georgia to be in attendance for Keon Johnson, not something many are willing to do and is a side effect of being in decent shape with some 2019 guys that you can do that for a 2020. Also mentioned that Barnes has told Johnson they want to bring in him and Springer to pair alongside Mann in the 2020-2021 season.

Reactions: 3 people
Poster on TOS that is familiar with Keon Johnson says Barnes reached out to let him know he’d be in attendance tomorrow...this is notable simply because Johnson plays for a very small program, not even sure where they are playing this weekend, but it’s not one of the big events in Georgia. So Barnes is missing a day at the big events in Georgia to be in attendance for Keon Johnson, not something many are willing to do and is a side effect of being in decent shape with some 2019 guys that you can do that for a 2020. Also mentioned that Barnes has told Johnson they want to bring in him and Springer to pair alongside Mann in the 2020-2021 season.

This is big. I was told by someone who knows Johnson really well (and Mark Griffin, his travel coach) that they told UT's staff they loved UT but were getting frustrated that Barnes himself wasn't recruiting Johnson and instead his staff was. So the fact Barnes is actually going is big and shows he listened.

Love that he’s reppin the T in warmups.

Anybody know when the next rankings update will be for the 19 class? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a bump.

Speaking of Pember, Rob Lewis said after watching him this past weekend that he feels he’s definitely a Top 150 guy and is more talented/ready than a lot of the guys in the last couple classes. Said he had other coaches (not Tennessee) tell him that it wasn’t a reach at all and one coach said he reminded him a lot of Gordon Hayward at that stage of his career.

The only potenially alarming part for me is this is the second injury I know of in a short time. Hopefully he isn't going to ne injury prone

Hopefully added strength over his entire body will better prepare him. This is why a RS year or additional year of prep work could be beneficial.

Weird timing. He’s said multiple times he wants to play for a coach that is proven to develop NBA talent. And yet the only school that makes sense making such a late impact is Memphis. Could be Kansas came hard late and he is just blinded by the blue light. Maybe Walker is pulling his strings(and just ain’t that into us) or Barnes/KD pissed him off coming and showing him more love last weekend. what the he!! Mann?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back