Out with the new, in with tradition!!

The Tennessee Volunteers have some of the most-iconic uniforms in all of college sports, especially with the checkerboard pattern that has long been on the helmet and pants.

Really?

Well, the writer is from Missouri.

Dont recall any during Dooley years

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the undershirts we used to wear under Adidas

tennessee_football.jpg

Miss the Adidas Unis...

i did like the Smokey Greys, for once every 3-5 yrs.

anyway. glad the cheggurburds are gone. if were getting rid of thigs, just go back to org. i like it.

Reactions: 2 people
I dunno. Maybe its just me, but i just feel like the checkerboard on uni’s are a little cheesy. I love cherkerboard...but just not on our uni’s.

Reactions: 4 people
I dunno. Maybe its just me, but i just feel like the checkerboard on uni’s are a little cheesy. I love cherkerboard...but just not on our uni’s.

Your not alone for sure. I liked them. Though the pants were cooler than the helmet. It's a small thing that will be quickly forgotten in any case.

Agree. Back to simple and classic uni’s, stout D, power running, vertical passing...and winning. Think Fulmer and Pruitt are both traditionalists.

Negative Deerpark said this like a month ago I believe.

I've been a contributor to VN for a few years. That said I've not noticed Deerpark ever being any more negative than your average fan when it comes to the Vols (see ANY of our Florida losses for people feeling good about the program). Further he has been accurate for years over uniform matters and usually does not cosign things of which he does not know first hand. The ONLY matter where he may have been negative was he did not cosign or agree with the coocoo birds that became the Gruden clown car squad. You know the thread which devolved into the philosophies of Jung, long walks on the beach, are you single, and who produces the best malt for spirits, and you're killing our vibe for Gruden arriving so get the $#@! out. Which turns out he was 100% correct early. Negative? No he is not IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been a contributor to VN for a few years. That said I've not noticed Deerpark ever being any more negative than your average fan when it comes to the Vols (see ANY of our Florida losses for people feeling good about the program). Further he has been accurate for years over uniform matters and usually does not cosign things of which he does not know first hand. The ONLY matter where he may have been negative was he did not cosign or agree with the coocoo birds that became the Gruden clown car squad. You know the thread which devolved into the philosophies of Jung, long walks on the beach, are you single, and who produces the best malt for spirits, and you're killing our vibe for Gruden arriving so get the $#@! out. Which turns out he was 100% correct early. Negative? No he is not IMO.

Lol you realize I was saying negative (a military way to say no) to the person I quoted and not calling DP negative right?

Do you feel silly now for typing all of that?

Reactions: 6 people
Lol you realize I was saying negative (a military way to say no) to the person I quoted and not calling DP negative right?

Lol, I've got a DD214 I'd stack up against anyone's, silly? I never feel silly, that's for gender fluid people in tutus.

Narrow the helmet stripe while you're at it. It's too fat and wide currently. Narrower stripe has a more classical, cleaner look.

Absolutely NOT!

The wide stripe on the helmet is much more "UT" than that little thin thing they did in the early 2000's.

There has been a wide stripe on the helmet forever.

BTW... the double stripe on the pants is traditional to UT too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well... one good thing is we will look less like Kentucky, their checkerboards are way overdone and hideous.

Absolutely NOT!

The wide stripe on the helmet is much more "UT" than that little thin thing they did in the early 2000's.

There has been a wide stripe on the helmet forever.

BTW... the double stripe on the pants is traditional to UT too.

Honestly I'll take all white helms with just the Power T, the stripe can go for all I care.

Im not sure about this, I mean they did the media day in exactly what we wore last year. At the very least im confused :loco:

If you would have used proper punctuation, perhaps that misunderstanding would have never happened. ;)

VN Store

Back