Papa John's Pizza John Schnatter Resigns

It'd have to go pretty high before saying no mas. I think it really made him look like an ass saying an entire 11 cents per pizza caused him to oppose Obamacare

On an individual basis, it seems insignificant. On a national level with 100’s of millions in sales, it’s a pretty big chunk of change. It cuts pretty deeply into their overall revenue stream when you look at the big picture.

It'd have to go pretty high before saying no mas. I think it really made him look like an ass saying an entire 11 cents per pizza caused him to oppose Obamacare

350 million pizzas per year at an additional .11 cents per pizza. If I had to absorb that cost I might complain just a smidgen.

Reactions: 1 person
On an individual basis, it seems insignificant. On a national level with 100’s of millions in sales, it’s a pretty big chunk of change. It cuts pretty deeply into their overall revenue stream when you look at the big picture.

So pass it on to the consumer. Are you going to buy a pizza for $8.99, but balk at $9.10?

Reactions: 2 people

350 million pizzas a year.
That’s .11 adds up quick.

350 million pizzas a year.
That’s .11 adds up quick.

In fairness, PJ's can pass some of that burden onto the consumer, but you're right, it's a business that makes $ on the margin and that hurts. Say they can pass over 50% to the consumer, that's still $0.05 x 350M ($17.5M).

I'm sure it won't change EL's mind, but if he's got some integrity, he'll take pause before trying to perpetuate the idea that this is just a mere $0.11 and should be meaningless to PJ's....it's $17.5M per year in perpetuity (and probably increasing?).

Obviously some people are going to pass, otherwise PJ's would already be charging $9.10.

And some people will also pass--in the sense of die--if they don't have health insurance. Sorry if I value their lives more than the high bonuses and yachts that Papa John executives may have to forego.

Also, wouldn't it help Papa John's business if people were healthier and lived longer? You know, the two primary motivations for having health insurance.

When you sell 350M pizzas a year that sort of adds up. Look at how much has been spent so 3% of the population can be insured.

And some people will also pass--in the sense of die--if they don't have health insurance. Sorry if I value their lives more than the high bonuses and yachts that Papa John executives may have to forego.

Also, wouldn't it help Papa John's business if people were healthier and lived longer? You know, the two primary motivations for having health insurance.

So why don't you cap your earnings at 40K a year and donate the rest to local hospitals.

Ps.
Don't use the donation as a tax right off. You need to pay your fair share.

Reactions: 7 people
Why do you assume that Obamacare is saving lives on the net?

Mortality Rates Suggest Obamacare Could Be Killing People

I’m no expert or well versed on healthcare options for our country. I won’t pretend to be. I have seen things where healthcare in countries like Canada, people are much more likely to be misdiagnosed or symptoms of a fatal disease are missed frequently. I don’t know if there will ever be a correct solution.

Saving lives is important to you as long as it's someone else's money

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
So why don't you cap your earnings at 40K a year and donate the rest to local hospitals.

Ps.
Don't use the donation as a tax right off. You need to pay your fair share.

So you believe because I'm willing to pay an additional $.11/pizza I should also believe in a 40k salary cap? Seems like there are some intermediate steps there you're not articulating.

So you believe because I'm willing to pay an additional $.11/pizza I should also believe in a 40k salary cap? Seems like there are some intermediate steps there you're not articulating.

Why did you need the government to tell you to pay $.11 more for pizza if that’s something you already believed in? Were you contributing to indigent medical funds before the law?

Reactions: 3 people

Sorry, I thought you would be willing to give up the good life since you think the papa johns executives should.

Why do you assume that Obamacare is saving lives on the net?

Mortality Rates Suggest Obamacare Could Be Killing People

So he factored out the opiod deaths, but I didn't see any mention of the fact that we have a lot of aging baby boomers who are "coming due," much less that his analysis accounted for this. Regardless, I'd like to see something a little more in-depth than a Federalist article. As he mentioned, most previous studies that have examined the issue found that extending coverage lowered death rates.

The Papa Johns near us in jax wasnt bad but the one here in Buford is awful. more grease than sbarros

mkjzmct.gif

That is so noble of you to spend other people’s money. That is almost like forcing people to purchase something they don’t want to purchase but it sounds so much more patriotic and affordable when you tell them it’s for their own good.

VN Store

Back