Fortnite Battle Royale

When a PS5 launches it will be obsolete the very first day compared to available pc parts. Pc runs faster. Better FPS. More configuration settings for keyboard and mouse. Mouse is quicker to put a crosshair on someone and more accurate.

Speaking of the aim assist. Can you turn that off in the ps4 settings?

Not sure about turning off aim assist.

As for the quicker mouse...that's supported in Fortnite on consoles. So you're really down to just fps. I'd imagine the folks using 144hz or greater monitors is fairly small.

I think the original idea was for each platform to play within their console unless you team up cross platform. Then you go to cross platform servers. This type setup seems fine to me. I think that's how it's running right now.

They are hoping to have it running later today. Not currently available.

Oh ok. From what I read they hoped to have it back running by 8am this morning.

Did watch some video of those who got in yesterday before they shut it down. 7 or 8 swings on material and you were full at 999.

Be in game by 1:30pm EST tomorrow. Looks like the missle launch will happen at this time.

Attachments

• eu7ECy5_d.jpg
    eu7ECy5_d.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
Ok I just started playing this so I have questions...

Is fort building a requirement in the game or can I just run around and shoot people? Also what counts more, surviving to the end or the most kills?

Can you earn V-bucks in game or do you have to use real money?

Starting out, can I select a specific skin or do I have to accept my character being random?

Last edited:
Ok I just started playing this. Is fort building a requirement in the game or can I just run around and shoot people? Also what counts more, surviving to the end or the most kills?

Also can you earn V-bucks in game or do you have to use real money?

If you want to get anywhere solo then you’ll need to learn to build. Put it on “builder pro” in the settings. You can get by with just killing if you’ve got friends who can build, but I’d take time to land somewhere and learn. I usually go for kills, but it’s whatever. I’d rather go out mid game with 5 kills than win with 1, but it’s personal preference. You can get V-bucks through the Save the World mode or every ten levels with the season pass. It’s entirely possible to pay 10 for a season pass, and play enough to earn enough V-bucks to pay for the next season, and so on.

Without the season pass, a starter pack, or a Twitch account pack, you just have to be a random skin I think.

If you want to get anywhere solo then you’ll need to learn to build. Put it on “builder pro” in the settings. You can get by with just killing if you’ve got friends who can build, but I’d take time to land somewhere and learn. I usually go for kills, but it’s whatever. I’d rather go out mid game with 5 kills than win with 1, but it’s personal preference. You can get V-bucks through the Save the World mode or every ten levels with the season pass. It’s entirely possible to pay 10 for a season pass, and play enough to earn enough V-bucks to pay for the next season, and so on.

Without the season pass, a starter pack, or a Twitch account pack, you just have to be a random skin I think.

But what does building stuff get you? I'm not understanding the importance of gathering the resources and building structures. It just feels like a distraction from the real action.

If someone shoots at you, and there is a wall between you and the bullet, you don't get hit.

Best thing to do is watch some good players on twitch to see how to play the game. Then go try it yourself and fail miserably. Then do it again...and again...

Last edited:
Watch muselk Fortnite YouTube channel. I stumbled across it today with the news of the rocket. It will show you how important building is to the top tier players. I’m not one that is really into watching other people play, but he is pretty funny.

I don’t try to be that, most I am doing is walls to revive someone. I just play squad or groups and hope I luck into someone who can build towards the ends. I am playing random skin every time and still having fun.

But what does building stuff get you? I'm not understanding the importance of gathering the resources and building structures. It just feels like a distraction from the real action.

Building is for taking the defensive or for mounting an offensive once you’re more acquainted. Getting the high ground in this game will carry you a long ways.

Is fort building a requirement in the game or can I just run around and shoot people? Also what counts more, surviving to the end or the most kills?

Starting out, can I select a specific skin or do I have to accept my character being random?

Try H1Z1 or PUBG

The goal of the game is to be the last one surviving. Sometimes you can do that only killing 1 or 2 people. You'll never be able to win a solo game unless you get good at building. Unless you just get extremely lucky. It sounds like Pubg might be more your style. The building aspect in fortnite ruins it for me. I hate getting shots on someone and they just construct a mansion in 15 seconds. To me there's more strategy involved in pubg and the intensity is multiplied because if the circle forces you out in the open then you are actually out in the open.

I'm am trying to learn this game so I can play with my son. Very difficult on solos and the playground mode doesn't help me learn to shoot in close combat.

Anyone here willing to let a middle aged noob join your squad?

I'm am trying to learn this game so I can play with my son. Very difficult on solos and the playground mode doesn't help me learn to shoot in close combat.

Anyone here willing to let a middle aged noob join your squad?

What system?

Any big changes coming with the new season?

Lots of map changes. Appears to be a sort of time traveling theme. There will be an Egyptian area, wild west area, etc. Tomato Town, Lucky Landing, Risky, Moisty (or Wailing) will most likely all be gone/changed/missing tomorrow.

Right side of the map is going to look different.

Last edited:
Lots of map changes. Appears to be a sort of time traveling theme. There will be an Egyptian area, wild west area, etc. Tomato Town, Lucky Landing, Risky, Moisty (or Wailing) will most likely all be gone/changed/missing tomorrow.

Right side of the map is going to look different.

All-nighter? :)

VN Store

Back