Tennessee to play Alabama in baseball the Friday before the football game

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pretty cool.

"Vols baseball coach @UTCoachV22 tells us on @SportsRadioWNML that Tennessee will play Alabama in baseball the Friday before the two teams play in football Oct. 20 this season in Knoxville. NCAA now allows two Fall exhibition games. Very cool." -- Vince Ferrara

I'm just happy that the NCAA has allowed D1 teams to play other D1 teams in the fall instead of just juco or mid-major teams. Step in the right direction, IMO.

Reactions: RollerVol
The game against Alabama on the Friday before for the football game is now TBA. The NCAA won’t let Alabama miss classes on that Friday. If it’s a night game they might play at Saturday late morning / early afternoon or on Sunday. They will also play Alabama in Atlanta.

The game against Alabama on the Friday before for the football game is now TBA. The NCAA won’t let Alabama miss classes on that Friday. If it’s a night game they might play at Saturday late morning / early afternoon or on Sunday. They will also play Alabama in Atlanta.

Saturday would be better. If I remember correctly when I was there they played the same day as the Orange & White game in '86 and it was awesome to go to the baseball game then the football game.

Baseball game is where?

Baseball game is where?

In Knoxville for the football game pending logistics workout and then they are playing Alabama in Atlanta . I know the staff is recruiting the Atlanta are really hard. Not sure if that was the thought process and make it an annual thing? Just speculating there?

In Knoxville for the football game pending logistics workout and then they are playing Alabama in Atlanta . I know the staff is recruiting the Atlanta are really hard. Not sure if that was the thought process and make it an annual thing? Just speculating there?

I heard we won't play Alabama in the regular season this year and that had a lot to do with playing. If that is correct that might mean this is a one year deal

Do they think by playing a baseball game during a big big football game more people will come. They are in tailgate mode Sat morning. I will go to both games and hope we can have a large crowd. What are other thoughts on this subject.

Do they think by playing a baseball game during a big big football game more people will come. They are in tailgate mode Sat morning. I will go to both games and hope we can have a large crowd. What are other thoughts on this subject.

parking, parking parking....

parking, parking parking....

🚘🚖🚚🚛🚓🚓🚓🚗🚗🚗🚕🚕🚕🚙🚌🚎🚲🛴🚜🚛🚚✈️🛫🛬🚀

VN Store

Back