2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His highly recruited players were getting drafted and signed. The problem was that it often left the team in a bad position talent wise.

It’s a problem if you don’t have depth in a class. That’s why CTV signed so many guys. If you recruit aggressively it’s the price you pay but you also have to have a backup plan.

I would say take a look at 31s thread...we got hit pretty good but compared to the big boys not so much.

Charlie Taylor class of 2020 from Dunwoody, Georgia just committed. He has a 9 rating on Perfect Game and plays pretty much every position as a catcher, middle infielder and outfielder according to Perfect Game.

Reactions: 2 people
We lost a juco catcher who probably was going to start. Hoehner from Cisco. Texas kid who always wanted to go to A&M but they didn’t recruit him. Lost a catcher to the draft and stole him away while he was enrolled in summer school at UT. A&M made a recruiting violation that they self reported in doing so. Fair to say a rivalry has heated up with A&M and that staff. Zero respect for Rob Childress,

Reactions: 2 people
We lost a juco catcher who probably was going to start. Hoehner from Cisco. Texas kid who always wanted to go to A&M but they didn’t recruit him. Lost a catcher to the draft and stole him away while he was enrolled in summer school at UT. A&M made a recruiting violation that they self reported in doing so. Fair to say a rivalry has heated up with A&M and that staff. Zero respect for Rob Childress,

So he was going to walk on here?

He is enrolled in school. If he went to class he must sit out a year.

So he was going to walk on here?

So he was a recruited a walk on. Had an extremely good sophomore season at Cisco. He was attending summer school. The rule is in summer school he can transfer and not sit out since he’s a walk on. If it was the fall semester transfer rules would apply. A&M made a violation by not contacting the Tennessee staff and asking for permission to talk and they did it behind there back. A&M self reported the violation to the NCAA they will be hit with something.

So he was a recruited a walk on. Had an extremely good sophomore season at Cisco. He was attending summer school. The rule is in summer school he can transfer and not sit out since he’s a walk on. If it was the fall semester transfer rules would apply. A&M made a violation by not contacting the Tennessee staff and asking for permission to talk and they did it behind there back. A&M self reported the violation to the NCAA they will be hit with something.

I don't blame A&M in this case since he wasn't a $ guy. That's a risk made when trying to juggle a roster of well over 35

Big get. Perfect game shows him at 6’6” and already throwing upper 80s FB! 3 more years to develop.

Thought the same. CTV loves hard throwing Tall arms. Good to see he is getting this type of talent. Will be fun to follow him and watch is progression at 6-6 I could see him getting in the 90’s when it’s all said and done.

Thought the same. CTV loves hard throwing Tall arms. Good to see he is getting this type of talent. Will be fun to follow him and watch is progression at 6-6 I could see him getting in the 90’s when it’s all said and done.

VBBF1, any word on Guilbe? Not signed yet. Any hope he makes it to campus?

I wish I had better news for you. He won’t be a Vol

To expand a little further I had heard that Guilbe had struggled academically and might not have qualified. At that point he lost a lot of leverage in negotiations and maybe even why he fell so low. He was very signable which at times isn’t a good thing when it relates to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back