'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

Where are you getting this? Heard the Purdue rumor but nothing from anyone I’d credit as legit. Mark Nagi writes a book about it and I subscribe. Not shading you...I’m sure you have a basis for buying in, but so far all I’ve witnessed is message board and Swain gossip fodder.

Someone in AD. Don't believe Purdue was real. UNC definitely was. UNC AD was tight with Butch and really liked what he did with the academic stuff considering what UNC had in radar to clean up. UNC AD was expecting Fedora to get either the Oregon or Baylor jobs with expectations that he at least pulled Baylor. He lined up Butch and Butch was going to accept. Then Fedora got blown out by rival NC St just flat out embarrassed. Butch did same thing by pooping bed vs Vandy so neither was a guy ether school could sell after losses like those.

Remember when our AD job came open the next yr? The UNC AD was one of the first serious candidates mentioned but eventually withdrew. That was the Butch connection at work

someone in ad. Don't believe purdue was real. Unc definitely was. Unc ad was tight with butch and really liked what he did with the academic stuff considering what unc had in radar to clean up. Unc ad was expecting fedora to get either the oregon or baylor jobs with expectations that he at least pulled baylor. He lined up butch and butch was going to accept. Then fedora got blown out by rival nc st just flat out embarrassed. Butch did same thing by pooping bed vs vandy so neither was a guy ether school could sell after losses like those.

Remember when our ad job came open the next yr? The unc ad was one of the first serious candidates mentioned but eventually withdrew. That was the butch connection at work

😂

“I’m not a big media guy," he said, smiling.

"It was kind of hard for me. I feel like I adjusted to it well and took it all in stride.”

Kennedy came to Tennessee to pursue a degree in sports psychology, but the redshirt junior admitted his “familiarity” with former Alabama defensive coordinator and new Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt played a major role in his decision to pick the Vols.

“He was a defensive coach,” Kennedy said, “But we still had a relationship. I’d say he brought me here.”

Kennedy, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining, saw limited snaps in just 10 games for Alabama over three seasons, yet the 6-foot-3, 300-pound center is expected to be a plug-and-play option for UT. Tennessee’s shorthanded offensive line needed the additional body and potential boost of a stabilizing force inside. Conversely, the opportunity to see the field immediately was certainly attractive to the reserve center.

“(Pruitt) told me I have a great opportunity if I come here and do what I have to do,” Kennedy said.

nitially, many players on Tennessee’s roster experienced a bit of culture shock with Pruitt’s expectations and daily commitment. Pruitt’s scathing post-spring game remarks were just four months ago. But not Kennedy.

Since arriving on Rocky Top in late June, Kennedy hasn’t missed a beat. He said the routine is “basically the same” as what he did with the Tide. Kennedy also lauded Tennessee’s new strength and conditioning coordinator Craig Fitzgerald. Kennedy’s work and attitude has quickly earned the respect of his teammates, too, with Pruitt saying, “Brandon is a really good competitor and he strains and he knows how to strain and he knows how to do it every play.”

“A guy like him, I think he’s quickly earned the respect of his teammates by the way he practices, by the way he goes about his business and I think everybody in our program is excited that he’s here.”

Kennedy comes to Tennessee with two national title rings. He’s experienced just three losses in his collegiate career, yet while the Vols went 4-8 only a season ago, Kennedy claims the program isn’t that far away from Alabama. Asked what the Tide currently have that the Vols lack, Kennedy said, “I wouldn’t say we’re missing anything. I feel like coach Pruitt wants us to be physical and he’s bringing that. We all have that mindset everyday.

"I just want to push them because I’m coming from a championship team, so I want to bring that leadership here.”
--Simonton

VN Store

Back