Country music thread

Checked out some of Dallas boy cody...he has some pretty good tunes. Didn't like the Chris Cornell cover, of I had never heard the original...I would have probably loved it. Trying to cover a Cornell tune, with his 26 octave range, is like trying to cover a jimi Hendrix guitar solo..just a bad idea regardless of talent level. I do like his music for the most part. Don't think I would like him as a person, seems like the Moody, brooding dude from HS that always wore black and th ought he was a maverick...yeah, that guy gets beat up from time to time. I check out quite a bit of the artists yall mention here, not a huge country fan anymore..but always like to find new artists that are good. Especially like the bluegrass flavored stuff..the Avett brothers are from an hour from here, where my sister lives. I like some of their stuff, live and unplugged of course. Prefer when its just the 2 of them. Thanks for posting new stuff here guys, helps me find new stuff to listen to. The stuff on country radio is terrible for the most part
"Bro country" is horrific. I like the old stuff from when i was a wee lad...Alabama, Kenny Rogers, Conway, Garth, strait ,etc... New Nashville is shameful. Them boys have never been country ...prep school kids from the south. Never been on a farm except for a school field trip, didn't come from nlue collar small towns, they came from rich parts of the burbs...and you can tell. Oh well, done with my rant...thanks again guys

This is not a troll, please keep Cody jinks in your thoughts and prayers. He was rushed to the hospital last night during his set...

Countdown to Lime Kiln. By all accounts they love the venue so should be fun.

Also Charley Crockett is the man.

I’m a horrible person. Why? Because I’m stoked for the inevitable breakup between Felker and Lambert, thus creating some amazing music

I’m a horrible person. Why? Because I’m stoked for the inevitable breakup between Felker and Lambert, thus creating some amazing music

It will be scorched earth on an Operation Barbarossa level.

I tried out the John Baumann artist station on Pandora today, pretty sure their algorithm doesn't really have him in the right zip code. Lots of Jimmy Buffet and Trace Adkins. Oh well,

Will definitely get back to Lime Kiln for any decent show

Attachments

• 32270.jpg
    32270.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 32272.jpg
    32272.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back