I hope these parents get their wish

He misspoke meaning families rather than parents.

Oh the horrors!

Great way to turn a good thing (NK returning remains) into snark.

He didn't misspeak. When Trump feels the latitude to use nameless groups of people in a case he is trying to build, he will often fabricate claims. He is a storyteller and sometimes gets too specific with his details for his own good.

Another example of this would be his claim that "I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J. where thousands and thousands of people (he later clarified in an interview with George Stephanopoulos that these people were Arabs) were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Trump was in Manhattan at the time of the World Trade Center collapse but explained to Stephanopoulos that he saw these thousands of Arabs cheering on television. Yet, there is no video in existence on LexisNexus of Arabs in New Jersey cheering the 9/11 attacks. He didn't misspeak then and he didn't misspeak now. He lied.

Reactions: 1 person
H3_NYT_Trump_Lies.jpg

So you can offer proof of these lies? Do tell.

Last edited:
He didn't misspeak. When Trump feels the latitude to use nameless groups of people in a case he is trying to build, he will often fabricate claims. He is a storyteller and sometimes gets too specific with his details for his own good.

Another example of this would be his claim that "I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J. where thousands and thousands of people (he later clarified in an interview with George Stephanopoulos that these people were Arabs) were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Trump was in Manhattan at the time of the World Trade Center collapse but explained to Stephanopoulos that he saw these thousands of Arabs cheering on television. Yet, there is no video in existence on LexisNexus of Arabs in New Jersey cheering the 9/11 attacks. He didn't misspeak then and he didn't misspeak now. He lied.

Oh well because no video was on LexusNexus, thag clearly means he was lying. Lol.

Oh well because no video was on LexusNexus, thag clearly means he was lying. Lol.

LOL all you want... if thousands of Arabs in New Jersey had been shown on television cheering the 9/11 attacks as Trump claimed, there would be video evidence of that report. Also keeping in mind that no local affiliates in either New Jersey or New York has such a video or says they have ever shown such a video which Trump claims he saw on tv. This was an outrageous lie.

Maybe we can pick up the Pueblo while we're collecting things that belong to us.

I'd tend to think the remains of our servicemen coming home would be first priority. However, I found this interesting:

USS Pueblo (AGER-2) - Wikipedia)

During an August 2005 diplomatic session in North Korea, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea Donald Gregg received verbal indications from high-ranking North Korean officials that the state would be willing to repatriate Pueblo to United States authorities, on the condition that a prominent U.S. government official, such as the Secretary of State, come to Pyongyang for high level talks. While the U.S. government has publicly stated on several occasions that the return of the still commissioned Navy vessel is a priority, there has been no indication that the matter was brought up by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on his April, 2018 visit.

No citation with the remarks about returning it though.

I actually agree that Trump lies quite often. But I also don't give a damn. I've become accustomed to politicians lying, be they Democrat or Republican. What they say is far less important than what they do. If he can bring our boys home to where they can be properly buried, with the honor they deserve, that should be commended. So what if he lies as long as he gets it done? Lots of Presidents have lied while accomplishing nothing. Hopefully, Trump is accomplishing something.

I actually agree that Trump lies quite often. But I also don't give a damn. I've become accustomed to politicians lying, be they Democrat or Republican. What they say is far less important than what they do. If he can bring our boys home to where they can be properly buried, with the honor they deserve, that should be commended. So what if he lies as long as he gets it done? Lots of Presidents have lied while accomplishing nothing. Hopefully, Trump is accomplishing something.

He exaggerates and is very imprecise w his words. People should know not to take him so literally.

But here he’s talking about bringing the remains of fallen soldiers home and somehow the left still complains. These people are complete deranged. It’s pathetic and very sad.

He exaggerates and is very imprecise w his words. People should know not to take him so literally.

But here he’s talking about bringing the remains of fallen soldiers home and somehow the left still complains. These people are complete deranged. It’s pathetic and very sad.

If he just said that and left it there? Great. He has to do this stupid storytelling crap where "thousands and thousands" of parents asked him to bring home the remains of their dead sons from at least 65 years ago. I don't see anyone saying it's of vital importance but how do you hear something that dumb and just let it go?

Reactions: 2 people
Soldiers killed in war deserve to come home, and we should make every effort to make it happen. Families deserve to bury their loved ones, to honor them. They deserve that closure.

Criticize war, criticize the politics behind war, but the men and women who get sent off to war by our government, they deserve respect and honor for their service.

Soldiers killed in war deserve to come home, and we should make every effort to make it happen. Families deserve to bury their loved ones, to honor them. They deserve that closure.

Criticize war, criticize the politics behind war, but the men and women who get sent off to war by our government, they deserve respect and honor for their service.

Who is saying otherwise?

If he just said that and left it there? Great. He has to do this stupid storytelling crap where "thousands and thousands" of parents asked him to bring home the remains of their dead sons from at least 65 years ago. I don't see anyone saying it's of vital importance but how do you hear something that dumb and just let it go?

It's easy actually. You say lots of dumb**** I don't respond to. You just take into account the source and move on.

Reactions: 2 people
It's easy actually. You say lots of dumb**** I don't respond to. You just take into account the source and move on.

LOL! When it comes from the mouth of the President of the United States, dumb and implausible statements are going to be pointed out. That's nothing new to Trump. That type of scrutiny comes with the job.

Who is saying otherwise?

Oh, I get you're "not saying otherwise". I just don't like how you use this particular subject to spread your Trump hate. You can't simply step back and just say "I hope he gets this done." No, you feel the need to hijack what is actually a good thing and try to make it all about your abhorrence of Trump. Selfish reasoning.

Reactions: 4 people
Oh, I get you're "not saying otherwise". I just don't like how you use this particular subject to spread your Trump hate. You can't simply step back and just say "I hope he gets this done." No, you feel the need to hijack what is actually a good thing and try to make it all about your abhorrence of Trump. Selfish reasoning.

boom.

Resist!

I hope they keep it up. The "blue wave" will be the last ripple in the democratic gutter puddle after a conservative storm on election day. This petty crap has to be driving folk away.

Man Creates Viral ‘Walk Away Movement’ Video About Leaving The Democratic Party – Daily Presser

Now, granted Trump does seem to conflate events and does streeeatch factoids to his liking. But...

American Muslims celebrating 9/11 - YouTube

Palestinians celebrating the fall of the twin towers on 911 - YouTube

Last edited:
I hope they keep it up. The "blue wave" will be the last ripple in the democratic gutter puddle after a conservative storm on election day. This petty crap has to be driving folk away.

Man Creates Viral ‘Walk Away Movement’ Video About Leaving The Democratic Party – Daily Presser

Now, granted Trump does seem to conflate events and does streeeatch factoids to his liking. But...

American Muslims celebrating 9/11 - YouTube

Palestinians celebrating the fall of the twin towers on 911 - YouTube

Can't you just accept that his claim of seeing thousands and thousands of Arabs in Jersey City, NJ on television celebrating the 9/11 attacks was an outright lie? The links you posted above have nothing to do with his very specific claim (which he has never corrected). He didn't "conflate" events. He fabricated an event. He is the one being petty.

LOL all you want... if thousands of Arabs in New Jersey had been shown on television cheering the 9/11 attacks as Trump claimed, there would be video evidence of that report. Also keeping in mind that no local affiliates in either New Jersey or New York has such a video or says they have ever shown such a video which Trump claims he saw on tv. This was an outrageous lie.

Believe whatever you want. You say it was a lie and your mind is made up. And you loathe Trump. So keep showing your bias.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back