Strength coach making players run 80 yards up the Neyland ramp

Unclear. There are a couple of minor changes with stripes on the helmet/pants that Pruitt/Fulmer wanted to make, but Nike is resistant to that because they made the solid single stripe that fades into a checkerboard a design element on the uniforms of several sports.

I know they're putting gray outlines on the orange numbers on the white PRACTICE jerseys to make it easier to identify and chart practice film, but as of right now that's not going to carry over to the game uniforms this year.

Remember, Nike has a 1-year lead time on jerseys because retail jerseys have to match. And Smokey Grey jerseys will still be sold in stores, but they're not expected to be worn.

Black cleats are definitely happening.

Really hope they pipe the orange numbers on white jersies with something, gray, black, anything, just make them stand out am little better. Keep us advised if you hear anything about that DP, thx!

DP, any thoughts by the athletic department to ever go with an all black Nike jersey? Would look nice with our Orange.

Edit: Especially with those new Black cleats we got a glimpse of.

The wrestling team used to do these when I was there, but it wasn't on the ramp - it was up the steps! Furthermore, we had to CARRY SOMEONE OF SIMILAR WIGHT ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE STADIUM.

The scariest part was being on the top - especially when the guy carrying you started to get a little wobbly near the top of the stadium! :-(

Great story, but I grew up in NJ and we had to carry three people on our backs to school each day, each way. And of course it was always up hill and snowing.

How about we line up and make a 1st down before we worry about jersey colors? :p

Haha I'm not too worried about that with the recruiting Pruitt has done and the amount of coaching they are putting into these guys. I am not saying this season is going to be emmaculate but it's going to be a huge turnaround from last year.

That being said I am interested in a Black Jersey lol! 🤣😋

Literally every strength coach at UT for every sport has used the Neyland ramp every year. I like what Fitzgerald is doing at UT, but let's not act like this is anything new. Every former athlete at UT from football players to rowers has a Gate 10 ramp story.

Don't bother Mrs. Pruitt. She's trying to sale her hubby. Lol

I can't find the video but I remember Coach Summitt making her team run that hill over and over the day after they lost in the NCAA Tournament. She said it was technically still the season so they were going to practice and that was the practice.

DP, any thoughts by the athletic department to ever go with an all black Nike jersey? Would look nice with our Orange.

Edit: Especially with those new Black cleats we got a glimpse of.

No, black is not in our Nike color palette. It can be used for shoes and equipment, but not even as a trim color on uniforms.

Reactions: 2 people
Literally every strength coach at UT for every sport has used the Neyland ramp every year. I like what Fitzgerald is doing at UT, but let's not act like this is anything new. Every former athlete at UT from football players to rowers has a Gate 10 ramp story.

Like everyone's got a story about Agony & Misery & Heartbreak hills in Fort Knox boot camp back in the day. I googled it and was amazed.

Attachments

• 051d4bfb-dfd3-440e-865c-f123d6b862e8-2354-000002d6e9d8e057_zps5172485211.jpg
    051d4bfb-dfd3-440e-865c-f123d6b862e8-2354-000002d6e9d8e057_zps5172485211.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 7
Unclear. There are a couple of minor changes with stripes on the helmet/pants that Pruitt/Fulmer wanted to make, but Nike is resistant to that because they made the solid single stripe that fades into a checkerboard a design element on the uniforms of several sports.

I know they're putting gray outlines on the orange numbers on the white PRACTICE jerseys to make it easier to identify and chart practice film, but as of right now that's not going to carry over to the game uniforms this year.

Remember, Nike has a 1-year lead time on jerseys because retail jerseys have to match. And Smokey Grey jerseys will still be sold in stores, but they're not expected to be worn.

Black cleats are definitely happening.
Thanks DP. Fulmer and Pruitt prolly tried to get the double stripe back and lose their checkerboard.

Most folks don't realize, soldiers and marines are basically paid athletes. I would say professional athletes, but (1) the game they "play" isn't for entertainment, and (2) most are far from world-class. Nonetheless, paid to be, primarily, athletes in a thinking man's "sport."

And so the training reflects that.

A post in these boards the other day said "military geek"...military are pretty much the polar opposites of geeks, heh.

Go Vols! Airborne!

:good!:

All the way!

But...it's a thinking "person's" sport these days.

Reactions: 1 person
Like everyone's got a story about Agony & Misery & Heartbreak hills in Fort Knox boot camp back in the day. I googled it and was amazed.

I have vivid memories of agony and misery. Under a full combat load you could almost reach out and touch the road while walking up it. That, and Mimosa hill in Knoxville. I think we ran every road within 5 miles of that campus.

All the way!

But...it's a thinking "person's" sport these days.

True.

I'm old-fashioned, and still think "man" can be a catch-all for both male and female members of the species.

I know that viewpoint is not in vogue these days. Whattayagonnado?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back