IG Report Thread

Since the left now likes to quote Gowdy so much

[QUOTEGowdy on DoJ IG rpt: Comey violated Dept policy in several significant ways. The FBI's actions and those of..Comey severely damaged the credibility of the investigation, the public's ability to rely on the results of the investigation & the very institutions he claims to revere][/QUOTE]

Gowdy: The report also conclusively shows an alarming and destructive level of animus displayed by top officials at the FBI. Peter Strzok's manifest bias trending toward animus casts a pall on this investigation. Bias is so pernicious and malignant

Reactions: 2 people
So texting “we’ll stop” Trump from becoming president is acting professionally?

Look at actions, not words. What did they do to take down trump and prevent him from becoming president? Also, what is the date of the text? Remember trump, when he thought he would lose, was spouting off on how the system was rigged against him. They could have been joking around based on these statements.

Look at actions, not words. What did they do to take down trump and prevent him from becoming president? Also, what is the date of the text? Remember trump, when he thought he would lose, was spouting off on how the system was rigged against him. They could have been joking around based on these statements.

Deploying the “I was just joking” defense. Lol

Reactions: 3 people
"She's guilty but didn't meant to..."

I don't even get that from a state trooper when going 7 over, much less breaking federal law that is there to oversee my gov't and add accountability, while endangering national secrets.
Well in all fairness, as Secretary of State, she probably didn't get any security briefings whatsoever.

Ironic. That’s exactly what we’ve been telling you guys about Trump however you refuse to consider it. So I’ll just cling to the literal for now also tyvm.

And a senior FBI agent knows better than to jokingly do stuff like that.

This report focuses on the Hillary investigation. I presume the actions that were being examined were action in that investigation; not actions that were related directly to Trump. Given Horowitz is currently looking into the FISA situation there may still be actions uncovered or reported that are anti-Trump.

I'll wait to see what the report says to draw conclusions.

As a side note, I agree words are not indicators of action or even intent to act. Keep that in mind in reference to Trump and obstruction (using some of his words to assess intent).

Since the left now likes to quote Gowdy so much

Gowdy on DoJ IG rpt: Comey violated Dept policy in several significant ways. The FBI's actions and those of..Comey severely damaged the credibility of the investigation, the public's ability to rely on the results of the investigation & the very institutions he claims to revere]
Yeah, he roasted them pretty good.

Gowdy: Comey Preaches "Morality, Ethics & Truth" But Uses "Relativism" To Rip Trump | Video | RealClearPolitics

MARTHA MACCALLUM: What do you think about that given the fact that James Comey said there was -- there was nothing classified in those memos?

REP. TREY GOWDY, R-SOUTH CAROLINA: I wish he had shared that advice with Jim Comey before he went on national television and recalled every conversation he's ever had with President Trump. So, I don't want the drama. I want the documents.

I've actually read them, Martha. I read them months ago.

MACCALLUM: Yes.

GOWDY: Which is why I think it's really important that you get to see them and your viewers get to see them.

Look, Comey is talking about them. He included it in his Senate testimony. He's talking a lot about them.

MACCALLUM: Yes.

GOWDY: Well, everyone should know what exactly he memorialized after his conversations with the president.

MACCALLUM: And as you say, you are one of the few people who has actually read these memos. Is there anything classified in there? Is there anything top-secret in there?

GOWDY: I can think of two sentences in all the memos I read that would be appropriately redacted. But having said that, DOJ can redact whatever they want. If they think it's part of an ongoing probe or somehow is classified, what I'm most interested in, which is what Comey is talking about, there's no need for that to be classified.

So, Comey gets to talk about it, but no one else does and that's just not fair to your viewers and it's not fair to the president, frankly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This report focuses on the Hillary investigation. I presume the actions that were being examined were action in that investigation; not actions that were related directly to Trump. Given Horowitz is currently looking into the FISA situation there may still be actions uncovered or reported that are anti-Trump.

I'll wait to see what the report says to draw conclusions.

As a side note, I agree words are not indicators of action or even intent to act. Keep that in mind in reference to Trump and obstruction (using some of his words to assess intent).

Good point. I was about ready to bring up Donny Jr's email about the meeting with the Russians offering dirt on Hillary. Not a good statement from him, but nothing in that email shows actions were taken to collude with the Russians.

Ironic. That’s exactly what we’ve been telling you guys about Trump however you refuse to consider it. So I’ll just cling to the literal for now also tyvm.

And a senior FBI agent knows better than to jokingly do stuff like that.

Have I ever said there is hard evidence of collusion? I think there's some smoke out there, but nothing has been brought to light yet definitively establishing it.

I don't understand what Trump was hoping to see here. Comey reopened the investigation 10 days before the election over Weiner's e-mails. How do you spin that as pro-Clinton bias? It's accepted that he could have fired Comey on January 20, 2017 and nobody would have questioned him over it. It's what HRC would have done.

so whatever would have made his firing kosher on the 20th didn't exist later?

What? Now you want to look at actions and not words?

Not aiming this a EL but at the collusion crowd in general. A consistent theme in the "evidence" of collusion is that Trump was saying nice things about Putin.

The goal posts have been on shaky ground since this thing started.

See above. When have I ever claimed that words were alone sufficient for collusion? Although now that I think about it, if the Russians had complied with Trump's very public statement to hack Hillary, his words would be evidence of collusion. He would have made the request and the Russians would have taken action. Here, the statement was "we will stop it." If the "we" refers to the FBI, then there must be action from the FBI to stop his election. The IG report found no such actions.

Not aiming this a EL but at the collusion crowd in general. A consistent theme in the "evidence" of collusion is that Trump was saying nice things about Putin.

The goal posts have been on shaky ground since this thing started.

I've always understood that these statements were adduced to show that Trump was favorably inclined towards Putin and therefore may have been willing to accept his assistance in the campaign. Never thought they showed any direct evidence of collusion.

IG found that on numerous occasions, COMEY used a personal GMail account to conduct official FBI business, according to source briefed on the report.

No wonder he didn't suggest hill be charged

Reactions: 3 people
I've always understood that these statements were adduced to show that Trump was favorably inclined towards Putin and therefore may have been willing to accept his assistance in the campaign. Never thought they showed any direct evidence of collusion.

I think that's even a stretch. Regardless, they are just words and we know in the case of Trump the words change daily so picking some out and saying they represent the "true position" is completely fruitless.

See above. When have I ever claimed that words were alone sufficient for collusion? Although now that I think about it, if the Russians had complied with Trump's very public statement to hack Hillary, his words would be evidence of collusion. He would have made the request and the Russians would have taken action. Here, the statement was "we will stop it." If the "we" refers to the FBI, then there must be action from the FBI to stop his election. The IG report found no such actions.

Disagree completely. Just because you throw out a comment "I wish someone would do x" doesn't mean you are in collusion with them if they end up doing it.

I would also argue that the context of his statement was a joke; not a serious request that he had any expectation of happening or that he was actively soliciting an action.

If I said, "I think Luther should spray paint "Trump's a weiner" on Trump Tower" and Luther end's up doing it that doesn't constitute collusion between Luther and I.

and I would argue the FBI, at least some elements of it, have been focused on making sure Trump isn't president. They have never treated him as President, and have acted unprofessionally to that regard, the leaks, and never ending very public investigation into anything Trump has touched.

What? English please.

Disagree completely. Just because you throw out a comment "I wish someone would do x" doesn't mean you are in collusion with them if they end up doing it.

I would also argue that the context of his statement was a joke; not a serious request that he had any expectation of happening or that he was actively soliciting an action.

If I said, "I think Luther should spray paint "Trump's a weiner" on Trump Tower" and Luther end's up doing it that doesn't constitute collusion between Luther and I.

Not an equivalent statement since you were not speaking to Luther in your example. Here's what Trump said:

"Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

And we know that Russia later provided hacked emails to wikileaks that the Trump campaign made use of.

Not an equivalent statement since you were not speaking to Luther in your example. Here's what Trump said:

"Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

And we know that Russia later provided hacked emails to wikileaks that the Trump campaign made use of.

Sure I am - I would suggest it directly to him after one of his statements about how dumb people are that voted for Trump.

Also in your quote above Trump is not offering anything in return.

It's absurd to consider the Trump statement of evidence of collusion.

VN Store

Back