Pokemon: Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon: Lets Go Evee (Nintendo Switch)

They've already said it's not using the Go's leveling system with candy/stardust.

Hence why I need to see how this leveling-up system will work. If not the traditional way nor the PGo method then I want to see how they go about doing this mechanic.

Looks now like these games WILL require Nintendos subscription service to play online. It was previously reported that they wouldnt but apparently that was bad translation. No big deal. I was planning on subscribing anyway and it's only 19.99 a year.

Edit: Hell I don't know anymore. There are conflicting reports about this. They recently held a Q&A session with the creators of Pikachu and Evee and when asked about online, here is what they said...

One final answer of note talked about the Nintendo Switch Online service in conjunction with these titles, and despite numerous sources stating otherwise, Mr. Ishihara stated that they "don't have any plans to use this online service right now".

Now, I don't know if that means these games have no online functionality at all, or if that just means they are not putting this behind Nintendo's Online Service pay wall.

Also, on Famitsu they asked TPC directly about online and they said "YES it does have online functions and YES you will need to pay for the Nintendo online service to use it."

Why would TPC say that when specifically asked for clarification on the matter?

Last edited:
I’m confused that Pokémon have CP in this as well as a level? Which one is more important? I wish they just remade Yellow with no tie ins to GO and I’d be 10 times more excited lol

While I am excited, my kids are even more excited. I think this is a great way to introduce Pokemon to a new generation and the casual GO fan. In advance of the 2019 new core release as well.

The kiddos have already requested the Eevee version.

While I am excited, my kids are even more excited. I think this is a great way to introduce Pokemon to a new generation and the casual GO fan. In advance of the 2019 new core release as well.

The kiddos have already requested the Eevee version.

Be a good parent and make them get the Pikachu version. The starter Pokémon can’t evlove and that makes eevee useless. Just kidding lol

The biggest thing to me right now is not being able to fight the wild Pokemon. That is a HUGE part of Pokemon. I'm definitely in "wait-and-see" mode especially over how experience works. I need more than "exp is gained by catching Pokemon and winning battles."

I’m really excited to explore the original Kanto in those graphics. But damn. Why is so connoted to ****ty Pokémon Go? How are you even going to train your Pokémon consistently if you can’t battle wild Pokémon? Lots of questions.

Battles with other NPC trainers looks to be part of it?

Last edited:
Be a good parent and make them get the Pikachu version. The starter Pokémon can’t evlove and that makes eevee useless. Just kidding lol

😂. Two girls and a boy. Boy is the youngest and wants Pikachu. Mean sisters.

Battles with other NPC trainers looks to be part of it?

Yes but what if you face a trainer you can’t beat? How are you going to grind and level up if you can’t progress past that point?

Has anyone been playing Pokemon quest? I started last night and it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be

Has anyone been playing Pokemon quest? I started last night and it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be

I won’t encourage them. Same with the upcoming iOS Castlevania game. I refuse to encourage the mobile platform. It does look cool though.

I won’t encourage them. Same with the upcoming iOS Castlevania game. I refuse to encourage the mobile platform. It does look cool though.

Not going to lie it would be a lot more fun on mobile because it responds better to touch.

Not going to lie it would be a lot more fun on mobile because it responds better to touch.

I mostly hate mobile games because of their approach towards shovelware with hundreds of dollars in pay to win transactions. The controls for something like Pokémon and other turn based RPGs are fine on a phone, but action games and shooters are more or less ass with touch screen controls. That, and I hate killing my battery. I’ll stick to handhelds if I’m going to do on the go gaming.

I mostly hate mobile games because of their approach towards shovelware with hundreds of dollars in pay to win transactions. The controls for something like Pokémon and other turn based RPGs are fine on a phone, but action games and shooters are more or less ass with touch screen controls. That, and I hate killing my battery. I’ll stick to handhelds if I’m going to do on the go gaming.
I agree pay to play is annoying as crap. I play old school turn base games on my phone when I'm bored so I agree with that. I haven't tried any action shooter games and I never planned to to be honest. I just don't think it would be fun.

I agree pay to play is annoying as crap. I play old school turn base games on my phone when I'm bored so I agree with that. I haven't tried any action shooter games and I never planned to to be honest. I just don't think it would be fun.

It’s awful. That’s why I’m so salty about the next Castlevania. Konami really knows how to screw thinks up - Silent Hills, Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc. all dead or turned into pachinko and mobile games.

A gameplay trailer a bit of information if you missed the Nintendo E3 showing.

[Youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cCtrBGG7l-k[/YouTube]

Looks good. Looks like the Pokemon go will be something to get used to but will be a fun party of the game. I like that you can see the wild Pokemon

Looks good. Looks like the Pokemon go will be something to get used to but will be a fun party of the game. I like that you can see the wild Pokemon

Not battling them, though, is taking a huge core part out of the game. I'm still thinking on this game.

So your pokemon gain experience by catching other Pokémon.

Kinda dumb.

Last edited:
It's been that way for a couple of generations now

Didn’t know that. Haven’t played since the game boy advance generations.

It’s disappointing. You’ll basically have to catch tons of the same Pokémon for no reason.

VN Store

Back