2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

Nah, LeBron ain’t going to Boston. I really think it’s either Cleveland, Houston or one of the LA teams.

I’m just going to throw this out, but Atlanta is a fit people aren’t seeing. They could keep that top 3 pick and find a way to sign LeBron and one of his buddies (probably Chris Paul). Taurean Prince and John Collins are good young players.

Atlanta is a big city - and Georgia has become a hub of the film industry because they’ve decided to give huge tax breaks to that industry. It’s everything LeBron wants and it keeps him in the East.

Lloyd Pierce is a LeBron guy too, by the way.

Nah, LeBron ain’t going to Boston. I really think it’s either Cleveland, Houston or one of the LA teams.

I’m just going to throw this out, but Atlanta is a fit people aren’t seeing. They could keep that top 3 pick and find a way to sign LeBron and one of his buddies (probably Chris Paul). Taurean Prince and John Collins are good young players.

Atlanta is a big city - and Georgia has become a hub of the film industry because they’ve decided to give huge tax breaks to that industry. It’s everything LeBron wants and it keeps him in the East.

I don't think he's leaving Cleveland. He wants to go to a big market that can win a title immediately, and there's just no way to make that work, outside of Boston. How does Houston pull that off?

I think he commits to Cleveland for 1 more year.

Too big of a risk this late in his career. He really can’t wait around for young guys to develop

I don't think he's leaving Cleveland. He wants to go to a big market that can win a title immediately, and there's just no way to make that work, outside of Boston. How does Houston pull that off?

I think he commits to Cleveland for 1 more year.

That’s my bet too. And that they make a bunch of moves this offseason to try and build a better roster around him.

I’ll give them Kemba for #8.

They can clear cap space. Dealing Kyrie and Morris would put them about $20M under. He can pull a Durant and make $20M the first year and $34M the 2nd.

Well he’s not doing that. So it’s not happening from a logistics standpoint. Boston has $107M committed right now for next year. If the cap is at $101M as projected, they would need to clear about $40M to get LeBron.

Well he’s not doing that. So it’s not happening from a logistics standpoint. Boston has $107M committed right now for next year. If the cap is at $101M as projected, they would need to clear about $40M to get LeBron.

If he leaves Cleveland at all, he's taking a pay cut, right?

I agree he’s not going to Boston, but salaries are useless in this discussion. He can come to an agreement with whatever team he wants and then that team can create space in a multitude of ways to make it work. Windhorst brought up a sign and trade - or opt in and trade - a few months ago.

If he leaves Cleveland at all, he's taking a pay cut, right?

Yes but he can still make $30M his first year I think he can make up to like $125M over four years. In Cleveland he would be eligible for the super max I believe which is like 5/$205M

Edit: he can do 4/$130M with a different team or 5/$205 with the Cavs as the max looking at last years numbers and the projected cap.

Yes but he can still make $30M his first year I think he can make up to like $125M over four years. In Cleveland he would be eligible for the super max I believe which is like 5/$205M

He might be doing Cleveland a favor not signing that. If the wheels fall off in 2 years, they can count on tanking for at least 3 years.

He might be doing Cleveland a favor not signing that. If the wheels fall off in 2 years, they can count on tanking for at least 3 years.

Well all their contracts come off the books after 2020. LeBron could sign a two year deal in Philly, try and win a title, then come back to Cleveland with three lottery picks and about $80M in cap space.

Well all their contracts come off the books after 2020. LeBron could sign a two year deal in Philly, try and win a title, then come back to Cleveland with three lottery picks and about $80M in cap space.

That's interesting, but I hate the idea of him in Philly. He and Simmons would clash on the court and there is a theory (I'm not sure I subscribe to) that Lebron doesn't play as well when big bigs are in the game.

That's interesting, but I hate the idea of him in Philly. He and Simmons would clash on the court and there is a theory (I'm not sure I subscribe to) that Lebron doesn't play as well when big bigs are in the game.

Yeah him and Simmons is such an odd pairing. LeBron would have to make sacrifices and become more of a spot up shooter and cutter. Which at 34 he might want to do.

I think his best option is sign a two year deal with Cleveland with an opt out after next year. That way he can see who they draft, if they can swing a trade for Love with some defenders, and work from there.

I don't want to see James in Philly.

Also, philly is a mess right now

I agree he’s not going to Boston, but salaries are useless in this discussion. He can come to an agreement with whatever team he wants and then that team can create space in a multitude of ways to make it work. Windhorst brought up a sign and trade - or opt in and trade - a few months ago.

Right. If he picks a team, they'll find a way to make it happen, Houston included.

Its still very early in my evaluation process, but as of now my #1 prospect right now in the 2018 NBA Draft is Chandler Hutchison (Boise St). Yes you read that right. He's a super athletic 6'7" SF that reminds me a lot of Scottie Pippen on tape. I like DeAndre Ayton and Mo Bamba a lot as well. They are currently my #2 and #3 rated players. But I just think Hutchison has the chance to be a Scottie Pippen clone. And I consider Scottie Pippen one of the 10 best players in NBA history so that makes Chandler Hutchison my #1 prospect in the 2018 NBA Draft.

Here's Chandler Hutchison in action for those that haven't seen him play:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QB8Tso9Tws[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XqQXH78CEw[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just gonna leave the #1 overall stuff alone, but I do think Hutchison is good, before D4H claims "Everyone thought he was terrible except for me"

VN Store

Back