'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

I like the 13-2 let's focus on that

Exactly. History is irrelevant in these games. Anyone think history has influenced the outcome of Tennessee vs Vandy and Tennessee vs Kentucky lately? Or how about Saban’s first game va Tennessee? Think his team cared about the previous 11 years?

Reactions: 1 person
so where do we stand in this race? One here is all rainbows and sunshine but the "experts" are not mentioning us as a factor. Besides D4H's turning him down is there anything else to make him a VOL lean?

so where do we stand in this race? One here is all rainbows and sunshine but the "experts" are not mentioning us as a factor. Besides D4H's turning him down is there anything else to make him a VOL lean?

Wiltfong put in a CB for UT a week or two back and multiple articles/blurbs from rivals, 247, etc list UT as one of the top schools for him. VQ and Callahan at 247 all think UT sits in a good spot for him at this point. Crouch likes UT, but wants to see how Pruitt has them playing this season.

Reactions: 3 people

At some point in the past month he said we lead. Sorry can’t remember the source but it’s somewhere in this thread

Reactions: 1 person
ATH Quavaris Crouch – Clemson. The Tigers land yet another No. 1 player in the country here over Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and some others. This is just a hunch and we appear to be far way away from finding out.

-Mike Farrel's prediction piece

At some point in the past month he said we lead. Sorry can’t remember the source but it’s somewhere in this thread

he's been pretty quiet, as far as naming "leaders". clemson and UT both feel really good about their chances right now, and there are those in both camps that think they lead for him.

We are definitely a top 2 here with Clemson as far as mentions are concerned. My concern is this kid talks about his faith a lot, and it being a factor in his recruitment. Dabo comes across like a part time Pastor at the Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly on the Frontage Road when it comes to recruiting. I hope Dabo doesn't end up being another Freeze, but Clemson has the same recruiting reputation as Ole Miss. There is a lot of talk that this kid wants to see improvement in our program this year. I think it's probably 50\50 and could easily swing our way if we win early this year. Otherwise, he buys into the Dabo Snake Oil.

Reactions: 2 people
We are definitely a top 2 here with Clemson as far as mentions are concerned. My concern is this kid talks about his faith a lot, and it being a factor in his recruitment. Dabo comes across like a part time Pastor at the Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly on the Frontage Road when it comes to recruiting. I hope Dabo doesn't end up being another Freeze, but Clemson has the same recruiting reputation as Ole Miss. There is a lot of talk that this kid wants to see improvement in our program this year. I think it's probably 50\50 and could easily swing our way if we win early this year. Otherwise, he buys into the Dabo Snake Oil.
Heath Shuler prayed about his choice before choosing UT and Majors.... not exactly a model Christian.

Sweeney seems genuine. What Freeze did can't be an indictment of him.

I hope this kid is led to be a Vol. I hope the other believers on the team make him comfortable. But I mostly I hope he is blessed in his choice.

Reactions: 6 people
Heath Shuler prayed about his choice before choosing UT and Majors.... not exactly a model Christian.

Sweeney seems genuine. What Freeze did can't be an indictment of him.

I hope this kid is led to be a Vol. I hope the other believers on the team make him comfortable. But I mostly I hope he is blessed in his choice.

I agree. I was just stating what I believe to be the two biggest factors on each side.

what he sees on the field will be a determining factor. i don't think there's any issue with false expectations being set by pruitt or the staff. but i do think that some of these top tier guys, like Crouch and Wright, want to see just how far away we are, and whether or not they (cround/wright) really could be the types of pieces needed to get us to that next level; be the impact type player they've been told they could be here.

i don't think a 6 or 7 win year scares them off. i think getting blown out by GA, Aub, Bama, USCe, WVU, FL would. those guys already know what they're getting with programs like OSU, Clemson, Bama etc....and if you have designs on the NFL and championships in college, then the path is certainly easier at programs like that.

but, keep getting kids like we've already got committed, combined with what looks like a competitive team, regardless of record, and that path starts to look a little less treacherous.

I believe it was mentioned that QC and Helton spoke regularly about faith. I believe it comes down to us showing improvement and who QC believes will put him in best position for future development.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back