2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the renegade while the good ones got away it appears to me

So...

First let me say that I got the Pick'em gift when I arrived home from Hoover today.

I've already put it to good use, so...Thank You!

If you've watched much of the SEC Tourney...The long ball is back and we NEED IT!

He can hack saw his dad's Chevy Bel Air in half for all I care,

If he can hit, we need him.

When he got recruited the first time, my brother who has done all that travel ball coaching and has a youngin' just a wee bit older said, I'm paraphrasing...he's the best baseball player, best hitter we ever went up against...

Now my brother...he ain't much for passing on compliments, but he knows more about baseball than I ever will...

More to your point though...He has to be one of the better players on that team, correct?

...and I think many programs that don't have it buttoned up might have taken a chance on him...OR are you saying he's such a "renegade" that he didn't have any serious offers from big time schools due to behavior issues?

Sorry for the long post, but I have missed you guys!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
So...

...and I think many programs that don't have it buttoned up might have taken a chance on him...OR are you saying he's such a "renegade" that he didn't have any serious offers from big time schools due to behavior issues?

GBO!!!

Yes he's a great talent.

He's the last of their high level hitters to commit somewhere and yes it's because his reputation proceeds him.

From an article on Knox News, it sounds like this has been in the works for a while. Pence just had to show he has matured and take care of business in the classroom. I’m assuming that has happened and his commitment is now being made public.

Pence’s comments make it obvious he has always wanted to be at UT and if given the chance, he would return.

I’m not saying other programs didn’t recruit him because of his reputation, but it could also be they saw it as a waste of time because he was always going to UT given the chance.

Here is a list of the 5 juco players expected to make immediate contributions:
Pitcher - Aaron Ashby (Crowder) 11-2 2.29 ERA 156k’s in 74 innings
Catcher- Michael Hoehner (Cisco) 438 BA 6 HR’s 54 RBI
SS- Ricky Martinez (Grayson) 359 BA 3 HR 43 RBI - very good defensively
3B- Duncan Pence (Walters St) 384 BA 13 HR 69 RBI
OF Alerick Soularie (San Jacinto) 403 BA 10 HR 46 RBI - interesting one here he was a top 200 recruit out of high school committed to Arkansas. Wanted to play for Vitello so went JUCO and will be at Tennessee in the fall.

Reactions: 3 people
Here is a list of the 5 juco players expected to make immediate contributions:
Pitcher - Aaron Ashby (Crowder) 11-2 2.29 ERA 156k’s in 74 innings
Catcher- Michael Hoehner (Cisco) 438 BA 6 HR’s 54 RBI
SS- Ricky Martinez (Grayson) 359 BA 3 HR 43 RBI - very good defensively
3B- Duncan Pence (Walters St) 384 BA 13 HR 69 RBI
OF Alerick Soularie (San Jacinto) 403 BA 10 HR 46 RBI - interesting one here he was a top 200 recruit out of high school committed to Arkansas. Wanted to play for Vitello so went JUCO and will be at Tennessee in the fall.

Good list. I would add Landon Gray as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Going to be a totally different roster next year with what I would guess is a 50%+ flip. Really need to catch a break on the draft, but I am not getting my hopes up. Especially with Jmornales, Guilbe, Ashby, English, Parker, and Lingo.

The Preston kid from CPA that decommitted from us is moving back a class. Going from 2019 to the 2020 class.

A tweet on Caleb Pearson, one of our commits:

Caleb Pearson (@c_pearson17), the 2x District Pitcher of the Year, put up video game numbers, going 11-0 with a 0.34 ERA ad 87 K's in 61.2 IP. He also hit .287 with 8 2B, 2 HR, and 15 RBI. Caleb's 23 scoreless postseason innings helped the Bruins back to the state title game.

What does the 8.5 mean beside a player's name?

Thanks for any information.

It's a grade given by perfectgame. Probably around a 3star kind of grade. 9 would be 4 and 9.5 would be a 5 star imo for those used to the star ratings

Last edited:
What does the 8.5 mean beside a player's name?

Thanks for any information.

I remember seeing a breakdown on the Perfect Game grading system, a couple of years ago. I will see if I can find it. Of course a 10 would be a elite prospect. A high level D1 prospect or potential high round draft pick.

Perfect Game USA's Player Rating System

Potential very high draft pick and/or Elite level college prospect

Potential top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect

Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect

College prospect, possible future draft pick with development

Potential college prospect

Possible College prospect and/or possible HS varsity

HS JV

Possible HS JV

No prospect at this time

The game is too dangerous

According to the Knights website, Kavares Tears 2020 from Columbia Academy has committed.

If so that's 7 Knights 2018-2020 that have committed. #ReptheK

Perfect Game USA's Player Rating System

Potential very high draft pick and/or Elite level college prospect

Potential top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect

Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect

College prospect, possible future draft pick with development

Potential college prospect

Possible College prospect and/or possible HS varsity

HS JV

Possible HS JV

No prospect at this time

The game is too dangerous

They have a rating system that includes ranking kids cut from the high school team? Lol.

Still just seems funny that they even list that. What does "game is too dangerous" mean? Do they mean if the kid played he would get hurt? Lol.

I am not convinced he wasn't joking on that part. I Habe never seen a grade under 6 which is what's wrong with the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back