just because

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMR__EDlsq8[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people
Ahhhh, yes, the day Derek Dooley beat the snot out of the coach we'd hire 2 years later.

Memories.

Reactions: 8 people
First time I witnessed that my hair stood on end and goose bumps popped up on my arms. Tradition...…..gotta love it.

Reactions: 2 people
Ahhhh, yes, the day Derek Dooley beat the snot out of the coach we'd hire 2 years later.

Memories.
It still makes me queasy

tenor.gif

Reactions: 4 people
The football team has had ups and downs over the years, but not this group.

An example:

Some years ago I had a couple of grand kids (high school band members) up for a game. We were sitting with the band guests, so we went in early. Late in the pregame team warm up, one child said "where is the crowd?" not too many fans where seated. I responded to just wait until you here the band finish up outside. Sure enough, as the band filed into the "house" the stands started to fill at a disconcerting rate for kids no use to seeing the movement of 50-75,000 people. Haven't seen too many entrances at other college campus, but those I have seen, do not hold a light to the Pride of the South Land. They never fail in starting the excitement. NEVER.

Reactions: 4 people
Brings back fond memories of years gone by. As a frosh at UT in 1972, after classes and for 12 hours every Saturday I'd bag groceries at Reed's Fine Foods in Sequoyah Hills for $1.60/hr, and one of our regular customers was Dr. Jay Julian, Director of The Pride of The Southland Marching Band...

Reactions: 2 people
Brings back fond memories of years gone by. As a frosh at UT in 1972, after classes and for 12 hours every Saturday I'd bag groceries at Reed's Fine Foods in Sequoyah Hills for $1.60/hr, and one of our regular customers was Dr. Jay Julian, Director of The Pride of The Southland Marching Band...

Dr. Julian,, came from Tennessee Tech as I recall. Had a good friend who was a student at tech in late 50's, played drums. He said that UT was getting one the best when Dr. Julian moved to Knoxville.
No question he was right!!

VN Store

Back