Guarantano's "big" arm

1. He did win a game last year as the starter, vs Southern Miss.....9-13 for 102 yards in the first half before missing the second half due to injury

2. Should’ve won the SCar game as well after leading the team down on a potential game winning drive....Brandon Johnson dropped a perfectly thrown pass in the end zone from JG on the last play of the game.

3. JG didn’t handle not playing in the GATech game, just like QD didn’t handle being benched and JG being named starter very well. Contentious relationship between the two after the QB battle was incredibly poorly managed by BJ and Canales. Lotta promises made and broken by our former head coach. It’s well documented.

4. Guess you stoppe watching at the GATech game, because JG was definitely, absolutely one of the team leaders by season’s end after showing a lot of enthusiasm, excellent toughness and some very good QB play at times. Go and watch the Vandy postgame presser and comments by JG and Trey Smith and get back to us.

What ever happened to the “when a receiver drops a good pass” punishment? Used to see it all the time.

I was at The Swamp when he started against us, I think he was a Fr. During the pre game Heath Shuler was out there throwing pills for us. I started watching Wuerffel, I always thought his motion looked like he started with the ball next to the right side of his chest and pushed out and up. It didn't look good. I thought, this guy sucks, then he beat our a**. It was a shame Tennessee was really talented that year.:cray: it was Fulmers first full season as HC.

Wuerffel definitely had a funky motion at first, Spurrier worked a lot of that out of him over time.

I remember looking at Shuler too and thinking, wow what a player.

What ever happened to the “when a receiver drops a good pass” punishment? Used to see it all the time.

If they give players a "turnover chain"for creating those, how about giving receivers a "hands of stone" 30 lb big ol' rock to carry on the sidelines if they drop one?

Most QBs don't have a big arm when laying on their back 1.1 seconds after receiving the snap. We'll see if they can do anything to change that this season. If so, then maybe we'll have something to judge out of the young man.

Tyler Bray had/has a big arm. Up around 60 mph.

Threw some fastballs vs. NC State:

Tyler Bray vs NC State 2012 - YouTube

Last edited:
No worries buddy. Lotta these rules are really confusing, but I recalled Fulmer actually redshirting some sophomore and junior OLinemen back in the day. Also, the verbiage around “burning a kid’s redshirt” can be confusing as well. In other words, Tennessee “burned” McBride’s redshirt last year in that him playing last year meant that he couldn’t take it LAST YEAR, as a freshman....but he can still redshirt this year or next year or next if he and the staff choose to do so.

I’m sure that the plan is to redshirt McBride this season as he will be third on the depth chart going into the season.

The biggest barrier was lack of protection up front last year. If we can get that fixed, JG will have a great year. The whole offense was a mess last year because we could get a push on run plays and we had a shaky, unpredictable pocket on pass protect.

Reactions: 1 person
I like old JG he's got fight. I think he's tougher than our soft offensive lineman. Least he was last year. Hopefully Pruitt puts some fight in those boys

VN Store

Back