Firing Davenport, UT done Curry a favor?

Adams was pretty right on with his assessment.

Hamilton with sidekick Currie fired Fulmer!

How long do you think it would take a man to forget that?

When Fulmer did not get the AD job, then DPietro hired him to be in his ear!

Beverly did not hire Fulmer when he wanted the job! Maybe he remembered that!

Whose agenda was Phil pursuing when Currie and Davenpoort were trying to hire a coach! Wouldn't you have liked to have been a fly on the wall? That would have been interesting!

Phil and his buddy De Pietro finally axed Beverly so the overthrow was complete.

I still remember when Hamilton and Currie fired Phil for his failure to keep up! And I wholeheartedly agreed it was time for him to go!

How we can be fed this steady stream of BS and sit silently by is beyond me.

I think we would have been a lot better off with Currie and Mike Leach than Phil and Pruitt.

All I wanted was a football team I could watch and root for and think they had a chance to win.

When Auburn hires Lane Kiffin, I'll go root for the Tigers.

Why wait? Your piss poor support wouldn’t even require replacement.

Reactions: 6 people
Adams was pretty right on with his assessment.

Hamilton with sidekick Currie fired Fulmer!

How long do you think it would take a man to forget that?

When Fulmer did not get the AD job, then DPietro hired him to be in his ear!

Beverly did not hire Fulmer when he wanted the job! Maybe he remembered that!

Whose agenda was Phil pursuing when Currie and Davenpoort were trying to hire a coach! Wouldn't you have liked to have been a fly on the wall? That would have been interesting!

Phil and his buddy De Pietro finally axed Beverly so the overthrow was complete.

I still remember when Hamilton and Currie fired Phil for his failure to keep up! And I wholeheartedly agreed it was time for him to go!

How we can be fed this steady stream of BS and sit silently by is beyond me.

I think we would have been a lot better off with Currie and Mike Leach than Phil and Pruitt.

All I wanted was a football team I could watch and root for and think they had a chance to win.

When Auburn hires Lane Kiffin, I'll go root for the Tigers.

Why wait? Head on over to Auburn already, would ya? We’d all be much better off here if you did.

Reactions: 7 people
Davenport should have been fired immediately following the whole coaching debacle. Her handling of the situation was horrendous.

Reactions: 3 people
Davenport should have been fired immediately following the whole coaching debacle. Her handling of the situation was horrendous.

Davenport caved to pressure. She should have stood by Currie and introduced Mike Leach as the new coach. But, we all can guess why that didn't happen!

that's my opinion and it's worth as much as yours!

Last edited:
Davenport caved to pressure. She should have stood by Currie and introduced Mike Leach as the new coach. But, we all can guess why that didn't happen!

You're correct about your opinion's worth. I was never on board with Leach. Is Pruitt going to be good? No idea, but I hope so.

Reactions: 1 person
You're correct about your opinion's worth. I was never on board with Leach. Is Pruitt going to be good? No idea, but I hope so.

I was on the Leach train. Would have been a fun ride, imo.

I wonder if Leach would have been able to put together a staff as good as the one Pruitt assembled, with SEC experience and recruiting ties to the region? I think probably not.

I was on the Leach train. Would have been a fun ride, imo.

I wonder if Leach would have been able to put together a staff as good as the one Pruitt assembled, with SEC experience and recruiting ties to the region? I think probably not.

He's just too much of a wild card for me. Sometimes being a wild card works out fine. Other times, it can be disastrous. Pruitt is a proven assistant who was ripe to be elevated to head coach. There are also unknowns with such a pick, but I feel better about it than I would have about Leach. That said, I would have supported either choice, just as I supported Butch...until I didn't anymore.

Bev was always on broadcast; never on receive.

Hard to fault Captain Funny Socks....eh?

Reactions: 2 people
Originally Posted by ru4real-really? View Post

"No, not really."

If anybody has offered you anything for your opinion--I do mean anything-- I wouldn't hold out if I were you!

Honestly I think it is going to hurt Currie even more. Some could look at what happened with Davenport and see one of the reasons she was fired was because she let Currie last as long as he did.

VN Store

Back