Jarious Abercrombie 6-foot-6 to the offensive line 2018

Sorry to burst the sunshine bubble - but a great practice squad pickup.

Will be recruited over.
Hey, uncle Lou. You keep forgetting that this staff is good at player development. He will be knocking your Georgia defenders all over the place before long. :):lolabove:

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry to burst the sunshine bubble - but a great practice squad pickup.

Will be recruited over.

walk. on. :whistling:

edit: butch beat me to it.

but there's zero down side here. he's had academic issues, is a late qualifier, and probably why he wasn't really rated or really recruited at all.

low risk, high reward=no brainer.

Last edited:
walk. on. :whistling:

edit: butch beat me to it.

but there's zero down side here. he's had academic issues, is a late qualifier, and probably why he wasn't really rated or really recruited at all.

low risk, high reward=no brainer.

Good points.

Not like he is knocking someone else out of a roster spot.

Hey, uncle Lou. You keep forgetting that this staff is good at player development. He will be knocking your Georgia defenders all over the place before long. :):lolabove:

I recognize your role as the Pruitt pumper...but are you saying a walk on is our best opportunity to develop OL skills in the next 2 years?

The OP said “another piece to the OL puzzle”

This guy is a body for practice until better recruits find their way in the future.

That’s all I’m saying.

he's 6'6", 320 lbs. so what if he is a practice player.

that's what the OL we'll be playing will look like, so if nothing else, the guys we'll practice against, will at least look like the competition on Saturdays.

zero downside. zero risk. ceiling as high as you want it.

Big dude, walk on so no scholarship wasted, and if he ends up being serviceable, it's a win/win.

I see nothing negative on this move bringing this "kid" into the fold.

Reactions: 3 people
I know he is on UGA's offensive line, but can he start with Cade Mayes anyway?:)

UGA's OL was rather young last season (their RG and RT were either true or redshirt freshmen) they recruited OL well also. There's no guarantee young Mays sees the field for the next year or 2 or 3 or ever at UGA.

he's 6'6", 320 lbs. so what if he is a practice player.

that's what the OL we'll be playing will look like, so if nothing else, the guys we'll practice against, will at least look like the competition on Saturdays.

zero downside. zero risk. ceiling as high as you want it.
Like your excitement but it lacks logic. Practicing against guys that "look" like the competition is only helpful if they play like the competition. In fact it could be said that could backfire if they expect the competition that looks like him to play like him. This is assuming he's a developmental guy. At this point we have no idea he could be the next Micheal Ohr for all we know. Or the next Blair. Let's wait and see. Either way great add because big reward and almost no real risk.

Like your excitement but it lacks logic. Practicing against guys that "look" like the competition is only helpful if they play like the competition. In fact it could be said that could backfire if they expect the competition that looks like him to play like him. This is assuming he's a developmental guy. At this point we have no idea he could be the next Micheal Ohr for all we know. Or the next Blair. Let's wait and see. Either way great add because big reward and almost no real risk.

You are overanalyzing. This kid is a free lottery ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

he's a walk on. the future isn't written. if they play like the competition, they'd likely play for us as well, and get offered a s'ship...

and you're underestimating the player profile this staff has, vs. the last, as far as what we have to practice with/against.

agreed, there's absolutely zero risk here. so why not look at it for the upside it could have?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back