Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State

That game would be more appealing than any of last year's non-conference excepting GT. Maybe it's a home-and-home issue. I don't trust any of the quotes from the AD, though. Who knows the real motivation?

Reactions: 2 people
Weird article.

"Oh yeah, chicken pot pie, used to eat that a lot, haven't made it in a while. I don't have it on my grocery list but it probably would be tasty. Maybe one of these days."

Reactions: 2 people
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I think it's a no-win issue for UT. It doesn't really help with SoS when UT wins and Lord help the Vols if they lose. Game doesn't really make sense except for recruiting reasons. Why not play a game in Memphis every 2-3 yrs. like they did in the past? I remember several Miss St and Ole Miss games at the Liberty Bowl.

Reactions: 5 people
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I think it's a no-win issue for UT. It doesn't really help with SoS when UT wins and Lord help the Vols if they lose. Game doesn't really make sense except for recruiting reasons. Why not play a game in Memphis every 2-3 yrs. like they did in the past? I remember several Miss St and Ole Miss games at the Liberty Bowl.

I like this idea: play Ole Miss, Mississippi State, or Arkansas every few years in Memphis. Gives us flatlanders a chance to go to a close game.

I have no interest in playing Memphis anywhere.

Reactions: 3 people
That game would be more appealing than any of last year's non-conference excepting GT. Maybe it's a home-and-home issue. I don't trust any of the quotes from the AD, though. Who knows the real motivation?

I wish that UT played Memphis State and Middle Tennessee every year in Football, Baseball and Basketball. But, that’s just me.

Reactions: 3 people
Pro-tip: Use incognito mode on Chrome browser. You're welcome.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back