This is why we win 10 games this year

13ZN.gif

You think the line of scrimmage is going to be a strength?!?

Optimism is good but some of yall are living in an alternate reality and are setting yourselves up for some serious, serious drinking and disappointment.

He didn't technically say it would be a strength.

I used to welcome any reason to drink. Disappointment was a good one.

He didn't technically say it would be a strength.

I used to welcome any reason to drink. Disappointment was a good one.

History has shown that when people think the o-line is going to be good the team is going to be terrible. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe before the 2005 season there was a ton of hype about having the best line in the nation....and see how that season turned out...

History has shown that when people think the o-line is going to be good the team is going to be terrible. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe before the 2005 season there was a ton of hype about having the best line in the nation....and see how that season turned out...

I don't think we win 10 games this year, not even with a bowl win and counting the spring game.

I was just pointing out he said he thought it would be better than it has been and Butch won 9 with less. I accept it as his opinion.

I don't see how it could be worse.

Reactions: 2 people
WTF is wrong with some of you fans lol winning 10 games this year??? Are you serious we will be lucky to go 6-6 and make a bowl. 5-7 is much more likely and 4-8 again wouldn’t shock me either.

Your take is even worse than the op. Neither one of you are being realistic.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they can muster a good season. It all on the QB this season. I think he just dont trust JG and thats why he brought in Chryst. I believe we are going to get a better version of Chryst. He trying to go to NFL. We can win at least 8 games or more this season. I dont think the team is that bad and Its a lot a good coaches come in on first year and have success. The Defense is going to be really good this year. Alot of guys coming back from injury. From what my Nephew brandon told me the offense going to be night and day from last season. Vols have a shot this year.

OP,while I do enjoy your enthusiasm,please don't be one of those posters who build the team up only to want to fire coaches or bench players when the season doesn't go as you predicted. It's great you want them to do well but there is still a lot to overcome with this team. They can have a winning season(and I hope they can) but just remember it's gonna take awhile for them to be great.
Keep showing your spirit and fandom but remember where we are starting at.

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
:rock:

Seriously you are gonna set the bar that low? Its that kind of mediocrity that gave birth to the garbage fest that was last season.

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!

Who is your fav team? Do you like turtles?

Here hold my beer...I'll call your 10 games and raise you an SEC Championship!! :p

Some of you guys get too worked up.

10 seems a little optimistic to me. We'd have to beat one of Alabama, Georgia or Auburn; which would make me crazy happy. I feel like 9 is a realistic ceiling and I think we'll get 6 or 7 wins in reality.

I agree 100% with this. Anything between 3 and 9 wins this season is arguable, because so many unknowns. The more we see of Pruitt & crew's no-nonsense style, the less likely 3 or 4 wins seem, and the safer we seem to be pushing into the 5-9 win range. But we won't know anything for sure until our lads actually take the field and start playing games.

But 10, yeah, that's a little beyond realistic.

Still, OD isn't hurting anything or anyone with his optimism. Never understood why people get more worked up about his and Nationdom's sunny sides than they do about the trolls who bad-mouth our teams, players, coaches, and program.

Last edited:
I guess its possible, but I don't think so.

I don't think so, either. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Nationdom and OD have a good-spiritedness about them that sets them way apart from D4H, who is an evil little goblin willing to abandon our team when he doesn't get his way. Those two fellas never do that. Really sets them apart from him. They're each worth 10 D4Hs.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think so, either. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Nationdom and OD have a good-spiritedness about them that sets them way apart from D4H, who is an evil little goblin willing to abandon our team when he doesn't get his way. Those two fellas never do that. Really sets them apart from him. They're each worth 10 D4Hs.

Yea, I believe they are all 3 different posters.

Reactions: 3 people
WTF is wrong with some of you fans lol winning 10 games this year??? Are you serious we will be lucky to go 6-6 and make a bowl. 5-7 is much more likely and 4-8 again wouldn’t shock me either.

Will it happen? Doubtfully. Could it happen? Maybe. When we start the season each year I'm hopeful for 12-0 realizing it probably won't happen, but it is much better to be positive about your team than negative. So I say, what is wrong with someone believing that we can win 10?

Richmond, Carvin/J. Johnson/R. Johnson/Locklear/Tatum, Kennedy, Hall, Smith....

OL looks pretty good to me.

Phillips, Tuttle, Kongbo, A. Johnson, D. Johnson, Emerson...

DL looks pretty good to me too.

Reactions: 3 people
Richmond, Carvin/J. Johnson/R. Johnson/Locklear/Tatum, Kennedy, Hall, Smith....

OL looks pretty good to me.

Phillips, Tuttle, Kongbo, A. Johnson, D. Johnson, Emerson...

DL looks pretty good to me too.

"Pretty good" doesn't win many games in the SEC. They all need to step up....a couple of rungs.

More than a decade? Richardson-Jackson-Stone-Fulton-James might disagree with that.

VN Store

Back