CFB News says UT vs. Oklahoma St. in Liberty Bowl

Not breaking anything to me bud. I just don't think recruits would be wowed if we beat OSU. Even getting to a bowl game would impressive, but all I'm saying is they wouldn't be in my top 5 picks to play.

Playing OkSU would be like playing an ACC team other than Clemson or FSU. You get very little credit for a win and you get run down in the national media if you lose.

Reactions: 1 person
Any bowl will be good this year. Plus Memphis us a short 3 hour drive and a trip to bb kings and gus's. Im all in favor, except i think that would be a l.

Now you’re just being funny, I guess I should have gotten the memo. You are like a petulant child that’s says and does anything to get attention. You add nothing to this message board besides a chuckle from most or outrage from others.

I don’t have one single poster on ignore, but sunnyvol may change that. I’ve never witnessed such an obvious troll, sad as hell really.

If the Vols go 7-5 they won’t play in the Liberty Bowl. They will probably play in the Gator Bowl in Jax.

Playing OkSU would be like playing an ACC team other than Clemson or FSU. You get very little credit for a win and you get run down in the national media if you lose.

They're better than that, Hillbilly. And get more respect from the national media.
  • Ranked #14 in the nation at the end of the 2017 season, by both AP and Coaches. That's just one spot behind #13 Miami, btw.
  • Ranked #11 in 2016 final polls. Well ahead of #20/23 Miami.
  • #20/19 in 2015.
  • #17 in 2013.
Point is, they're a good program, and have been for a while. Not playoff level good, but usually in the B12 championship conversation into November...which is somewhere we'd like to end up one day soon wrt the SEC.

So yeah, we could do worse than playing them. I don't think they're a Georgia Tech or NC State.

VN Store

Back