When do you expect results/lose patience?

When do you expect results/lose patience?

• Total voters
If we don't make a bowl game this year, I think it's safe to say we have the wrong guy. The team quit the last half of the year. We have talent. If the staff can coach up these guys like they should, a bowl game isn't a ridiculous outcome.

Reactions: 1 person
"Never" to parts A and B. In the current system the only results that matter at all are qualifying for the final four, final two if you're really serious about success. Make no mistake, they will joyfully continue taking your money, whether directly or indirectly through merchandise, advertising, et al. Out of my control and adds no value to my life, win or lose. Mostly still interested in observing the death spiral, autopsying the athletic department, and hoping the University of Tennessee will do something truly groundbreaking in regard to American tackle football.

Dang, man, you gave me goosebumps. Not original, no, but hella effective.

Thanks for that.

Almost got a tear in my eye JP. Im not hard to please this year. Just show me some damn football being played and I'm gonna okay. You know? "Show me some football Jeremy".

Reactions: 2 people
"Never" to parts A and B. In the current system the only results that matter at all are qualifying for the final four, final two if you're really serious about success.

Man, I think that's just a very unhealthy way to look at college football (or any sport).

That's like being so focused on getting rich, you forget to live an actual life on the way.

It's like ... well, it's like being so focused on the ultimate goal that you miss the joy of reaching all the intermediate goals.

-- There is value in playing in one of the classic old bowls (esp. the Cotton, Sugar, Orange, Rose, and Peach) and beating a quality opponent, even if it's not for any title.
-- There is value in winning the East.
-- There is value in being SEC champion.
-- Heck, there's value in a single play, very well executed. Something that makes you sit up and say, 'whoa,' and rewind it to watch a few more times.
-- There's great value in a game that brings together a lot of plays like that, one where you can't help but smile a cheshire cat grin, ear to ear, out of sheer happiness that the lads put together something so...joyous. One game. Unknown importance. Just. Good. Football.

Yeah.

There are a LOT of results that matter in the current system. Only one of them being whether you get into the playoffs.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Is 2018 considered Year 0 or Year 1? :)

I just want our opponents to know they've been in a battle when they play UT. Win or lose I can deal with it as long as the players and coaches do the best they can.

Reactions: 3 people

I just want our opponents to know they've been in a battle when they play UT. Win or lose I can deal with it as long as the players and coaches do the best they can.

We actually agree on this but I would add - not losing because of really stupid coaching decisions.
Everyone makes a bad call here and there but please, no pattern.

This, all day long.

Reactions: 2 people
We actually agree on this but I would add - not losing because of really stupid coaching decisions.
Everyone makes a bad call here and there but please, no pattern.

This, all day long.

Early on, Butch showed glimpses. Even though UT lost the '13 UGA game, most fans watching on TV and leaving the stadium were fired up. There were even, "It's Great to be a Tennessee Vol" chants walking out of the stadium that day...for a loss!

UT came back and beat S. Carolina that same season with a very disciplined performance.

Those games gave most UT fans hope. If Pruitt & Co. can give us that effort all season without the coaching blunders charger mentioned then UT will be fine down the road, IMO.

It completely depends on who is healthy. If we aren’t missing any major pieces I think we win 8+ in year 1. I expect 10+ by year 3

I'd say by year 3 we should be talking about the East title, and getting to the S.E.C. Championship.

This is a loaded question with lots of variables. But when do you want to see results with Pruitt and Co.? Now I understand everyone's expectations and end result vary but what year does your patience end and you wanna start seeing results on the field before losing your mind like Dooley (fired year 3) and Butch (fired year 5).

Poll didn't pop up? I wanted. PLease edit mods if possible. Thanks!

Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5

This is another dumb question.

This upcoming season I hope to see a coaching staff on the same page to a man, good clock management in timeouts, beating at least 1 team we aren't supposed to, (UWV-UF-USCjr), a really good sign will be giving up half the rush yards we did last season.

Year one.

FUN FACT:

#Vols average star rating for the CURRENT roster (players already on campus AND players who will join the team in the summer) is 3.36.

Florida’s is 3.32.

Any time you can be better than the Gators is a good day. 🍊
See!

Good god.

I'm glad you're not the AD.

VN Store

Back