SEC football program's gross revenue for last FY

Lol. Ok, none of those guys were coming here either. Kelly was always gonna go out West, wound up at UCLA and actually took less money to do so. Patterson has a freaking statue on campus, right next to the stadium....where is he going? Nowhere. People have been trying to lure Petersen away from Boise State for years....Washington in the Northwest was the ONLY place he was willing to go to.

An attempt to get Frost was made, but he was only ever going back home to Nebraska....left a 13-0 team to do so. It’s a bit sketchy about Mullen although it appears we did make contact with him right before he announced he was going back to Florida.....but the jury is still out on him anyway.

It’s clear you don’t like the Pruitt hire for your own reasons, I guess lack of head coaching experience being the primary one. However, coaches with previous experience fail every year after moving to new schools.....while coordinators with no previous experience have good to great success all the time.

Pruitt was wildly successful as a DCoordinator at the highest levels of college football....and he’s put together an excellent staff. What do ya say we let him/them fail first before proclaiming they’ll never pan out here and we’re bad hires?

Solid post!

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, I'm not going any further with that.

Its irrelevant who we coulda, woulda or shoulda had. We're going into the 18 season with Pruitt. Crying about it won't change it.

Besides, he might just get it done.

No one is crying. Just stating the fact that Tennessee isn’t serious about winning football yet has all the resources to do so and will continue the status quo because our fans allow it.

Lol. Ok, none of those guys were coming here either. Kelly was always gonna go out West, wound up at UCLA and actually took less money to do so. Patterson has a freaking statue on campus, right next to the stadium....where is he going? Nowhere. People have been trying to lure Petersen away from Boise State for years....Washington in the Northwest was the ONLY place he was willing to go to.

An attempt to get Frost was made, but he was only ever going back home to Nebraska....left a 13-0 team to do so. It’s a bit sketchy about Mullen although it appears we did make contact with him right before he announced he was going back to Florida.....but the jury is still out on him anyway.

It’s clear you don’t like the Pruitt hire for your own reasons, I guess lack of head coaching experience being the primary one. However, coaches with previous experience fail every year after moving to new schools.....while coordinators with no previous experience have good to great success all the time.

Pruitt was wildly successful as a DCoordinator at the highest levels of college football....and he’s put together an excellent staff. What do ya say we let him/them fail first before proclaiming they’ll never pan out here and we’re bad hires?

Just more excuses. Winning programs make moves to stay on top. We have top money with mediocre performance and that won’t change as long as our fans make lists of excuses for the school.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe you should take a break from this Tennessee football/Volnation thing for a minute and regroup. It seems to be gettin’ to ya.

Actually, I think the truth is just getting to others. Tennessee isn’t serious about football and it’s striking a chord. Deep down more are realizing it’s true but won’t accept it. I get it. When I heard others making the same argument after hiring Dooley and after hiring Butch I didn’t want to believe either.

No one is crying. Just stating the fact that Tennessee isn’t serious about winning football yet has all the resources to do so and will continue the status quo because our fans allow it.

Yea, if its fact and you're still here saying the same things over and over, know what that sounds like?

Fans spoke up when they tried to hire, actually did hire Schiano. There are a bunch of fans good with Pruitt. You act like just because you're not happy no one else should be...know what that sounds like?

If Pruitt had already lost several games and we looked like dog crap losing them, your tears would at least be a little justified. Until then...sounds like crying.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 5 people
Yea, if its fact and you're still here saying the same things over and over, know what that sounds like?

Fans spoke up when they tried to hire, actually did hire Schiano. There are a bunch of fans good with Pruitt. You act like just because you're not happy no one else should be...know what that sounds like?

If Pruitt had already lost several games and we looked like dog crap losing them, your tears would at least be a little justified. Until then...sounds like crying.

Go Vols!

Belittle me in order to dismiss me but the statement remains true. Maybe we get lucky and strike gold with Pruitt. If we don’t Tennessee will seek the next bargain bin hire all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Belittle me in order to dismiss me but the statment remains true. Maybe we get lucky and strike gold with Pruitt. If we don’t Tennessee will seek the next bargain bin hire all over again.

My intention wasn't to belittle you, just the way I see it.

Reactions: 5 people

Go Vols!
If Shiatno had never happened and they opened with Pruitt, everyone would've been pissed maybe even pissed enough to thwart the hire. I will admit that there is a chance Pruitt will succeed here, but national signing day was not good to him this year and the places where he had the most success were loaded with talent. I see Dooley 2.0, only less cerebral.

If Shiatno had never happened and they opened with Pruitt, everyone would've been pissed maybe even pissed enough to thwart the hire. I will admit that there is a chance Pruitt will succeed here, but national signing day was not good to him this year and the places where he had the most success were loaded with talent. I see Dooley 2.0, only less cerebral.

Is this an attempt to somehow change my mind?

Thought you were in the wait 'n see group. How can a mind be changed when it hasn't been made? Maybe I'm influential?

That’s easy. Cancel season tickets and all donations. Let them know you’ll come back when they hire a proven winner.

All I ask is that if this is the bed you've made, lay in it. Commit to it. Follow it to the letter. Even if Pruitt wins 5 straight national titles, I want you to keep that boycott going.

That's all I ask.

All I ask is that if this is the bed you've made, lay in it. Commit to it. Follow it to the letter. Even if Pruitt wins 5 straight national titles, I want you to keep that boycott going.

That's all I ask.

That’s fair enough but I doubt it. He only recently discovered asparagus.

Thought you were in the wait 'n see group. How can a mind be changed when it hasn't been made? Maybe I'm influential?

No dude, I finished that post you quoted with "until then..seems like crying". Thought you were trying to change my mind about thinking that was crying.

Anyway, carry on.

So cancel all Season tickets , stop all donations , fire CJP? Start a new coaching search ? Hire mega coach ?

tenor.gif

Gundy was a PR move for the restless Vol fans.

Available in Coaching Search 2017:

Chris Petersen
Gary Patterson
Chip Kelly

Further down the list we could have least made a serious attempt at Scott Frost or Mullen. You know, guys with head ball coach experience.

Nah, instead we went after Pedo State Schiano a coach that literally no school is interested in at Head Coach.

Yeah, we’re serious about football.

Those first two would have been walk off, grand slam home runs in Game 7 of the World Series.

Excuses man. I love my University but we have to stop giving them a pass for this ineptitude. The top revenue and profit producing school in the SEC could have landed one of those top 3 if they were serious about football.

"A concern troll is a false flag pseudonym created by a user whose actual point of view is opposed to the one that the troll claims to hold. The concern troll posts in Web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns". The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt within the group."

"A concern troll is a false flag pseudonym created by a user whose actual point of view is opposed to the one that the troll claims to hold. The concern troll posts in Web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns". The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt within the group."
So the guy who joined us a few weeks ago calls out the veteran poster with almost a decade of membership. Riiiight.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back