CTV’s Lemonade Stand - Friday

Ah. You should’ve given them both an ass chewing lol

Lol

The bs and sad part of it was I was told that rule was put in place because coaches as telling there bad hitters to fake injuries so they woudnt have to hit. That's a sad state of afffairs

Reactions: 1 person
I have umpired YMCA games, and I am here to tell you that some of the most vicious people are the coaches and the parents. I must have did ok because I continued for the whole summer, and I was the most hated person on the field. After that summer, I said,"Never again."

My wife got thrown out of my son's basketball game. We had 3 kids get hit with elbows from opposing team and she was complaining to ref about the elbows. The ref turned around to her and said "I'm not going to hear this" and she yelled "Well, you definately aren't SEEING IT"

Reactions: 4 people
My wife got thrown out of my son's basketball game. We had 3 kids get hit with elbows from opposing team and she was complaining to ref about the elbows. The ref turned around to her and said "I'm not going to hear this" and she yelled "Well, you definately aren't SEEING IT"

HAHA.

I coach basketball. My son is not at the age yet where you can really argue with an official unless it's egregious. But I did some officiating when I was younger, and I hold them to a decent standard. All I ask for is effort because the kids are putting forth their best effort.

I have umpired YMCA games, and I am here to tell you that some of the most vicious people are the coaches and the parents. I must have did ok because I continued for the whole summer, and I was the most hated person on the field. After that summer, I said,"Never again."

I officiated Tball games in HS and I will never do that again. I had to throw parents out of the game due to their language and their use of the F word.

I did get kicked out of a youth soccer league once because my team (which played up a year) blew everyone out. They were 5-6 years old and of those 8 kids, 5 play competitve soccer now, 2 play competitve basketball now and the other kid was daughter of a NBA player. I put goal limits on kids and tried not to run it up but I still got kicked out...

In a 4-5 year old league, you are trying to teach fundamentals. In most leagues, everyone bats and runs the bases (therefore, everyone crosses home plate). There is no point in keeping score. Some kids would never learn how to run the bases in a live game if they kept up with outs.

You have to walk before you can run. Again, I am very competitive and don't necessarily believe in participation trophies. But you can't do it that early. There's a reason why there aren't many basketball leagues (if any) at that age.

It doesn’t have to be competitive but if you have a game you need to keep score. If we are talking wee ball (should be outlawed IMO) then that’s a different story maybe. T ball you should be keeping score.

Games without scores aren’t games.

Reactions: NC_Orange
It doesn’t have to be competitive but if you have a game you need to keep score. If we are talking wee ball (should be outlawed IMO) then that’s a different story maybe. T ball you should be keeping score.

Games without scores aren’t games.

I don't know what wee ball is. It's pointless to keep score when everyone runs the bases.

Not really sure this discussion merits anymore time. At the time, my son didn't really seem to care about a score. Now that he's 7 and watches sports, it's a different story.

I don't know what wee ball is. It's pointless to keep score when everyone runs the bases.

Not really sure this discussion merits anymore time. At the time, my son didn't really seem to care about a score. Now that he's 7 and watches sports, it's a different story.

I’m just of the opinion you have to keep score. Even if nobody cares who wins.

You’re right though. Not really a worthy topic for a lengthy discussion.

Wee ball is the work of the devil. If you don’t know consider yourself blessed.

and its not just limited to Baseball, Football and Basketball anymore...........

Massive Brawl Breaks Out At Charity Cornhole Tournament
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeTgYbUKsyU[/YOUTUBE]

and its not just limited to Baseball, Football and Basketball anymore...........

Massive Brawl Breaks Out At Charity Cornhole Tournament
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeTgYbUKsyU[/YOUTUBE]

Those are some passionate cornholers.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok story time for me and my one run in with another youth coach. I was coaching my sons 9 year old team and one of the players rolled his ankle stepping on a base. Well per tourney rules that player was to be called out if he wasn't able to continue his other ABs unless the opposing coach agreed to let that spot be skipped in the lineup. All 10 players we had were already hitting in the original lineup
So subbing out wasn't an option. Well the other coach wouldnt budge on the rule and the kids dad made him hit even though he was crying and Could barely walk to home plate.

I gave that coach the worst ass chewing anyone has had in a long time telling him his winning is the only thing coaching was an embarrassment to youth sports. Oh and we won anyway. Still pisses me off.

dang good story...kinda sad the way adults can screw up a kid's good time...good on ya...:salute:

GBO!

Great work by CTV. I hear he is going to have some bojangles gift cards as well he is going to give away. He is buying all the lemonade , all the pizza and the tickets for the weekend. Hopefully there is a big crowd to support him. I think he is getting the rookie coach treatment by the league. I don’t see other coaches getting that suspension I have never seen a coach stop arguing as soon as he is ejected.

Reactions: 2 people
Great work by CTV. I hear he is going to have some bojangles gift cards as well he is going to give away. He is buying all the lemonade , all the pizza and the tickets for the weekend. Hopefully there is a big crowd to support him. I think he is getting the rookie coach treatment by the league. I dont see other coaches getting that suspension I have never seen a coach stop arguing as soon as he is ejected.

Guess he is pulling more tricks this year. 50 players on current roster. 5️⃣0️⃣ wow 😮

VN Store

Back