Dead End University?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I hope not but wonder if the UTn is beginning to be lookd up on as Dead End University. Coaches we hire and fire with noticeable frequency. Though they do do get a big chunk of money out of us before leaving. The AD mess and players with potential going undeveloped and undrafted. I just wonder how we are perceived these days.

Reactions: 1 person
To a good coach, i think we would be an awful place in our current state. No Tennessee fan wants to look at it that way, but for someone on the outside i could easily see how it would be viewed that way.

Reactions: 3 people
It's reality. We badly need this new coach to hang on for at least five years to dispel the notion that Ut is a coach's graveyard. This year is a mulligan. We need to be bowl eligible every year after that. 9-10 wins most years, similar to what Miss did under Freeze, would be ideal ultimately. We are out of the running for East championships for the foreseeable future, but lowered expectations can result in happy upside surprises!

Reactions: 2 people
Huh? Yea butchy left a ton to be desired to say the least but I'm pretty sure we still had three players drafted and 7 or so more that are able to compete for a job next year. Is it like 20 years ago, hell no but we are not north texas for ****s sake. Put down the shine

Reactions: 5 people
I guess we have a different definition of dead end, considering we make bad coaches multi millionaires

Reactions: 4 people
2 coaches over 8 years is frequent? Also, it's on the coaches to develop the talent.

I hope not but wonder if the UTn is beginning to be lookd up on as Dead End University. Coaches we hire and fire with noticeable frequency. Though they do do get a big chunk of money out of us before leaving. The AD mess and players with potential going undeveloped and undrafted. I just wonder how we are perceived these days.

Since what people think is beyond my control, I see no reason to worry about it.

Reactions: 4 people
Apparently not with the rave reviews this staff gets. We're a long way from becoming Kentucky.

It's reality. We badly need this new coach to hang on for at least five years to dispel the notion that Ut is a coach's graveyard. This year is a mulligan. We need to be bowl eligible every year after that. 9-10 wins most years, similar to what Miss did under Freeze, would be ideal ultimately. We are out of the running for East championships for the foreseeable future, but lowered expectations can result in happy upside surprises!
He is bama bound in a couple of years when Saban has had enough.

He is bama bound in a couple of years when Saban has had enough.

That is the dumbest thing I have read on here...at least this morning. Why would he take that kind of risk? Why even come here if the plan was to go back to Bama? Why not just stay there and wait it out? If he comes here, to a dumpster fire, and does not do well, there is no way in hell Bama even interviews him.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back