Starting rotation this week

I think they may change things up a bit this weekend. Maybe the order of who pitches on what days, or maybe Crochet gets back in. Who knows. I know Stallings has been a staple, but he has given up 25 runs and 18 earned in his last three starts. Do they make a change there and let him take a week off to get right? Opponents are hitting .318 against him...

I think they may change things up a bit this weekend. Maybe the order of who pitches on what days, or maybe Crochet gets back in. Who knows. I know Stallings has been a staple, but he has given up 25 runs and 18 earned in his last three starts. Do they make a change there and let him take a week off to get right? Opponents are hitting .318 against him...

I think we should have some sort of an idea after seeing who throws tonight and how many pitches each guy throws

He's been a huge disappointment

Neely - Benoit , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace.
Crochet - Benoit , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace.
Hundley - Stallings , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace. -

this would be my rotation for the weekend - situational changes as needed...JMO...
i would only hope for 5 innings from my starters!! 3 for relievers

Reactions: 1 person
Neely - Benoit , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace.
Crochet - Benoit , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace.
Hundley - Stallings , Schultz , Lingo and Wallace. -

this would be my rotation for the weekend - situational changes as needed...JMO...
i would only hope for 5 innings from my starters!! 3 for relievers

Couldn't agree more. Maybe some slight variations. These are the only guys throwing that have shown they have any business on an SEC diamond!

Vols Reporter - I would do something different at C too... I have seen enough of Lack of effort to try something different...I would put somebody back there that would at least Play Hard....

I'd go with Russell behind the plate based on what I saw in the fall and by the way he plays in general. PG had him ranked as #2 Catcher in state coming in to this year. Nico as well hasn't done anything to hurt us either....Just not a big fan of 0 effort...Not a big fan of BS's body language.. Stats aren't very good and setting him might get him to come around... I am basing this on overall performance of the year and not just a few plays.... So Nico and or Russell would be my guys.

Last edited:
I'd go with Russell behind the plate based on what I saw in the fall and by the way he plays in general. PG had him ranked as #2 Catcher in state coming in to this year. Nico as well hasn't done anything to hurt us either....Just not a big fan of 0 effort...Not a big fan of BS's body language.. Stats aren't very good and setting him might get him to come around... I am basing this on overall performance of the year and not just a few plays.... So Nico and or Russell would be my guys.

I think it's way past time to try somebody new behind the plate. Should have been done weeks ago. I had high hopes for Benny and I do appreciate everything he's done for the team, but when he graduates, I'll be very happy.

Yep. Wonder how long he goes? We will see. Maybe he moves to Sunday.

Yep. Wonder how long he goes? We will see. Maybe he moves to Sunday.

I'd like to see Neely stay there on Sunday, been the most consistent part of maybe our entire team this year; and it gives us the best chance to at least win a game per series

UT website says Heflin on Friday, TBD on Saturday and Neely on Sunday.

Yeah, TBD is pretty good from what I have seen. His brother TBA had a solid career in the minors I believe.

VN Store

Back