The Official New England Patriots Thread

Doesn't matter, he made the trade which was basically the steal of the century.

Yea I beliee it will be the worst trade in history... And I'm not trying to be overdramatic I genuinely believe it. If JImmy G continues he has HOF written all over him. I mean his release,footwork, timing, defense recognition, manipulating leverage (both vertical and horizontal) it's a top 5 in the NFL right now... His play is impressive.

Doesn't matter, he made the trade which was basically the steal of the century.

So what do you think happened? He was told to make a trade he didn't want to make and then he purposefully took less in the trade than he could have received? Nah.

IMO, you gotta trade him to the NFC*, and you have to assume nobody in the NFC was offering more than a 2nd rounder (which was looking like it would be a top 35 pick at the time).

*Cardinals and 49ers were really the only two plausible teams to make a big trade for a QB.

So what do you think happened? He was told to make a trade he didn't want to make and then he purposefully took less in the trade than he could have received? Nah.

IMO, you gotta trade him to the NFC*, and you have to assume nobody in the NFC was offering more than a 2nd rounder (which was looking like it would be a top 35 pick at the time).

*Cardinals and 49ers were really the only two plausible teams to make a big trade for a QB.

Uh yeah, thats exactly what happened. But then of course I would expect a Broncos fan to know all about this. They were shopping Garoppolo for multiple picks last spring, they had already set the market then unloaded him for a second round pick and the front office reportedly reacted with "shock."

Uh yeah, thats exactly what happened. But then of course I would expect a Broncos fan to know all about this. They were shopping Garoppolo for multiple picks last spring, they had already set the market then unloaded him for a second round pick and the front office reportedly reacted with "shock."

Right, because Broncos fans can't possibly follow a national story? I know all about the Browns talk, but you'd still be trading to an AFC opponent. If he is truly an elite QB, then trading him within your conference would make this trade worse than it currently is.

The market in the spring is not the same thing as the market in the fall*. BB resisted making the trade when there was more available.

Can you give an explanation as to why he didn't get more? If you can't, then I believe you have to assume that was all that was available.

The front office was shocked? How does the deal get done without the front office? The dynamic of the front office are something a Broncos fan needs explained.

*For example, the Bears (and maybe Vikings and Rams, eve) were probably interested in March, but not in October.

Right, because Broncos fans can't possibly follow a national story? I know all about the Browns talk, but you'd still be trading to an AFC opponent. If he is truly an elite QB, then trading him within your conference would make this trade worse than it currently is.

The market in the spring is not the same thing as the market in the fall*. BB resisted making the trade when there was more available.

Can you give an explanation as to why he didn't get more? If you can't, then I believe you have to assume that was all that was available.

The front office was shocked? How does the deal get done without the front office? The dynamic of the front office are something a Broncos fan needs explained.

*For example, the Bears (and maybe Vikings and Rams, eve) were probably interested in March, but not in October.

Yeah, he simply didn't ask for more. Duh!

Josh Gordon getting suspended shouldn't come as a surprise given his past history. The Patriots need to address the receiver position in the offseason.

Josh Gordon getting suspended shouldn't come as a surprise given his past history. The Patriots need to address the receiver position in the offseason.

Pats are always "addressing" the position, they're just not going to draft anybody worth a sh*t.

I effing loathe the Pats. So damn ready for them to be done. Praying that the Chiefs end them next week.

VN Store

Back