Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know that. Zach Lavine came off the bench. However, you get more exposure starting. Also, Lecque has more overall ability than Turner and Bowden.

Reactions: 1 person
Dekeyvan Tandy boosts his stock at UAA Session 1 - Five programs recruiting him the hardest

Team Thad (T.N.) guard Dekeyvan Tandy was as impressive as you can be at session 1 of the Under Armour Association. Tandy’s speed and athleticism was hard to match up with and played a big part in him averaging 16.25 points per game. In a win over Team Breakdown, Tandy grew more comfortable as the game went on.

"I want to be aggressive and get my teammates involved," Tandy said. "I got off to a real slow start and I wasn't happy about that because my team needs me. After that I had a good spurt."

Tandy is being recruiting at a high major level. Five schools have talked to him the most frequently.

"Iowa State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Oklahoma and Kansas State have been reaching out to me the most," said Tandy.

The class of 2019 standout has a lot of respect for Tennessee Head Coach Rick Barnes.

"I mean Rick Barnes is a point guard coach so that wouldn't be a bad fit for me," he said. "He has produced pros like Kevin Durant and T.J. Ford so I'm a point guard trying to get my game to develop and that's a coach that would do that for me."

Iowa State is another school who is recruiting Tandy hard. He likes how they utilize their guards on the court.

"They let their point guards play freely and that's way I like to play," Tandy said. "The coaches let their players go and that's the type of player I am."

He is familiar with how Cincinnati plays and how they will help develop his game.

"They play really aggressive and just like how my AAU team does," he said. "That is a good place for me because I have players that are three or four years older than me and I still need to get tougher. Cincinnati would help me with that."

He added that he plans to cut his list after AAU season. Tandy went into what will separate one school from the rest when it comes time to make his decision.

"A coach that really keeps in touch with me, really cares for me and makes me feel comfortable," said Tandy. "I want to be comfortable and make it feel like home."

There is a 7 footer that just transferred to Memphis East. Don't know his name yet. Waiting for confirmation.

He is only 16 years old.

I guess he can play the 2 also . I think he’s about 6’4

Sure but...

Quade Green, Ashtan Hagans, Immanuel Quickley, Jermarl Baker, Keldon Johnson, Tyler Herro, Tyrese Maxey

That is 7 guys to primarily play the 1/2 positions, that’s 80 total minutes...even if you throw in the 3 position which typically Cal would prefer a bigger guy than those above that’s 120 minutes split among 7 players?

Quade Green returning to UK, hard to see them being a factor for Lecque if he was to reclassify.

What is our realistic chances of landing Lecque? Seems like the piece we need to add to get us to the final four. Kid can pass and get to the basket! Dudes athletic as it gets!

What is our realistic chances of landing Lecque? Seems like the piece we need to add to get us to the final four. Kid can pass and get to the basket! Dudes athletic as it gets!

Let’s see if he reclasses, if he does then we are in the conversation, if he stays in 2019 I don’t see us being much of a factor.

Sure but...

Quade Green, Ashtan Hagans, Immanuel Quickley, Jermarl Baker, Keldon Johnson, Tyler Herro, Tyrese Maxey

That is 7 guys to primarily play the 1/2 positions, that’s 80 total minutes...even if you throw in the 3 position which typically Cal would prefer a bigger guy than those above that’s 120 minutes split among 7 players?

Definitely would be better for UK if he stayed in 2019 IMO. I don't want him pushing someone like Baker out. Baker needs to be eased into minutes, and I think he could develop into a solid weapon that UK desperately needs for a couple years. I would hate to see him pushed out like Charles Matthews was.

We're gonna see some weird rotations this year from UK. I think three guard lineups without a true C is very likely. At times our tallest guy might be 6'8 or 6'9.

In today's basketball? Especially in college? It kinda is. The days of 6'11" or 7-foot monsters in the paint are quickly dying. They are still used, but even Kyle Alexander, who is about 6'11", isn't your typical center. He's not a huge guy who you throw the ball to in the paint and let him go. He's a rim protector who doesn't have the best offensive game. I wouldn't call a 6'8" or 6'9" guy a "true" center, but that's the way a lot of rosters are run now.
Most UT fans think 6'8" or 6'9" is a true center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back